Car Rental in Naples
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Naples?
Naples is a great place to visit by car. Having your own ride will not only let you explore this surprisingly large city, but also travel to nearby Pompeii, beaches, and further destinations.
One-Way Car Rentals in Naples
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Naples and drop off in another city include:
- From Naples to Bari - 125 offers from $18.88 per day
- From Naples to Rome - 119 offers from $18.88 per day
- From Naples to Milan - 202 offers from $22.33 per day
- From Naples to Brindisi - 119 offers from $22.33 per day
- From Naples to Genoa - 83 offers from $18.88 per day
Top ways to enter Naples
- Naples Airport: Popular with airlines like Ryanair, Volotea, easyJet, and many others, Naples Airport is well-connected to many destinations in Europe, as well as North Africa and the Middle East.
- Rome Fiumicino Airport: Named after Leonardo Da Vinci and busiest in Italy, Rome Fiumicino Airport serves flights to destinations in all continents of the world. From here, Naples is just 225 km (140 mi) away.
- Rome Ciampino Airport: The smaller of the two Rome airports, Ciampino is connected to many destinations both in Western and Eastern Europe.
- First settled by Greeks more than 3000 years ago and modern capital of Campania Region, Naples has a metropolitan population of more than 3,000,000 people.
- Naples is warm and more humid than many other Mediterranean coastal cities. Winters are mild, while summer temperatures often exceed 30 °C (86 °F).
Top destinations and activities
- San Francesco di Paola. Perhaps the most famous church of Naples, the Royal Palace is located in Piazza del Plebiscito, the city’s main square and beating heart.
- Royal Palace (Palazzo Reale). Built for Bourbon Kings during their rule of the Kingdom of Two Sicilies in the 17th Century, the old palace is another important historic and architectural landmark.
- Cuisine. Not only the birthplace, but arguably the world capital of pizza, Naples has endless varieties of it that you won’t find anywhere. Its seafood, cheese, are wine is just as good.
- National Archaeological Museum. One of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in Europe, Naples has seen the rise and fall of many classical civilizations. Visiting sites like Pompeii is a special experience, but the place to get the most comprehensive insight into the city’s fascinating past is no doubt the Museo Archeologico. Located in a beautiful 16th-century building, the museum has thousands of unique artifacts.
Traffic and parking
The speed limit in cities is 50 km/h, although in certain areas the speed limit may be reduced to 30 km/h.
Main highways are limited to 130 km/h, non-major highways to 110 km/h, and local roads to 90 km/h. During the rain the limits are respectively lowered to 110 km/h, 100 km/h, and 80 km/h. The general speed limit is lowered to 50 km/h during heavy fog or other cases of bad visibility.
The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.00% for novice drivers. Being over the allowed limit can result in hefty fines and even imprisonment.
The emergency number, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112.
There are numerous toll roads in Italy. The exact fee depends on the route of your choice and the type of a vehicle. See the official Italian toll road website for more information. Use the website’s toll road calculator to find out exactly how much you’ll have to pay for using the toll roads on your planned route.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Pompeii. The ancient city that was ruined by nearby Mt. Vesuvius looks practically the same as it did 2000 years ago, and is the one place where you can truly see how the Romans lived.
- Amalfi Coast. Picturesque and relaxed, the Amalfi Coast is often considered one of the top destinations in Italy (and indeed, Europe). It is only a tad more than an hour’s drive from Naples, so it is even possible to live in the city and come visit here every day.
- Capri. Located in the Bay of Naples, the famous island is just 5 km (3.1 mi) from the mainland. Easily reached, it is admired not only for its beaches and nature, but also its impressive history.
- Herculaneum. Located about halfway between the center of Naples and Pompeii, is the Herculaneum, a classical Roman city that was destroyed in the same 79 AD volcanic eruption as its more famous neighbor. The ancient ruins, baths, and temples are fascinating to explore. Make sure to not miss out on fascinating works of art like the Mosaic of Neptune and Amphitrite, either.
Most popular cars
The most popular rental cars in Italy are the Fiat Panda, the Ford Fiesta, and the Fiat 500. The most often picked rental car types are economy, mini, and compact.
- Rome. The Eternal City has something for every traveler, from history lovers to art aesthetes and food enthusiasts. If you’re in Naples, it would be a shame not go to and see it as you’re less than three hours drive away.
- Calabria and Apulia. Even more rugged and wild than Naples and Campania, these two Italian regions should be explored at a slower pace, setting aside time to meet the hospitable locals and learn about the region’s history and traditions.
- Sicily. Easily reached, the Italy’s largest island is just around six hours drive away. Its old cities, spectacular beaches, and traces of varied history will easily convince you that such a trip is worthwhile.
- Abruzzo. Sometimes overlooked for its more famous neighbors, the region of Abruzzo can be a lovely off-the-beaten-track destination to explore, especially if you’ve got your own transport. Best-known for its long and rugged Adriatic beaches, the region is also home to the bucolic countryside, ancient mountaintop towns, and no less than four national parks. The drive from Naples to L’Aquila, the capital of Abruzzo, takes only about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Car Rental Prices in Naples
- Station wagons - from $243 per day
- Large cars - from $265 per day
- Medium cars - from $215 per day
- Vans - from $168 per day
- Premium cars - from $378 per day
- Small cars - from $141 per day
- SUVs - from $233 per day
There are things you can do to get a good rental deal in Naples:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Naples is the cheapest in January when renting a car is an incredible 75% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 20 Cities near Naples
Rome Car Rentals from $49.20 per day186.7 km / 116.0 miles away
Milan Car Rentals from $40.49 per day671.7 km / 417.4 miles away
Bergamo Car Rentals from $52.66 per day650.4 km / 404.1 miles away
Venice Car Rentals from $56.58 per day541.5 km / 336.5 miles away
Florence Car Rentals from $106.14 per day408.1 km / 253.6 miles away
Turin Car Rentals from $128.74 per day710.8 km / 441.7 miles away
Bologna Car Rentals from $65.20 per day476.2 km / 295.9 miles away
Bari Car Rentals from $81.51 per day217.7 km / 135.3 miles away
Verona Car Rentals from $54.72 per day574.8 km / 357.2 miles away
447.9 km / 278.3 miles away
Lamezia Terme Car Rentals from $117.30 per day274.8 km / 170.8 miles away
Treviso Car Rentals from $95.12 per day560.3 km / 348.2 miles away
Genoa Car Rentals from $93.91 per day585.4 km / 363.8 miles away
Bolzano Car Rentals from $115.49 per day670.7 km / 416.7 miles away
Brindisi Car Rentals from $22.54 per day316.0 km / 196.4 miles away
Padua Car Rentals from $77.02 per day544.2 km / 338.1 miles away
181.4 km / 112.7 miles away
Brescia Car Rentals from $74.91 per day600.4 km / 373.1 miles away
Perugia Car Rentals from $135.19 per day293.8 km / 182.6 miles away
Reggio di Calabria Car Rentals from $64.82 per day330.6 km / 205.4 miles away
Top 19 Locations near Naples
Naples Airport Car Rentals from $58.41 per day10.0 km / 6.2 miles away
Salerno Fisciano Car Rentals from $134.02 per day48.7 km / 30.3 miles away
Salerno Train Station Car Rentals from $120.20 per day50.9 km / 31.6 miles away
Salerno Zona Industriale Car Rentals from $56.78 per day58.2 km / 36.2 miles away
Salerno Fuorni Car Rentals from $73.44 per day58.3 km / 36.2 miles away
Rome Ciampino Airport Car Rentals from $48.70 per day172.4 km / 107.1 miles away
Pescara Airport Car Rentals from $60.68 per day178.6 km / 111.0 miles away
Rome Centocelle Car Rentals from $14.72 per day180.7 km / 112.3 miles away
Rome Tiburtina Train station Car Rentals from $104.63 per day184.5 km / 114.7 miles away
Rome Termini Train Station Car Rentals from $73.44 per day185.3 km / 115.1 miles away
Rome Fiumicino Airport Car Rentals from $58.36 per day196.0 km / 121.8 miles away
Bari Airport Car Rentals from $81.51 per day217.7 km / 135.3 miles away
Bari Train Station Car Rentals from $157.36 per day226.3 km / 140.6 miles away
Lamezia Terme Airport Car Rentals from $62.86 per day275.5 km / 171.2 miles away
Perugia Airport Car Rentals from $106.14 per day288.5 km / 179.2 miles away
Chiusi Train Station Car Rentals from $174.52 per day305.1 km / 189.6 miles away
Brindisi Airport Car Rentals from $60.63 per day316.0 km / 196.4 miles away
Ancona Airport Car Rentals from $80.78 per day317.9 km / 197.5 miles away
Reggio di Calabria Airport Car Rentals from $64.82 per day330.6 km / 205.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Naples?
What’s the usual rental length in Naples?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Naples?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Brent||Toyota Aygo||5||2||Small cars|
|Brent||Fiat 500||3||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Opel Karl||4||2||Small cars|
|Brent||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Brent||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Leasys Rent - Drivalia||Lancia Ypsilon||4||2||Small cars|
|Brent||Renault Captur||5||3||Medium cars|
|Leasys Rent - Drivalia||Fiat 500L||5||2||Medium cars|
|Leasys Rent - Drivalia||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.