Car Rental at Phuket Int. Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The largest of Thailand’s islands, Phuket has long been one of the country’s main tourist draws. The best thing about getting a rental car on Phuket is not being tied to your corner of the island and being able to access everything that the tropical destination has to offer. With that in mind, these are six of Phuket’s most interesting attractions:
- Phuket Town. The main settlement on Phuket is probably the best place to start exploring the island. This cozy town charms visitors with its well-preserved Old Town which shows clear Portuguese influences,impressive Taoist temples, and the Khao Rang hill which provides great views of the rest of the island.
- Cape Panwa. This idyllic area in the southern part of the island is naturally known for its beautiful beaches and high-quality resorts frequented by international movie stars, but also attractions like the Marine Biological Research Centre and Phuket Aquarium. Even if you’re staying in another part of the island, Cape Panwa is worth a day trip’s visit.
- Phra Thaeo National Park. Significantly developed and built up over the last few decades, Phuket doesn’t have much of its original rainforest remaining. That being said, Phra Thaeo National Park (sometimes also called a wildlife sanctuary and non-hunting area) in the central part of the island is a corner of green known for its Gibbon Sanctuary and scenic waterfalls. Those craving more challenging jungle treks can find them in the nearby mainland nature areas of southern Thailand.
- The Big Buddha. Standing tall at 45 meters atop Nakkerd Hill, this iconic statue offers breathtaking panoramic views. Immerse yourself in the tranquil atmosphere and marvel at the intricate details of this revered monument. Built entirely through donations, the Big Buddha represents the island's spiritual heritage. Make sure to also explore the surrounding area and witness the striking beauty of Phuket from this vantage point.
- Wat Chalong Temple. This revered Buddhist temple holds deep historical significance as a place of worship and healing. You can learn about the heroic deeds of monks who helped during a rebellion in the 19th century at it. don't miss exploring the beautifully adorned halls, making offerings, and soaking in the spiritual ambiance. You can also climb to the top for panoramic views of the island.
- Simon Cabaret Show. Witness the culmination of years of dedication and passion as the world-renowned cabaret takes you on a journey through Thailand's rich cultural heritage. Since its humble beginnings as a small-scale production, this extravaganza has grown into a global sensation, entertaining audiences for decades, both local and tourists. You'll be amazed as artists grace the stage with stunning costumes, mesmerizing music, and captivating dance performances.
Top international routes
- Singapore, Singapore - Changi Airport
- Kuala Lumpu, Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur International Airport)
- Hong Kong, China (Hong Kong International Airport)
- Shanghai, China (Hong Kong International Airport)
- Seoul, South Korea (Incheon International Airport)
- Chengdu, China (Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $45 per day
- Large cars - from $31 per day
- Medium cars - from $27 per day
- Vans - from $64 per day
- Small cars - from $22 per day
- SUVs - from $40 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Phuket Int. Airport (HKT)
- IATA: HKT
- ICAO: VTSP
- Name: Phuket Int. Airport (HKT)
- Distance from city: 19.9 miles / 32 km
Top 8 Locations near Phuket Int. Airport
Car Rental at Krabi Airport from $25.12 per day74.5 km / 46.3 miles away
Car Rental at Samui International Airport from $25.12 per day250.6 km / 155.7 miles away
Car Rental in Bangkok (Downtown) from $18.02 per day671.8 km / 417.4 miles away
Car Rental at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport from $20.09 per day675.2 km / 419.5 miles away
Car Rental at Airport Bangkok Don Muang from $18.38 per day692.0 km / 430.0 miles away
Car Rental at Khon Kaen Airport from $24.51 per day1048.4 km / 651.4 miles away
Car Rental at Udon Thani Int. Airport from $18.02 per day1139.8 km / 708.2 miles away
Car Rental at Chiang Mai Int. Airport from $25.12 per day1187.1 km / 737.6 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Phuket Int. Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Phuket Int. Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Phuket Int. Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Drive Car Rental, yesaway, Europcar, SIXT, Thai Rent A Car|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Vans|
|Lowest price||$22 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Drive Car Rental|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Drive Car Rental||Nissan Almera||4||2||Small cars|
|yesaway||Nissan Almera||4||2||Small cars|
|yesaway||Toyota Vios||4||2||Medium cars|
|SIXT||Toyota Yaris||4||Small cars|
|yesaway||Toyota Yaris||4||2||Small cars|
|Europcar||Mitsubishi Mirage||4||1||Small cars|
|Europcar||Nissan Almera||5||1||Small cars|
|Drive Car Rental||Toyota Vios||4||2||Medium cars|
|Drive Car Rental||Toyota Commuter||4||4||Vans|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.