Car Rental at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Sprawling, developed, and cultured, Phoenix is, for many, one of the most interesting cities in the United States. Its desert location makes the city experience serious heat every summer, but is also responsible for the unique nature that surrounds it. These are three of the most interesting places to visit in and around Phoenix:
- State Capitol. Older than the state of Arizona itself, the Capitol is one of the most interesting places in Phoenix. As many branches of the state government have moved to the more recently constructed buildings that now make up the capitol complex, the original building has been turned into the Capitol Museum. Exhibits include various objects significant to the state's history, as well as a surviving fragment of the USS Arizona which was sunk in the Pearl Harbor attack.
- Phoenix Art Museum. The largest in the Southwest U.S., PhxArt will be a delight to visit for any art and culture lover. Works on display include creations by world-famous classical masters such as Picasso, Monet, and O’Keeffe, but there are also exhibitions of Asian and Latin American Art. The museum is on North Central Avenue, near a number of other famous landmarks of the city. Visit its official website to learn more.
- Nature. It’s not exactly a short trip to the Grand Canyon — the drive from Phoenix can take a full four hours —– but for many tourists, visiting this landmark is a quintessential part of their Arizona experience. However, if you don’t have enough time to travel to the state’s north, there are a number of places to enjoy nature that are closer to Phoenix, namely, McDowell Mountain Regional Park, Sonoran Desert Preserve, Lake Pleasant Regional Park, Tonto National Forest, and Estrella Mountain Regional Park — all of these can be reached in one hour or less.
Top international routes
- Los Angeles
- Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Dallas/Fort Worth
- Mexico City, Mexico
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $87 per day
- Large cars - from $50 per day
- Medium cars - from $49 per day
- Vans - from $98 per day
- Premium cars - from $64 per day
- Small cars - from $54 per day
- SUVs - from $48 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
If approaching the airport along I-10 from either direction, you can exit onto N 24th Street, where you'll find two stations on the way to the Rental Car Center.
If approaching along I-17 from the north, use exit 196 to reach a different Shell station.
Popular one-way rentals
- Los Angeles (376 mi / 605 km)
- Las Vegas (301 mi / 484 km)
- San Francisco (756 mi / 1,217 km)
- Tuscon (111 mi / 178 km)
- Palm Springs (272 mi / 438 km)
- Tulsa (1,060 mi / 1,706 km)
Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
- IATA: PHX
- ICAO: KPHX
- Name: Phoenix Sky Harbor Int.Airport (PHX)
- Distance from city: 3 miles / 4.8 km
Top 5 Locations near Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
23.0 km / 14.3 miles away
Car Rental at Phoenix–Mesa Gateway Airport from $80.30 per day35.7 km / 22.2 miles away
Car Rental at Tucson Airport from $49.15 per day177.5 km / 110.3 miles away
Car Rental at Flagstaff Pulliam Airport from $80.30 per day192.3 km / 119.5 miles away
244.2 km / 151.7 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Carwiz, Dollar, Thrifty, NUCarrentals, SIXT|
|Popular car categories||Large cars, SUVs, Small cars, Medium cars|
|Lowest price||$48 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Carwiz||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|Dollar||Honda Civic||4||2||Large cars|
|Carwiz||Toyota Corolla Sedan||4||2||Large cars|
|Dollar||Hyundai Accent||4||2||Medium cars|
|Carwiz||Kia Optima||4||2||Large cars|
|Thrifty||Mazda 3||5||3||Large cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.