Car Rental at Edmonton Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Formerly known as the Gateway to the North and now as the Portal to the World, Edmonton is northern Alberta’s largest city and Edmonton Airport is its main gateway. With more than a million people residing in its metro area, the city is lively and vibrant. It has great historic parks and opportunities to experience life outdoors.
The real draw of the city is that it is a gateway to Alberta as a whole. From it, you can easily reach the Rocky Mountains including Jasper National Park. It is also the beginning of the main route to the Northwest Territories. Noone of these places is possible to visit without a rental car, though.
Luckily, the airport is the perfect place to pick up a rental car. There are companies that are located at the airport and other, low-cost companies that are located a short shuttle ride away. This makes Edmonton Airport the perfect place to being a road trip through Alberta and the rest of northern Canada.
Top international routes
- Las Vegas, NV
- Seattle, WA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Minneapolis, MN
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Denver, Colorado
- Houston, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- Cancun, Mexico
- Palm Springs, CA
Other airlines include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Delta, Iceland Air, KLM, and United Airlines.
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $225 per day
- Medium cars - from $279 per day
- Vans - from $296 per day
- Premium cars - from $175 per day
- Small cars - from $258 per day
- SUVs - from $330 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
There is a Renaissance Hotel on the grounds of the airport that is directly connected to the check-in area of the terminal. Other hotels at lower price points can be found a short drive away from the airport. Many of them offer free shuttle service, too.
The gates for U.S.-bound flights are separate from the rest of the terminal. The selection of facilities such as restaurants in this area is more limited. There is a duty-free shop on the way to the gates, though. There is also a currency exchange booth.
The airport has three lounges. One is an Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge. The others are Plaza Premium Lounges, one in the main part of the terminal and the other in the area of the US gates.
Nearest gas station
If you have a Costco membership, you can fill up at the Costco located right off of Airport Road just after you pass highway 2. As usual, Costco has lower prices for gas than nearby stations.
Popular one-way rentals
- Calgary (300 km / 186 mi). The site of the 1988 Winter Olympics and the largest city in Alberta, Calgary is a great travel destination. Some of the city’s most famous landmarks include the Calgary Tower, Stampede Trail, Glenbow Museum, and Calgary Chinatown. Calgary can also be a great base from where to access some of Alberta’s most impressive nature areas.
- Saskatoon (525 km / 326 mi). The largest city of neighboring Saskatchewan, Saskatoon might not have the same amount of attractions as Edmonton, Vancouver, and Toronto, but can nonetheless be a lovely place to visit. Travelers love the Prairie Wind installation, Western Development Museum, and the scenic Meewasin Trail.
- Vancouver (1,160 km / 720 mi). A long trip away, but endlessly appealing, Canada’s third city is an awesome place to visit. Thousands travel to Vancouver every year to see the Vancouver Art Gallery and Museum of Anthropology, experience the atmosphere of a home game of Canucks, the local ice hockey team, or enjoy the view from the top of the Grouse Mountain.
- Grand Prairie (458 km / 284 mi). Even further north than Edmonton, Grand Prairie is a small, but interesting Albertan city. Art lovers enjoy visiting the Art Gallery of Grand Prairie, and Grant Berg Gallery while history enthusiasts can’t get enough of the Grand Prairie Museum & Heritage Village and Phillip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum.
- Banff (414 km / 257 mi). Located in the Canadian Rocky Mountains and surrounded by the natural park of the same name, Banff is a winter sports and outdoor paradise. From snowboarding and skiing in winter to water sliding in summer and taking a gondola to the mountaintop, Banff has something for everyone to enjoy.
- Winnipeg (1,305 km / 811 mi). The hometown of Neil Young, Manitoba's capital is a lively and culturally diverse place. Some of its attractions include the Winnipeg Art Gallery, the unique Graffiti Museum, Urban Shaman Contemporary Aboriginal Art Center, and the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. Winnipeg is also near the Grand Beach Provincial Park on the banks of Lake Winnipeg.
Edmonton Airport (YEG)
- IATA: YEG
- ICAO: CYEG
- Name: Edmonton Airport (YEG)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 139,086
- Passengers (per year): 7,523,864
- Distance from City: 5 miles / 8 km SSW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +1 (780) 890-8900
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 20 Locations near Edmonton Airport
Car Rental at Calgary Airport from $82.45 per day273.2 km / 169.8 miles away
Car Rental at Fort McMurray International Airport from $97.48 per day374.1 km / 232.4 miles away
Car Rental at Grande Prairie Airport from $53.42 per day393.3 km / 244.4 miles away
Car Rental at Canadian Rockies International Airport from $38.16 per day465.6 km / 289.3 miles away
Car Rental at Saskatoon Airport from $128.84 per day481.0 km / 298.9 miles away
Car Rental at Kelowna Airport from $235.30 per day568.7 km / 353.3 miles away
Car Rental at Kamloops Airport from $232.46 per day570.0 km / 354.2 miles away
Car Rental at Prince George Airport from $264.94 per day605.1 km / 376.0 miles away
Car Rental at Regina International Airport from $67.47 per day696.1 km / 432.6 miles away
Car Rental at Chilliwack Airport from $237.23 per day762.7 km / 473.9 miles away
Car Rental at Abbotsford International Airport from $179.61 per day794.9 km / 493.9 miles away
Car Rental in Vancouver South from $204.25 per day821.5 km / 510.5 miles away
Car Rental at Vancouver Airport from $113.50 per day827.8 km / 514.4 miles away
Car Rental at Nanaimo Airport from $142.17 per day876.4 km / 544.6 miles away
Car Rental at Victoria International Airport from $136.97 per day880.9 km / 547.3 miles away
Car Rental at Comox Valley Airport from $198.44 per day893.4 km / 555.1 miles away
Car Rental at Victoria Burnside from $136.97 per day893.5 km / 555.2 miles away
Car Rental at Port Hardy Airport from $143.77 per day997.7 km / 619.9 miles away
Car Rental at Winnipeg Airport from $128.84 per day1187.1 km / 737.6 miles away
Car Rental at Thunder Bay International Airport from $44.46 per day1777.7 km / 1104.6 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Edmonton Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Edmonton Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Edmonton Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Toyota Corolla||4||1||Large cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Nissan Rogue||5||3||SUVs|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Jeep Wrangler||4||2||SUVs|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Dodge Durango||5||3||SUVs|
|Alamo||Hyundai Elantra||4||2||Large cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Honda Civic||4||3||Large cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.