Car Rental at Calgary Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of the province of Alberta, Calgary is one of the most interesting cities in Canada. A modern metropolis, it is a hub of culture and entertainment, but also offers easy access to some of Canada’s most majestic scenic destinations. With that in mind, here are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Calgary:
- Glenbow Museum. One of the most impressive museums in all of Canada, the Glenbow is a mecca for lovers of art, history, and anthropology. Mainly focused on the history of Alberta, the museum offers interesting collections dedicated to such varied subjects as indigenous Canada, the arrival of Europeans, the military, the mounted police, and more.
- Telus Spark. Another fascinating museum in Calgary, Telus Spark is dedicated to science, innovation, and discovery. With a special focus on the audiences of children and young adults, many of the museum’s exhibitions are interactive and digital. Sections of the museum include the Being Human area, Creative Kids Museum, and HD Digital Dome Theater. The museum is in the northeastern part of Calgary near Tom Campbell’s Hill Natural Park and the Calgary Zoo.
- Stampede Park. The Calgary Stampede is one of the main reasons why many people visit the city. Taking place every July, this self-styled ‘Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth’ is a ten-day celebration filled with rodeos, shows, and concerts, which attracts more than one million visitors every year. However, even if your visit to the city doesn’t coincide with the Stampede, you can still catch a glimpse of its magic by visiting Stampede Park which is home to the Boyce Theater and other venues and hosts frequent events throughout the year.
- Chinese Cultural Center. Perhaps the largest of its kind in North America, the Chinese Cultural Center is located in and the representation of Calgary’s own Chinatown. Having celebrated its 30th birthday in 2022, the center provides a home to the fascinating Chinese Artifacts Museum and also frequently hosts various cultural events and performances.
- Banff. The most famous national park in Canada, Banff is one of the main reasons why people travel to Calgary. Made up of awe-inspiring mountains, glaciers, alpine lakes, and forests, this is the Canada of postcards and tourism ads. The national park is famous for its winter sports opportunities but is equally nice to visit during the summer months when it becomes a prime destination for trekking, climbing, and kayaking. The southern entrance of Banff near the town of Canmore is about 110 km (68 miles) west of Calgary and can be reached in just over an hour by car.
Top international routes
- Montego Bay
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Vancouver (990 km / 615 mi). It’s a long drive to the largest city of the neighboring British Columbia province, but the trip is very much worth it. One of the best places to live in North America according to many surveys, Vancouver is also a fascinating city full of cultural things to see and outdoor activities to try.
- Edmonton (288 km / 179 mi). The capital of the Alberta province (in which Calgary is also located), Edmonton is the northernmost large city of Canada. Although mainly known as a center of the oil industry, it also has plenty for a tourist to enjoy like the Art Gallery of Alberta and TELUS World of Science Museum.
- Saskatoon (579 km / 360 mi). The largest city of Saskatchewan province, Saskatoon is flying under the radar of most visitors of Canada. Those who do venture to the city in the Canadian prairies are rewarded with unique little museums and beautiful walks of the Meewasin Trail that runs along the city of the same name.
- Seattle (1,147 km / 713 mi). The largest city in the state of Washington, Seattle is the home of Jimi Hendrix, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and many other world-famous bands and musicians. This legacy and the creative spirit of the city continues to live on in its museums, cultural centers, and performance venues. To travel from Canada to the United States, you’ll have to cross an international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Winnipeg (1,333 km / 828 mi). Often called the cultural capital of the Prairies, Winnipeg is one of the most sophisticated cities in Canada. It is home to the Winnipeg Art Gallery, Graffiti Gallery, and Urban Shaman Contemporary Aboriginal Art Center, as well as the Canadian Museum for Human Rights and the Airforce Heritage Museum.
- Lethbridge (224 km / 140 mi). The third most-populous city of Alberta, Lethbridge doesn’t have the same tourist pull as Calgary and Edmonton. What it lacks in size, however, it more than makes up for with small town hospitality, historic sites, a large Japanese garden, and proximity to Waterton Lakes National Park.
Calgary Airport (YYC)
- IATA: YYC
- ICAO: CYYC
- Name: Calgary Airport (YYC)
- Distance from city: 4.3 miles / 7 km
Top 20 Locations near Calgary Airport
Car Rental in Calgary (Downtown) from $96.72 per day8.7 km / 5.4 miles away
Car Rental at Edmonton Airport from $73.94 per day246.0 km / 152.9 miles away
Car Rental at Kelowna Airport from $88.07 per day399.8 km / 248.4 miles away
Car Rental at Kamloops Airport from $80.49 per day452.6 km / 281.2 miles away
Car Rental at Saskatoon Airport from $73.94 per day518.4 km / 322.1 miles away
Car Rental at Abbotsford International Airport from $85.34 per day638.5 km / 396.7 miles away
Car Rental at Regina International Airport from $88.07 per day661.7 km / 411.2 miles away
Car Rental at Prince George Airport from $98.23 per day661.8 km / 411.2 miles away
Car Rental in Vancouver (Downtown) from $66.89 per day678.0 km / 421.3 miles away
Car Rental at Vancouver Airport from $53.97 per day686.4 km / 426.5 miles away
Car Rental at Victoria International Airport from $87.12 per day727.0 km / 451.7 miles away
Car Rental at Comox Valley Airport from $130.26 per day784.9 km / 487.7 miles away
Car Rental at Winnipeg Airport from $71.71 per day1191.4 km / 740.3 miles away
Car Rental at Thunder Bay International Airport from $115.71 per day1791.8 km / 1113.4 miles away
Car Rental at Windsor International Airport from $78.51 per day2541.1 km / 1579.0 miles away
Car Rental at Toronto Airport from $32.41 per day2689.2 km / 1671.0 miles away
2696.5 km / 1675.5 miles away
Car Rental in Toronto (Downtown) from $192.76 per day2704.6 km / 1680.6 miles away
Car Rental at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport from $60.10 per day2708.3 km / 1682.9 miles away
Car Rental at Ottawa Airport from $73.94 per day2878.6 km / 1788.7 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Calgary Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Calgary Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Calgary Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Routes Car Rental, Zoom Rent A Car, Avis, Dollar, Thrifty|
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Large cars, Medium cars, Vans|
|Lowest price||$71 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Zoom Rent A Car|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Routes Car Rental||Nissan Rogue||5||3||SUVs|
|Routes Car Rental||Toyota Corolla||4||1||Large cars|
|Routes Car Rental||Jeep Wrangler||4||2||SUVs|
|Routes Car Rental||Dodge Durango||5||3||SUVs|
|Zoom Rent A Car||Mazda 2||4||1||Medium cars|
|Avis||Hyundai Elantra||4||2||Large cars|
|Routes Car Rental||Dodge Grand Caravan||4||2||Vans|
|Dollar||Toyota Corolla||4||1||Large cars|
|Zoom Rent A Car||Hyundai Elantra||4||2||Large cars|
|Zoom Rent A Car||Honda CR-V||4||2||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.