Car Rental in Pescara
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Pescara?
Pescara is a great city to visit. Famous for its beautiful beaches and fun nightlife, the city also boasts large green spaces dotted with historical villas. With a rental car, you can see Pescara first, then explore the rest of the Abruzzo region, an underappreciated tourist destination with impressive nature, historical cities, and unique cuisine.
One-Way Car Rentals in Pescara
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Pescara and drop off in another city include:
- From Pescara to Rome - 132 offers from US$ 19.37 per day
- From Pescara to Lamezia Terme - 125 offers from US$ 19.37 per day
- From Pescara to Bologna - 136 offers from US$ 19.37 per day
Top ways to enter Pescara
- Pescara Airport: Also known simply as Abruzzo Airport, it served 667 thousand visitors in 2018. Small and cozy, the airport is a hub for the low-cost carrier Ryanair which provides flights to and from ten different European countries. It is also served by Alitalia and Volotea. Located just 6km (3.7 miles) southwest of Pescara city center, the airport can be reached in about ten minutes.
- Marche Airport: Located near the city of Ancona and also known as Marche-Raffaello Sanzio, this small airport is the main aviation hub of the neighboring region of Marche. As of October 2019, the airport is served by five different airlines which offer flights to and from Albania, Germany, the United Kingdom, and Belgium as well as a number of domestic flights. Located 168km (104 miles) north of Pescara, Marche Airport can be reached in about 1 hour and 45 minutes with most of the road going right along the Adriatic coast.
- Perugia Airport: Also known as San Francesco d'Assisi Airport and Sant’Egidio Airport, it serves Perugia, the capital city of the Umbria region. As of October 2019, the airport is served by four airlines and has regular flights to and from Milan, London, Rotterdam, Tirana, Catania, and Malta. Located 240km (149 miles) northwest of Pescara, Perugia Airport can be reached in about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Naples Airport: Serving Italy’s third-largest city, Naples-Capodichino Airport handled 9.9 million travelers in 2018. The airport is a large hub for low-cost airlines easyJet, Ryanair, and Volotea and is also served by some 20 other airlines. Located 240km (149 miles) southwest of Pescara, Naples Airport can be reached in about three hours.
- Rome Fiumicino Airport: The main airport serving the Italian capital is also known as Leonardo da Vinci Airport. In 2018, it handled 43 million travelers, making it the busiest airport in Italy and the ninth-busiest in the European Union. In addition to countless flights to destinations in Europe, the airport also provides air connections with Africa, the Middle East, East Asia, and the Americas. Located 240km (149 miles) west of Pescara, Leonardo da Vinci Airport can be reached in just 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Useful city facts
- Pescara has a Mediterranean climate with subtropical influences. The city enjoys hot summers that are more humid than in many other cities in the Mediterranean basin and mild, but breezy winters. The average high temperature is 29°C (84°F) in July and August, the warmest months, and 11°C (52°F) in January, the coldest. Precipitation is the highest from October to December.
- Although located on the Adriatic coast, Pescara is very close to a number of mountain ranges. With a rental car, you can get very close to peaks like the Corno Grande (which at nearly 3,000 m (9,850 ft) is the highest peak in the Apennines) and ski resorts like Passolanciano-Maielletta in 90 minutes or less.
- Inhabited since the Neolithic era, Pescara was already an important port and trading center before Roman times. For a long time, the city was known as Aternum. Later destroyed a number of times, the city was always rebuilt and was ruled by many powers including the Byzantine Empire, the Kingdom of Naples, the Moors and the Normans. Later part of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, the city joined unified Italy in 1860. The diverse influences of the city’s earlier rulers can still be observed in its eclectic architecture, cuisine, and traditions.
Top destinations and activities
- Beaches. Located on the coast of the Adriatic Sea, Pescara is a great beach destination. There’s plenty to choose from, too, as there are many beaches right in the city and even nicer ones nearby, like in the village of Montesilvano just north of Pescara and in Francavilla to the south. If you’re still not satisfied, with a rental car, you can easily travel up or down the coast to find the perfect spot.
- Pescara Cathedral. Also known as San Cetteo Cathedral after the patron saint of Pescara, it is the most famous church in Pescara. Pescara Cathedral was built in the 1920s and 1930s at the site of an older medieval cathedral that had fallen into disrepair and needed to be torn down. Nowadays, the romanesque church is the seat of the local archbishop and is also a popular tourist site.
- The city center. Once home to the fortified town of Piazzaforte, the historic city center is home to most of the landmarks of Pescara. These include Bagno Borbonico (an old prison of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies), the house in which the famous Italian poet Gabriele D’Annunzio was born, and the Museum of the Abruzzi People dedicated to the millennia-long history of human settlement of Pescara and the surrounding region.
Traffic and parking tips
- The speed limit in cities is 50 km/h, although in certain areas the speed limit may be reduced to 30 km/h.
- Main highways are limited to 130 km/h, non-major highways to 110 km/h, and local roads to 90 km/h. During the rain, the limits are respectively lowered to 110 km/h, 100 km/h, and 80 km/h. The general speed limit is lowered to 50 km/h during heavy fog or other cases of bad visibility.
- Proof of insurance and the car’s documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- When driving, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.00% for novice drivers. Being over the allowed limit can result in hefty fines and even imprisonment.
- The emergency number, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112.
There are numerous toll roads in Italy. The exact toll depends on your choice of route and type of vehicle. See the official Italian toll road website for more information. Use the website’s toll calculator to find out exactly how much you’ll have to pay for using the toll roads on your planned route.
Ideas for a day-trip
- L'Aquila. Located in a picturesque valley and surrounded by high mountains, the small capital of the Abruzzo region has its fair share of attractions. Travelers like to visit the impressive Spanish Fort (or Forte Spagnolo), L’Aquila Cathedral, and the Santa Giusta gothic church. L’Aquila is also near a few nice ski resorts, the most famous of which is Gran Sasso d’Italia. Located 100km (62 miles) west of Pescara, the city can be reached in about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Rome. With a blend of a mighty history and an exciting present, the eternal city is a destination like no other. There are more world-famous landmarks and attractions than it's possible to list, but visiting the Colosseum, St. Peter’s Basilica, and the Vatican City would be a highlight of any trip. The city can be explored for days, but if you want the first taste, at 210km (130 miles) west of Pescara it can be reached in only two hours and thus can easily be visited as a day trip.
- The National Park of Abruzzo, Lazio, and Molise. Spanning three Italian regions and made up of impressive summits, rapid mountain rivers, and steep gorges, it is one of the most scenic national parks in Italy. Many visitors come here to canoe, hike, or boulder, while others simply enjoy being outdoors. The national park is home to diverse flora and fauna like the Marsican brown bear, the Italian wolf, the European wildcat, and the crested porcupine. The nearest corner of the park is some 115km (71 miles) west of Pescara and can be reached in 1 hour and 25 minutes.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car in Pescara is the Fiat 500, closely followed by the Ford Fiesta and the Fiat Panda. The most popular rental car types are economy, mini, and compact.
- Perugia. The capital of the Umbria region, Perugia has been somewhat flying under the radar when it comes to Italian tourist destinations. But that shouldn’t hold you back since this university city has plenty to offer from the stunning Palazzo dei Priori building to Rocca Paolina fortress and ancient Etruscan and Roman sites. The city also claims to produce the best chocolate in the country. Located 250km (155 miles) northwest of Pescara, Perugia takes three hours to reach by car.
- Naples. The birthplace of pizza, the location of the largest historic center in Europe, and the gateway to some of the most beautiful beaches in Italy like those on Capri or the Amalfi Coast, the capital of Campania region is not short of tempting attractions. The world-famous ancient sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum, destroyed at the eruption of Pompeii nearly 2,000 years ago, are also right around the corner. Located 245km (152 miles) southwest of Pescara, Naples can be reached in about 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- Marche. The region of Marche is sometimes overlooked as a tourist destination, but that can work in its favor. Less crowded with visitors, and with nature that’s less dramatic and more serene than in the surrounding regions, it is a calm and idyllic holiday region to be enjoyed at a slower pace. The capital city, Ancona, is 160km (99 miles) north of Pescara and can be reached in about three hours with most of the road taking you right along the Adriatic coast.
Car Rental Prices in Pescara
- Station wagons - from $190 per day
- Large cars - from $186 per day
- Medium cars - from $153 per day
- Vans - from $438 per day
- Premium cars - from $347 per day
- Small cars - from $119 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
Getting a cheap rental car in Italy is easier if you follow these tips:
- Compare the rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit during the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Pescara is the cheapest in May when renting a car is about 43% cheaper than the yearly average and a whole 59% cheaper than renting a car in September.
Top 19 Cities near Pescara
520.6 km / 323.5 miles away
Rome Car Rentals from $101.05 per day153.3 km / 95.2 miles away
Naples Car Rentals from $129.78 per day178.5 km / 110.9 miles away
Bari Car Rentals from $71.01 per day258.6 km / 160.7 miles away
283.2 km / 176.0 miles away
Bergamo Car Rentals from $103.65 per day509.0 km / 316.3 miles away
Bologna Car Rentals from $110.80 per day327.8 km / 203.7 miles away
Venice Car Rentals from $110.80 per day370.9 km / 230.5 miles away
Pisa Car Rentals from $73.29 per day337.8 km / 209.9 miles away
Verona Car Rentals from $65.98 per day420.0 km / 261.0 miles away
Brindisi Car Rentals from $71.01 per day370.7 km / 230.4 miles away
Turin Car Rentals from $61.20 per day601.2 km / 373.5 miles away
Lamezia Terme Car Rentals from $156.31 per day430.6 km / 267.6 miles away
Mestre Venice Car Rentals from $116.65 per day370.5 km / 230.2 miles away
Treviso Car Rentals from $69.01 per day388.4 km / 241.3 miles away
Genoa Car Rentals from $79.05 per day475.6 km / 295.5 miles away
Bolzano Car Rentals from $96.50 per day499.1 km / 310.1 miles away
Trieste Car Rentals from $50.96 per day354.9 km / 220.5 miles away
191.0 km / 118.7 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Pescara
Spoltore Case Zampetta Car Rentals from $120.47 per day3.6 km / 2.2 miles away
Pescara Airport Car Rentals from $62.18 per day4.5 km / 2.8 miles away
Chieti Train Station Car Rentals from $134.36 per day13.6 km / 8.4 miles away
Giulianova Via Galileo Galilei Car Rentals from $133.58 per day38.7 km / 24.1 miles away
Macerata San Giuseppe Car Rentals from $100.66 per day100.2 km / 62.2 miles away
Monte San Giusto San Giuseppe Car Rentals from $90.23 per day100.5 km / 62.4 miles away
Macerata Civitanova Marche Car Rentals from $40.67 per day100.9 km / 62.7 miles away
Cassino Cappella Morrone Car Rentals from $128.57 per day112.7 km / 70.0 miles away
Frosinone Ferentino Car Rentals from $51.21 per day116.6 km / 72.4 miles away
Frosinone Ceccano Car Rentals from $128.57 per day123.0 km / 76.4 miles away
San Severo San Bernardino Car Rentals from $47.66 per day130.5 km / 81.1 miles away
Ancona Port Car Rentals from $134.36 per day140.0 km / 87.0 miles away
Rome Prato Fiorito Car Rentals from $135.65 per day142.5 km / 88.5 miles away
Ancona Airport Car Rentals from $71.01 per day144.9 km / 90.0 miles away
Rome Prenestina Car Rentals from $108.47 per day147.3 km / 91.5 miles away
Rome Rebibbia Car Rentals from $133.53 per day147.5 km / 91.6 miles away
Rome Conca D'Oro Car Rentals from $129.36 per day148.5 km / 92.3 miles away
Rome Camporomano Car Rentals from $108.47 per day149.8 km / 93.1 miles away
Rome Centocelle Car Rentals from $15.03 per day150.4 km / 93.5 miles away
Rome Via Dei Prati Fiscali Car Rentals from $133.53 per day150.6 km / 93.6 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Pescara?
What’s the usual rental length in Pescara?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Pescara?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Sicily By Car||Opel Karl||4||2||Small cars|
|Viaggiare||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Viaggiare||Fiat Panda||5||2||Small cars|
|Leasys||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Locauto||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Viaggiare||Fiat 500L||5||2||Large cars|
|Sicily By Car||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
|Viaggiare||Fiat Punto||5||2||Medium cars|
|Alamo||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|Locauto||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.