Car Rental in Bari
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Bari?
Bari is a great destination to explore by car. A fascinating city in its own right, it can also serve as a base for exploring the rest of Southern Italy.
One-Way Car Rentals in Bari
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Bari and drop off in another city include:
- From Bari to Naples - 181 offers from 19.68 USD per day
- From Bari to Brindisi - 175 offers from 23.29 USD per day
- From Bari to Florence - 182 offers from 19.68 USD per day
- From Bari to Rome - 177 offers from 19.68 USD per day
- From Bari to Catania - 183 offers from 19.68 USD per day
Top ways to enter Bari
- Bari Airport: Mostly active during summers, Bari Airport serves flights to and from destinations all across Europe, as well as in Turkey and Egypt.
- Brindisi Airport: Just 115 km (71 mi) down the coast, Brindisi Airport is served by more than 10 airports.
- By sea: If you’re arriving by boat from another destination in Italy, or from Montenegro, Albania, or Croatia, you can conveniently pick up a rental car at Bari Airport.
Useful city facts
- Bari is the capital of Apulia, a region inhabited by about 4,000,000 people.
- The city is made up of 9 quarters.
- Bari has warm Mediterranean climate. Even in winter, the air temperature rarely drops below 10 °C ( 50 °F). The summers are dry and hot, with temperature often exceeding 30 °C (85 °F), so getting properly hydrated is important.
Top destinations and activities
- Basilica of Saint Nicholas (Basilica di San Nicola). The beautiful church romanic church is perhaps the most well-known landmark of Bari, notable for cathedra of Bishop Elias.
- Old Bari. Bari Vecchia and its labyrinthine maze of narrow streets is a great place to explore by foot. Pay a visit to the Palazzo del Catapano palace.
- Fort of Saint Anthony. Located next to the old city walls, the impressive building Fortino Sant’Antonio nowadays serves as home of a beautiful art gallery.
Traffic and parking tips
- The speed limit in cities is 50 km/h, although in certain areas the speed limit may be reduced to 30 km/h.
- Main highways are limited to 130 km/h, non-major highways to 110 km/h, and local roads to 90 km/h. During the rain the limits are respectively lowered to 110 km/h, 100 km/h, and 80 km/h. The general speed limit is lowered to 50 km/h during heavy fog or other cases of bad visibility.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.00% for novice drivers. Being over the allowed limit can result in hefty fines and even imprisonment.
- The emergency number, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112.
There are numerous toll roads in Italy. The exact fee depends on the route of your choice and the type of a vehicle. See the official Italian toll road website for more information. Use the website’s toll road calculator to find out exactly how much you’ll have to pay for using the toll roads on your planned route.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Matera. The nearby city is a unique place to visit, in large part because of the caves and old churches that have been carved into rock.
- Polignano a Mare. About half an hour’s drive from Bari, Polignano a Mare is a place where you can first enjoy the beach and then have your meal on a clifftop restaurant.
- Brindisi. Nowadays best known as a part destination, Brindisi is surprisingly rich in terms of history and culture.
Most popular rental types and cars
Travelers most often pick the Fiat Panda, the Ford Fiesta, and the Fiat 500, while the most popular rental car types are economy, mini, and compact.
- Naples. This city of the ancient world is full of amazing traces of its history and full of life and modernity in equal parts. Being the birthplace of a pizza is an added bonus.
- Basilicata and Calabria. These two southern Italian regions are perhaps the least visited parts of Italy, but that only makes them a more interesting destination. Go for the nature, the people, and the unique cuisine.
- Sicily. Italy’s largest island should be visited for its cities like Palermo and Catania, endless subtropical beaches, and small inland villages. If you’re in Bari, it’s already practically next door.
Car Rental Prices in Bari
- Convertibles - from $413 per day
- Station wagons - from $30 per day
- Large cars - from $37 per day
- Medium cars - from $24 per day
- Premium cars - from $221 per day
- Small cars - from $19 per day
- SUVs - from $29 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
There are ways to get a great rental car deal in Bari. Here’s how you start:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Bari is the cheapest in February when renting a car is about 51% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 20 Cities near Bari
Rome Car Rentals from $8.11 per day354.9 km / 220.5 miles away
Milan Car Rentals from $9.47 per day818.6 km / 508.6 miles away
Naples Car Rentals from $10.80 per day209.3 km / 130.0 miles away
Pisa Car Rentals from $7.03 per day594.5 km / 369.4 miles away
Turin Car Rentals from $13.49 per day865.4 km / 537.8 miles away
Bologna Car Rentals from $8.44 per day584.6 km / 363.2 miles away
Venice Car Rentals from $11.57 per day602.4 km / 374.3 miles away
Florence Car Rentals from $11.25 per day543.9 km / 338.0 miles away
Lamezia Terme Car Rentals from $10.68 per day252.1 km / 156.7 miles away
Brindisi Car Rentals from $10.68 per day112.9 km / 70.2 miles away
Verona Car Rentals from $11.56 per day670.8 km / 416.8 miles away
Bergamo Car Rentals from $7.43 per day760.8 km / 472.7 miles away
Genoa Car Rentals from $12.37 per day741.9 km / 461.0 miles away
Reggio di Calabria Car Rentals from $9.84 per day354.0 km / 220.0 miles away
Pescara Car Rentals from $8.44 per day257.9 km / 160.3 miles away
Padua Car Rentals from $13.74 per day618.4 km / 384.2 miles away
Trieste Car Rentals from $8.59 per day585.0 km / 363.5 miles away
Bolzano Car Rentals from $12.67 per day734.9 km / 456.6 miles away
Lecce Car Rentals from $19.92 per day147.4 km / 91.6 miles away
Treviso Car Rentals from $14.99 per day622.5 km / 386.8 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Bari
Downtown Car Rentals from $16.20 per day
Bari Airport Car Rentals from $8.90 per day10.4 km / 6.5 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $25.22 per day72.4 km / 45.0 miles away
Brindisi Airport Car Rentals from $10.68 per day102.6 km / 63.7 miles away
Lecce Train Station Car Rentals from $19.92 per day137.3 km / 85.3 miles away
Torre Melissa Śródmieście Car Rentals from $17.94 per day200.9 km / 124.9 miles away
Naples Airport Car Rentals from $10.80 per day218.5 km / 135.8 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $11.57 per day220.0 km / 136.7 miles away
Crotone Airport Car Rentals from $12.38 per day234.8 km / 145.9 miles away
Lamezia Terme Airport Car Rentals from $10.68 per day250.3 km / 155.5 miles away
Car Rentals from $8.44 per day268.1 km / 166.6 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $15.09 per day284.5 km / 176.8 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $14.56 per day303.7 km / 188.7 miles away
Reggio di Calabria Airport Car Rentals from $9.84 per day353.1 km / 219.4 miles away
Rome Airport Ciampino Car Rentals from $8.11 per day365.2 km / 226.9 miles away
Rome Tiburtina Train station Car Rentals from $10.93 per day373.2 km / 231.9 miles away
Rome Termini Train Station Car Rentals from $10.90 per day374.9 km / 232.9 miles away
Rome Airport Fiumicino Car Rentals from $8.68 per day393.4 km / 244.5 miles away
Ancona Airport Car Rentals from $9.00 per day401.9 km / 249.7 miles away
Perugia Airport Car Rentals from $15.47 per day422.8 km / 262.7 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Bari?
What’s the usual rental length in Bari?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Bari?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Sicily By Car||Ford Fiesta||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|JoyRent||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Fiat 500 L||5||1||Medium cars|
|JoyRent||Fiat Tipo||5||2||Medium cars|
|Sicily By Car||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Fiat Panda||5||2||Small cars|
|Keddy||Smart For Four||4||1||Small cars|
|Ecovia||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 21 Suppliers in Bari in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.5 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email