Car Rental at Liberia Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Not to be confused with the Western African nation, Liberia Airport serves the Central American nation of Costa Rica. The country is known for its stunning nature and diverse cultural heritage, with the northwestern coast, where the Liberia Airport is located, being no exception. These are three of the region’s most notable attractions:
- Rincón de la Vieja Volcano National Park. Located just an hour’s drive northeast of the airport, Rincón de la Vieja is made up of a dry tropical forest, and, as suggested by its name, volcanoes. The diversity of fauna here is simply dizzying, especially when it comes to birdlife. If you’re visiting during the rainy season, hiring a 4x4 vehicle might be necessary, especially if you plan to get off the main roads.
- Playas del Coco. Located just a stone’s throw from the airport in the other direction, Playas del Coco is one of the small coastal resort towns in the area (there are several others that you can also easily reach by driving south along the coast). In addition to splendid Pacific beaches, Playas del Coco has a salt dive center, is near a couple of surfing hotspots, and is the takeoff point for a number of wildlife viewing tours.
- Guanacaste and Santa Rosa national parks. These other two national parks, which are only divided by the Pan-American Highway in the middle, provide yet more opportunities to enjoy the splendid nature of Costa Rica. The parks are very similar in size, with the biggest difference being that Santa Rosa includes a sizable coastal area of mangrove forests. Several wildlife refuges and conservation centers are under the authority of both parks, and some of their inhabitants include species like Baird’s tapirs, Geoffrey’s spider monkeys, and ocelots. Guanacaste also has some pre-Columbian petroglyphs. Located near the border with Nicaragua, the parks are only an hour’s drive from Liberia Airport.
Top international routes
- Los Angeles
- New York City
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $119 per day
- Medium cars - from $108 per day
- Vans - from $150 per day
- Small cars - from $88 per day
- SUVs - from $201 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- San José (222 km / 138 mi). The capital might not be the number one reason why most travelers go to Costa Rica, but for those who do venture there, San Jose has its fair share of delights. The highlights of the capital region include the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum, the Jade Museum, and the nearby city of Cartago.
- Limón (366 km / 227 mi). Also known as Puerto Limon, this city on the Atlantic Coast is famous for its nearby beautiful beaches, as well as the surrounding nature preserves like the Cahuita National Park and the Pacuare River.
- Quepos (263 km / 163 mi). Another city that is best known for beautiful surrounding nature, Quepos is located right next to the Manuel Antonio National Park. Made up of impressive peaks, Pacific beaches, and long hiking trails, the park is home to unique wildlife species like black spiny-tailed iguana, white-nosed coati, Hoffmann’s two-toed sloth, and mantled howler monkey.
- Alajuela (197 km / 122 mi). Although essentially a suburb of San Jose, Alajuela has plenty of things for a traveler to see and do. These include the Central Cathedral, Historic Cultural Museum of Juan Santamaria, and the nearby Poás Volcano National Park.
Liberia Airport (LIR)
- IATA: LIR
- ICAO: MRLB
- Name: Liberia Airport (LIR)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 20,759
- Passengers (per year): 1,146,163
- Distance from City: 8.7 miles / 14 km W of town
- Phone: +506 668 1117
Top 11 Locations near Liberia Airport
Car Rental at Papagayo Secrets Costa Rica Resort & Spa from $166.80 per day14.1 km / 8.7 miles away
Car Rental at Playa Conchal/Westin Resort from $65.61 per day38.1 km / 23.7 miles away
Car Rental at Tamarindo Airport from $36.25 per day45.2 km / 28.1 miles away
Car Rental at Tamarindo JW Marriott Hotel from $152.67 per day53.0 km / 32.9 miles away
Car Rental at San Jose Airport from $22.21 per day158.5 km / 98.5 miles away
Car Rental in San Jose Belen from $105.82 per day162.8 km / 101.2 miles away
Car Rental at America Free Zone from $39.96 per day163.5 km / 101.6 miles away
Car Rental at San Jose-Hotel Ramada Herradura from $105.82 per day163.9 km / 101.9 miles away
Car Rental in San Jose La Uruca from $199.76 per day170.2 km / 105.8 miles away
Car Rental in San Jose San Pedro from $67.59 per day173.7 km / 107.9 miles away
Car Rental at Quepos La Managua Airport from $39.74 per day199.3 km / 123.8 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Liberia Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Liberia Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Liberia Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|AmiGO Rent a Car||Chevrolet Beat||4||2||Small cars|
|AmiGO Rent a Car||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Medium cars|
|AmiGO Rent a Car||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Large cars|
|AmiGO Rent a Car||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|AmiGO Rent a Car||Toyota Land Cruiser Prado||5||2||SUVs|
|Avis||Nissan Versa||4||2||Large cars|
|Avis||Nissan March||4||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.