Car Rental in Milos
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Milos?
Historic, scenic, and with a permanent population of just 5,000 people, the Greek island of Milos is a lovely place to visit. It might not be as busy as some of the other Cycladic Islands like Santorini and Mykonos, but travelers looking for a leisurely, relaxed holiday in the sun won’t go wrong by visiting Milos.
Top ways to enter Milos
- Milos Airport: One of the smallest international airports in Greece, it served only about 80,000 travelers in 2019. Nonetheless, it is the main port of entry for many of Milos’ visitors who arrive via flights connecting through the capital, Athens. The airport is situated in the center of the island and can be easily and quickly accessed from anywhere in Milos.
- Santorini Airport: Serving the island of the same name, Santorini Airport handled 2.3 million travelers in 2019. The airport is served by around 30 airlines, including a number of low-cost carriers, although most are only active during the high tourist season. You’ll need to take a ferry to get from Santorini to Milos, so it’s important to book tickets in advance.
- By ferry: Milos is well-connected to many of the other Cycladic Islands and the Greek mainland by a ferry service (for example, the trip from Athens takes about 5 to 7 hours). The service is much more active during the summer months, but this is also when tickets sell out more quickly, so it’s important to book tickets in advance. Some, although not all, ferry companies permit bringing a rental on deck (you’ll need to purchase a separate ticket for that). Even if it’s permitted, you also need to find a rental car supplier that permits one-way rentals between the other location and Milos. An alternative is to travel by ferry without a rental car and to pick up one after arriving in Milos.
Top destinations and activities
- Archaeological Museum of Milos. Despite its small size, Milos is where two of the most famous pieces of Ancient Greek art were found, the Venus of Milos and Asclepios of Milos. While these two works are located in the Louvre and the British Museum, respectively, the Archaeological Museum of Milos keeps many other fascinating pieces of Cycladic art and artifacts. The museum is located in the main square of Plaka, the largest settlement on Milos.
- Sarakiniko Beach. There are many beautiful beaches in Milos — as many as 70 according to some local sources — but Sarakiniko deserves special mention. In addition to picturesque coves, it is known for its white rock formations, making it one of the most photographed spots in all of the Cyclades archipelago. This beach is located in the northeastern part of the island.
- Catacombs and Caves. The unique volcanic landscape of Milos isn’t there just to marvel at from the outside, it can also be explored from inside. The catacombs of Milos near the village of Trypiti, among the oldest and largest in Europe, are open to visitors. There are also interesting natural caves, not just on Milos, but also on the nearby uninhabited islands which can be visited on a tour.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Kimolos. Located just a stone’s throw to the northeast, Kimolos is an even smaller and more relaxed place than Milos. The island has some cultural attractions like the ruins of its medieval castle and the Kimolos Museum, as well as some really good snorkeling options. The ferry trip from the village of Pollonia to Kimolos takes only about 20 minutes. Most ferry companies do not permit bringing a car along, but the island is small enough to be comfortably explored on foot.
- Folegandros. Another small nearby island, Folegandros is part of the neighboring Southern Cyclades group (Milos is usually classified among the Western Cyclades). The island has an interesting folk museum and a number of caves to explore, but the main attraction is its untamed nature and rocky beaches - Folegandros really gets very few visitors, so you’ll have a lot of wilderness just for yourself. As with Kimolos, bringing a car along is sadly not a possibility.
Most popular cars
The most popular rental car in Milos is the Peugeot 308, followed by the Volvo V40 and the Renault Megane Cabrio. The most popular rental car types are intermediate, compact, and economy.
Car Rental Prices in Milos
- Large cars - from $114 per day
- Medium cars - from $149 per day
- Vans - from $129 per day
- Small cars - from $112 per day
- SUVs - from $187 per day
These are some good methods to save money on your rental car:
- Compare the rates of different rental car suppliers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit during the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Milos is the cheapest in September when renting a car is about 37% cheaper than the yearly average and a whole 53% cheaper than renting a car in August.
Top 20 Cities near Milos
152.5 km / 94.8 miles away
Heraklion Car Rentals from $43.11 per day166.2 km / 103.3 miles away
Rhodes Car Rentals from $55.10 per day333.1 km / 206.9 miles away
446.1 km / 277.2 miles away
Chania Car Rentals from $50.53 per day142.0 km / 88.2 miles away
Corfu Car Rentals from $87.63 per day520.1 km / 323.2 miles away
Kos Car Rentals from $25.32 per day235.8 km / 146.5 miles away
Santorini Car Rentals from $39.01 per day99.2 km / 61.6 miles away
Mykonos Car Rentals from $53.83 per day112.5 km / 69.9 miles away
Zakynthos Car Rentals from $23.15 per day335.3 km / 208.4 miles away
89.5 km / 55.6 miles away
Kefalonia Car Rentals from $117.68 per day384.7 km / 239.0 miles away
Preveza Car Rentals from $72.63 per day405.3 km / 251.9 miles away
Rethymno Car Rentals from $75.62 per day150.9 km / 93.8 miles away
Agios Nikolaos Car Rentals from $16.12 per day200.5 km / 124.6 miles away
Paros Car Rentals from $69.52 per day68.5 km / 42.6 miles away
Koropi Car Rentals from $28.05 per day138.5 km / 86.1 miles away
Piraeus Car Rentals from $81.99 per day153.3 km / 95.3 miles away
292.7 km / 181.9 miles away
Lefkada Car Rentals from $85.06 per day407.6 km / 253.3 miles away
Top 18 Locations near Milos
Milos Hotel Delivery Car Rentals from $103.72 per day0.4 km / 0.3 miles away
Milos Airport Car Rentals from $54.66 per day4.3 km / 2.7 miles away
Paros Airport Car Rentals from $69.52 per day68.5 km / 42.6 miles away
Paros Port Car Rentals from $101.25 per day74.4 km / 46.2 miles away
Mylopota Car Rentals from $74.89 per day75.7 km / 47.1 miles away
Syros Megas Gialos Car Rentals from $72.16 per day83.7 km / 52.0 miles away
Syros Airport Car Rentals from $207.49 per day89.6 km / 55.7 miles away
Naxos Airport Car Rentals from $85.51 per day91.1 km / 56.6 miles away
Naxos Chora Car Rentals from $95.52 per day92.9 km / 57.7 miles away
Santorini Port Car Rentals from $68.35 per day96.8 km / 60.1 miles away
Santorini Mesaria Car Rentals from $58.77 per day97.5 km / 60.6 miles away
Santorini Airport Car Rentals from $39.01 per day99.2 km / 61.6 miles away
Kea Port Car Rentals from $63.93 per day104.8 km / 65.1 miles away
Tinos Port Car Rentals from $125.11 per day110.3 km / 68.6 miles away
Mykonos Port Car Rentals from $82.24 per day112.3 km / 69.8 miles away
Mykonos Airport Car Rentals from $53.83 per day112.5 km / 69.9 miles away
Mykonos Old Port Car Rentals from $107.00 per day112.5 km / 69.9 miles away
Gavrio Hotel Delivery Car Rentals from $73.65 per day131.5 km / 81.7 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Milos?
What’s the usual rental length in Milos?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Milos?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Avance Rent a Car||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Citroen C1||4||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Citroen C1 Cabrio||3||1||Convertibles|
|Avance Rent a Car||Nissan Micra||4||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|Avance Rent a Car||Skoda Citigo||5||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Citroen C1||5||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Hyundai i20||5||2||Medium cars|
|Avance Rent a Car||Toyota Auris||5||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.