Car Rental in Canada
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Canada?
Canada is a great country to visit by car. The road network is in great shape, and, considering the length of the distances, having your own ride is the best way to see more than just one part of the country during your trip.
One-way Car Rentals in Canada
Here are the most popular one-way rental options for pickup in Canada and drop off in another country:
- From Canada to Illinois - 67 offers from € 70.69 per day
- From Canada to Pennsylvania - 18 offers from € 76.76 per day
- From Canada to Washington - 34 offers from € 64.27 per day
- From Canada to Massachusetts - 12 offers from € 76.76 per day
- From Canada to Ohio - 18 offers from € 73.36 per day
Top ways to enter Canada
- Vancouver Airport: The main airport of British Columbia, Vancouver Airport offers access to Western Canada and Northwestern United States, and offers great connections not only to the Americas but also to destinations in Europe and East Asia.
- Toronto Airport: Canada’s largest airport serves its most populous city and much of Canada’s East, and serves flights to and from countless destinations in all parts of the world.
- Calgary Airport: Serving as the main access point to the picturesque province of Alberta, Calgary Airport is served by more than 30 airlines and offers flights to and from not only the rest of Canada and the USA, but also countries like Mexico, Germany, the Netherlands, China, and others.
- By land: If your rental car provider permits it, it’s possible to rent a car in a neighboring country and then drive to Canada. Some large international airports near Canada are Seattle Airport in Washington, USA, Minneapolis-Saint Paul Airport in Minnesota, USA, and Detroit Airport in Michigan, USA.
Top cities and places to visit
- British Columbia: B.C., as it is called by locals, is home of the city of Vancouver, often voted one of the most livable cities on planet, but the province’s real attraction is its natural beauty.
- Alberta: Paradise for winter sports enthusiasts, Alberta is home to the Banff and Jasper national parks, as well as the city of Calgary, nowadays a great culture and music hub.
- Montreal: Capital of French-speaking Quebec province, Montreal has lots to offer in terms of its cuisine, culture, and history, as well as its distinct atmosphere.
- Toronto: Huge and busy, yet surprisingly accessible and cozy, Toronto charms visitors with its many distinct and unique neighborhoods, as well as landmarks like the CN Tower.
- Yukon and the rest of Northern Canada: Although much harder to access than the rest of the country, Northern Canada is a very rewarding travel destination as a place of endless natural beauty and wilderness. Whitehorse Airport in the capital and the largest city of Yukon, is perhaps the best entry point. Yellowknife Airport, located in the Northwest Territories, is another entry point.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Canada is the Kia Rio, but the Jeep Wrangler and the Nissan Rogue are also often picked by travelers.
The only neighboring country of Canada is the United States of America, both to the entirety of the country’s South, as well as to northwest (the state of Alaska). USA has a different visa policy than Canada, and, depending on your citizenship, you may or may not need a visa to enter it. We strongly advise you getting in touch with your Ministry of Foreign Affairs in advance to find out whether you need a visa to visit the USA.
Some car rental providers allow you to cross national borders and even drop off your car in a different country, while others don’t. If you’d like to cross a national border during your rental period, make sure to check the terms and conditions before booking a car. Learn more about cross-border rentals in our FAQ section.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in Canada is an Economy, but Fullsize and Intermediate are also frequently chosen.
Top driving routes
- Vancouver - Seattle (229 km / 142 mi) Seattle and the Pacific Northwest of USA is just a short and pleasant drive away from Vancouver. Note that you’ll have to cross a national border, so check with your rental car provider first to make sure they allow it.
- Calgary - Edmonton (299 km / 186 mi) The two big cities of Alberta are just three hours drive apart, with lots of scenic nature in between.
- Toronto - Montreal (547 km / 340 mi) Thanks to great road conditions, the route between Canada’s two largest cities can be done in under six hours, and you’ll be going along the Lake Ontario coast for a large part of it.
Car Rental Prices
- Convertibles - from $88 per day
- Large cars - from $55 per day
- Medium cars - from $50 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $75 per day
- Premium cars - from $69 per day
- Small cars - from $48 per day
- SUVs - from $67 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Canada:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Canada is the cheapest in February when renting a car is almost 40% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 20 Most Popular Cities in Canada
Car Rental in Vancouver from $17.95 per day
Car Rental in Montreal from $42.66 per day
Car Rental in Calgary from $35.97 per day
Car Rental in Ottawa from $27.43 per day
Car Rental in Abbotsford from $43.12 per day
Car Rental in Edmonton from $14.56 per day
Car Rental in Surrey from $11.64 per day
Car Rental in Winnipeg from $42.66 per day
Car Rental in Hamilton from $43.12 per day
Car Rental in Victoria from $42.66 per day
Car Rental in Windsor from $33.70 per day
Car Rental in London from $97.06 per day
Car Rental in Quebec City from $42.66 per day
Car Rental in St. John's from $68.71 per day
Car Rental in Regina from $96.26 per day
Car Rental in Saskatoon from $42.66 per day
Car Rental in Dieppe from $44.59 per day
Car Rental in North Vancouver from $43.91 per day
Top 20 Most Popular Locations in Canada
Car Rental at Toronto Airport from $17.15 per day
Car Rental at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport from $113.69 per day
Car Rental at Vancouver Airport from $17.95 per day
Car Rental at Montreal Airport from $42.66 per day
Car Rental at Calgary Airport from $22.99 per day
Car Rental at Ottawa Airport from $19.99 per day
Car Rental at Abbotsford International Airport from $43.12 per day
Car Rental at Edmonton Airport from $14.56 per day
Car Rental at Winnipeg Airport from $42.66 per day
Car Rental at Hamilton Airport from $43.12 per day
Car Rental at Victoria International Airport from $42.66 per day
Car Rental at Windsor International Airport from $33.70 per day
Car Rental at London International Airport from $33.70 per day
Car Rental at Quebec City Airport from $42.66 per day
Car Rental at St. John's International Airport from $68.71 per day
Car Rental at Saskatoon Airport from $42.66 per day
Car Rental at Regina International Airport from $76.25 per day
Car Rental at Greater Moncton International Airport from $44.59 per day
Car Rental at Kingston Airport from $30.72 per day
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Canada?
What’s the average rental length in Canada?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Canada?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Toyota Corolla Sedan||4||2||Large cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Nissan Rogue||5||3||SUVs|
|Surprice||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Kia Rio||4||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Medium cars|
|Economy rent a car||Honda Civic||4||3||Medium cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Toyota Yaris Advance||4||2||Medium cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Dodge Durango||5||3||SUVs|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Jeep Wrangler||4||2||SUVs|