Car Rental at Amsterdam Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
One of the most interesting capitals in Europe, Amsterdam is deservedly a very popular destination for a city break. Historic and full of atmosphere, it is home to fun museums, an active cultural life, and plenty of things to do for all types of visitors. These are a few of Amsterdam’s most interesting attractions:
- Rijksmuseum. Arguably the most famous museum in the Netherlands, the Rijksmuseum houses more than one million pieces of art. The most viewed among them are world-famous paintings by Dutch masters such as Rembrandt, Vermeer, Monet, and Bosch. If you liked the Rijksmuseum, two other must-visit places include the nearby Van Gogh Museum and the Stedelijk Museums dedicated to contemporary art.
- Brouwersgracht. Located in the formerly working-class neighborhood of Jordaan that has seen a lot of development over the last couple of decades, Brouwersgracht, or the Brewer’s Canal, is often mentioned as one of the most beautiful streets in the city. Nowadays considered quite upscale and chic, it is home to a large number of galleries, cafeterias, and renovated buildings. You can even enjoy the scenic views by taking a boat trip along the street. Make sure to check out the historic warehouses at the northern end.
- Natura Artis Magistra. Also known as the Royal Zoo, this large complex in central Amsterdam also includes botanical gardens, a planetarium, an aquarium, and an art collection, making it one of the most fun places in the city to visit for the whole family. Opened in 1838, it is one of the oldest zoos in Europe and nowadays is also involved in some conservation work. Make sure to also check out the surprisingly fun Museum of Microbes, branded as the first of its kind in the world.
- Vondelpark. One of the most beloved green areas in Amsterdam. It offers you the perfect opportunity to take a leisurely stroll and connect with the city vibes while making new friends. This park has no particular attractions, but it can be considered an attraction itself.
- Canal District. A standout feature that really sets Amsterdam apart from other cities. Built mainly in the 17th century, it stands as a testament to the renowned Dutch city-planning expertise. Today, this web of 100 km (62 miles) of canals and over 1,500 bridges is a World Heritage Site. You should book a canal cruise to experience Amsterdam in a unique way. It's one of the top-rated activities for travelers - perfect for those visiting the city for the first time.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $131 per day
- Station wagons - from $53 per day
- Large cars - from $42 per day
- Medium cars - from $34 per day
- Vans - from $123 per day
- Premium cars - from $88 per day
- Small cars - from $29 per day
- SUVs - from $48 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- IATA: AMS
- ICAO: EHAM
- Name: Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS)
- Distance from city: 5.6 miles / 9 km
Top 7 Locations near Amsterdam Airport
Car Rental in Amsterdam (Downtown) from $30.14 per day9.0 km / 5.6 miles away
Car Rental at Amsterdam Central Station from $36.00 per day11.9 km / 7.4 miles away
Car Rental in Rotterdam East from $32.64 per day42.6 km / 26.5 miles away
Car Rental at Rotterdam Airport from $37.58 per day45.3 km / 28.1 miles away
Car Rental at Eindhoven Airport from $31.04 per day104.3 km / 64.8 miles away
151.6 km / 94.2 miles away
Car Rental at Maastricht Airport from $32.83 per day170.2 km / 105.8 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Amsterdam Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Amsterdam Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Amsterdam Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Keddy, Alamo, Hertz, SIXT, Thrifty|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$29 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Keddy||Skoda Fabia||5||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen T-Cross||4||3||Medium cars|
|Hertz||Volkswagen T-Cross||5||2||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen Up||5||1||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Volkswagen T-Cross||5||2||Medium cars|
|Alamo||Hyundai i20||4||2||Small cars|
|Alamo||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Renault Captur||5||2||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Skoda Kamiq||5||2||Medium cars|
|Hertz||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.