Car Rental Ottawa Airport (YOW)
500+ Trusted Providers:
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
The above prices are only approximate and were last updated at 02:00 on 2019-12-30. Prices may vary based on the booking dates, length of rental, and car class.
Average car rental length
Economy car rental price
$33.58 / per day
Speed limit out of town
60 - 100 km/h
37 - 62 mi/h
Speed limit within town
30 - 80 km/h
19 - 50 mi/h
Acceptable limit of BAC
Airport Car Rental
Ottawa Airport is also known as Macdonald–Cartier International Airport or L'aéroport international Macdonald-Cartier.
Top international routes
- New York City
Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Porter Airlines, WestJet, Sunwing Airlines, and Air Transat
Ottawa Airport has a single passenger terminal building on three levels, which serves all domestic and international flights.
Ottawa Airport is about 10 km (6.2 mi) south of the city center. Routes 79, 417, and 83 are the main roads connecting the airport to the city.
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $49 per day
- Medium cars - from $40 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $75 per day
- Premium cars - from $57 per day
- Small cars - from $38 per day
- SUVs - from $60 per day
Top car rental companies
- Alamo (Tel: +16137377264)
- National (Tel: 6137377023)
- NuCarrentals (Tel: 6135233003)
- Europcar (Tel: +16136679394)
- Routes Car & Truck Rentals (Tel: +16135233003)
- NuCarrentals (Tel: +16135233003 / +16138221639)
- Ace Rent a car (Tel: 6136679394 / 6136679397)
Car rental desks
Most, although not all, are on level 1 of the car park right next to the airport.
Services and facilities
You’ll find quite a lot of shops, most of them in the departures area on level 2 where duty-free outlets are also located. There are also many cafés, snack bars, and restaurants, as well as ATMs, an on-site hotel, nursing rooms, a children’s play area, pet relief area, an observation deck, and an interfaith chapel. Luggage storage, located in the arrivals hall of level 1, is open 24/7. The airport is well equipped for travelers with reduced mobility. You can find more information on the airport's official website.
Nearest gas station
Petro-Canada at 690 Hunt Club Road can be reached in about six minutes and is open 24/7. There are many other gas stations near Ottawa Airport and on the way to the city.
Popular one-way rentals
- Toronto (440 km / 273 mi). The most populous city of Canada, Toronto is a hub of business, culture, and innovation. Travelers love its many museums like the Art Gallery of Toronto, the Royal Ontario Museum dedicated to the province of Toronto and Ottawa, and the Hockey Hall of Fame. Other landmarks include the CN Tower and the Toronto City Hall.
- New York City (708 km / 440 mi). The largest city of the neighboring United States, Big Apple is a destination like no other. There are more world-famous landmarks than it’s possible to mention, but visiting the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, and Times Square should be on every traveler’s agenda. To go from Canada to the USA, you’ll need to cross the international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it. Also, make sure you don’t need a visa to visit the USA.
- Montreal (196 km / 122 mi). The largest city of the neighboring Quebec Province and also the largest French-speaking city in the Americas, Montreal is a classy and sophisticated destination. Full of museums, well-preserved architecture, and performance venues, it has enough attractions to keep you entertained for days.
- Detroit (794 km / 493 mi). The largest city of the US state of Michigan has been through ups and downs, but during the last decade has started to reinvent itself. There are many things for a traveler to enjoy here, from historic city areas to museums dedicated to Detroit’s great industrial and musical past. As with New York, ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit you crossing the border with the USA.
- Halifax (1,444 km / 897 mi). Something of an unknown quantity to international travelers, the capital of Nova Scotia can be a great travel destination if you give it a chance. Landmarks include the Halifax Citadel, the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, and the city’s beautiful waterfront.
- Quebec City (456 km / 283 mi). The capital of Quebec Province, Quebec City is one of the most picturesque cities in Canada. The Citadel, the Palace of Justine, and Chateau Frontenac are some examples of its iconic architecture. If you're interested in Franco-Canadian culture, this is the right place to visit - in Quebec City, it remains even stronger than in Montreal.
Ottawa Airport (YOW)
- IATA: YOW
- ICAO: CYOW
- Airport name: Ottawa Airport (YOW)
- Airport type: Public / Civil
- Airport Size: Large Airport
- Elevation AMSL: 115 m / 377 ft
- Aircraft movements (per year): 153,347
- Passengers (per year): 4,743,091
- Distance from City: 6.2 miles / 10 km S of town
- Airport Hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: (613) 248-2000
Top 20 Locations near Ottawa Airport
Car Rental at Ottawa Downtown from $24.92 per day
Car Rental at Kingston Airport from $24.92 per day137.7 km / 85.5 miles away
Car Rental at Mont-Tremblant International Airport from $22.88 per day143.9 km / 89.4 miles away
Car Rental at Montreal Airport from $29.54 per day157.0 km / 97.6 miles away
Car Rental at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport from $39.68 per day344.8 km / 214.2 miles away
Car Rental at Toronto Airport from $12.19 per day357.6 km / 222.2 miles away
Car Rental at Quebec City Airport from $22.38 per day373.9 km / 232.4 miles away
Car Rental at Hamilton Airport from $39.68 per day409.5 km / 254.4 miles away
Car Rental at London International Airport from $24.92 per day499.8 km / 310.6 miles away
Car Rental at London Train Station from $71.64 per day509.5 km / 316.6 miles away
Car Rental at Sarnia Chris Hadfield Airport from $24.92 per day583.2 km / 362.4 miles away
Car Rental at Windsor International Airport from $24.92 per day669.6 km / 416.1 miles away
Car Rental at Saint John Airport from $33.01 per day769.6 km / 478.2 miles away
Car Rental at Dieppe, Greater Moncton International Airport from $33.01 per day862.7 km / 536.1 miles away
Car Rental at Thunder Bay International Airport from $39.68 per day1086.8 km / 675.3 miles away
Car Rental at Sydney Airport from $24.21 per day1219.5 km / 757.8 miles away
Car Rental at Gander International Airport from $63.85 per day1646.1 km / 1022.8 miles away
Car Rental at Winnipeg Airport from $33.01 per day1684.9 km / 1046.9 miles away
Car Rental at St. John's International Airport from $63.85 per day1772.7 km / 1101.5 miles away
Car Rental at Regina International Airport from $69.26 per day2216.7 km / 1377.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Ottawa Airport?
The cost of renting a car at Ottawa Airport depends on the time of year. This graph compares month-to-month price changes to help you find the best deal.
Average Rental Price at Ottawa Airport
The cheapest time of the year to rent a vehicle at Ottawa Airport is March when prices for an Economy class start from $21.34. You can see that this is 55% cheaper than the yearly average and 71% cheaper than renting a car in November (when rental prices start at $74.84 for a Compact class). Knowing this can help you find the best price. But remember that these are average numbers. The exact cost of your rental will depend on your rental length and on how far in advance you book the car. Enter your travel dates at the top of the page to see exact prices and offers!
What’s the most popular rental length at Ottawa Airport?
Travel length differs from one month to another: in December the average rental period is 28 days, while in October, the average rental period is only 5 days.
Average Rental Length at Ottawa Airport
Which is the busiest car rental month at Ottawa Airport?
Travelers are most likely to rent a car at Ottawa Airport in August, while the fewest number of travelers rent in September.
Ottawa Airport Car Rental Popularity by Monthly Searches
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Nissan Rogue||5||3||SUVs|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Toyota Corolla||4||1||Large cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Toyota Corolla Sedan||4||2||Large cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Kia Rio||4||1||Small cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Jeep Cherokee||4||3||SUVs|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Jeep Wrangler||4||2||SUVs|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Toyota Yaris Advance||4||2||Medium cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Honda Civic||4||3||Large cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Dodge Caravan||4||4||People Carriers/Vans|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Dodge Durango||5||3||SUVs|
Should I rent a car at Ottawa Airport (YOW)?
A majority of the ratings and reviews left by Discover Cars’ customers recommend renting a car (10.0 from 2 reviews).
What do you need to rent a car at Ottawa Airport (YOW)?
In most cases, you need a driver’s license, passport or ID card, and a credit card (in the name of the main driver), and the booking voucher to rent a car. Some companies may have additional requirements (be sure to check the rental conditions).
On what side of the road do they drive in Canada?
Drivers must drive on the right side of the road.
Can I rent a car at 18 in Canada?
No, you can not rent a car at the age of 18.
How old do you have to be to rent a car at Ottawa Airport (YOW)?
You must be between 25 and 99 years old.
Can you rent automatic cars at Ottawa Airport (YOW)?
Yes, automatic cars are available from Routes Car & Truck Rentals, Europcar, Alamo, National, Discount and Ace Rent a car at Ottawa Airport (YOW).
Can I rent a car with a debit card?
Though most companies require a credit card to leave a deposit, some accept debit cards. Check the rental conditions for more information.
Can I rent a car without a credit card?
Most companies require a credit card to pick up the car. Some may accept debit cards or cash. Check the rental conditions for more information.
What car classes can I rent?
Small cars, Medium cars, Large cars, SUVs, People Carriers/Vans and Premium cars vehicle types are available at Ottawa Airport (YOW).
Can I rent a car at Ottawa Airport (YOW) with my home country’s driver's license (for example, U.S., U.K., or Australia)?
In most cases, a driver’s license from your home country is acceptable if it uses the Latin alphabet. In some cases, you will need an International Driving Permit (IDP). Check the rental conditions for more information. If your driver’s license does not use the Latin alphabet, you need an International Driving Permit (IDP) at Ottawa Airport (YOW).
Do I need an International Driving Permit at Ottawa Airport (YOW)?
In most cases, if your driver’s license uses the Latin alphabet, you can rent a car in at Ottawa Airport (YOW) without an International Driving Permit (IDP). In some cases, you will need an International Driving Permit (IDP). Check the rental conditions for more information. If your driver’s license does not use the Latin alphabet, you need an International Driving Permit (IDP) at Ottawa Airport (YOW).
How much does an additional driver cost? Is there an option for a free additional driver?
No rental company at Ottawa Airport (YOW) offers a free additional driver.
How much does it cost to rent a car at Ottawa Airport (YOW)?
A rental car costs $53 per day, on average. The lowest daily price found in the past 48 hours was $20 at Routes Car & Truck Rentals.
How much is car rental for a week?
The average price for a weekly rental at Ottawa Airport (YOW) is $373. In the past 48 hours, the lowest price for a weekly rental at Ottawa Airport (YOW) was $141.
What car rental companies are located at Ottawa Airport (YOW)?
Routes Car & Truck Rentals, Europcar, Alamo, National, Discount and Ace Rent a car can be found at Ottawa Airport (YOW).
What is the best car rental company at Ottawa Airport (YOW)?
Ratings and reviews left by our users indicate that the best providers are NuCarrentals (8.4, 4 reviews) and Routes Car & Truck Rentals (8.2, 25 reviews).
Our Customers Reviews
United States of America (USA)
Toyota Yaris Advance
October 8, 2019
March 29, 2019
The Routes is off site of airport and so your rates are reflective of that. The staff are always more than willing to give me something better. My Jeep Wrangler was much appreciated during this weather in Ottawa. The staff extending my contract easily at the best online rate for me also is so much appreciated
Top 7 Suppliers for Ottawa Airport in 2020
1003 Airport Parkway Private, Ottawa, Ontario
1003 AIRPORT PARKWAY PRIVATE,
2644 LEITRIM RD.
1749 Bank St, Ottawa, ON K1V 7Z4
2644 Leitrim Rd. Ottawa, K1T3V3
+16135233003 / +16138221639
2644 Leitrim Road, Ottawa
Ace Rent a car
6136679394 / 6136679397
1749 Bank Street
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email
The benefits of signing up
We hate spam as much as you do! Sign up for our newsletter and all you get is our newsletter—weekly benefits delivered to your inbox: special booking prices, useful tips, city and country guides, and more.
Thanks for signing up!