Car Rental at Liberia Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Not to be confused with the Western African nation, Liberia Airport serves the Central American nation of Costa Rica. The country is known for its stunning nature and diverse cultural heritage, with the northwestern coast, where the Liberia Airport is located, being no exception. These are three of the region’s most notable attractions:
- Rincón de la Vieja Volcano National Park. Located just an hour’s drive northeast of the airport, Rincón de la Vieja is home to a diverse array of flora and fauna. The park contains several different ecosystems, including tropical dry forests, cloud forests, and volcanic slopes. Some of the wildlife that can be found in the park include howler monkeys, spider monkeys, and a variety of bird species. The part is known for its hiking trails, waterfalls, hot springs and a variety of adventure activities, like zip-lining, horseback riding, tubing, hot springs and more. If you’re visiting during the rainy season, hiring a 4x4 vehicle might be necessary, especially if you plan to get off the main roads.
- Playas del Coco. Located about 30 min drive from the Liberia airportPlaya del Coco is one of the small coastal resort towns in the area (there are several others that you can also easily reach by driving south along the coast). In addition to a great beach, Playa del Coco offers lots of other activities, including snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, and surfing, as well as boat tours and sunset cruises. The beach town also has a bustling main street with a variety of shops, restaurants, and bars.
- Tamarindo. Located about and one-and-a-half-hour drive from Liberia, Tamarindo is the star attraction of Guanacaste and the most popular beach town on the coast. In addition to its beautiful beach, Tamarindo has a bustling town center with a variety of shops, restaurants, and bars, as well as a lively nightlife scene. Tamarindo is a hub of activities in the region with plenty of tours ranging from surfing and snorkeling to horseback riding, zip lining, boat tours and more. The town is located near several national parks, including Las Baulas National Marine Park, which is home to a nesting site for the endangered leatherback sea turtle.
Top international routes
- Los Angeles
- New York City
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $73 per day
- Medium cars - from $70 per day
- Vans - from $88 per day
- Small cars - from $42 per day
- SUVs - from $50 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- San José (222 km / 138 mi). The capital might not be the number one reason why most travelers go to Costa Rica, but for those who do venture there, San Jose has its fair share of delights. The highlights of the capital region include the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum, the Jade Museum, and the nearby city of Cartago.
- Limón (366 km / 227 mi). Also known as Puerto Limon, this city on the Atlantic Coast is famous for its nearby beautiful beaches, as well as the surrounding nature preserves like the Cahuita National Park and the Pacuare River.
- Quepos (263 km / 163 mi). Another city that is best known for beautiful surrounding nature, Quepos is located right next to the Manuel Antonio National Park. Made up of impressive peaks, Pacific beaches, and long hiking trails, the park is home to unique wildlife species like black spiny-tailed iguana, white-nosed coati, Hoffmann’s two-toed sloth, and mantled howler monkey.
- Alajuela (197 km / 122 mi). Although essentially a suburb of San Jose, Alajuela has plenty of things for a traveler to see and do. These include the Central Cathedral, Historic Cultural Museum of Juan Santamaria, and the nearby Poás Volcano National Park.
Liberia Airport (LIR)
- IATA: LIR
- ICAO: MRLB
- Name: Liberia Airport (LIR)
- Distance from city: 8.7 miles / 14 km
Top 6 Locations near Liberia Airport
Car Rental at Playa Conchal/Westin Resort from $69.84 per day35.5 km / 22.1 miles away
Car Rental at San Jose Airport from $41.92 per day160.7 km / 99.9 miles away
Car Rental in San Jose (Downtown) from $41.92 per day172.1 km / 106.9 miles away
Car Rental in San Jose San Pedro from $69.83 per day175.9 km / 109.3 miles away
Car Rental at Quepos La Managua Airport from $71.66 per day200.9 km / 124.8 miles away
284.1 km / 176.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Liberia Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Liberia Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Liberia Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Economy rent a car, Avis, AmiGO Rent a Car, MEX RENT A CAR, Enterprise|
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Small cars, Vans, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$42 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||AmiGO Rent a Car|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Economy rent a car||Toyota RAV4||5||2||SUVs|
|AmiGO Rent a Car||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|MEX RENT A CAR||Suzuki Jimny||3||1||SUVs|
|AmiGO Rent a Car||Chevrolet Beat||4||2||Small cars|
|AmiGO Rent a Car||Toyota Land Cruiser Prado||5||2||SUVs|
|MEX RENT A CAR||Toyota Rush||5||2||SUVs|
|AmiGO Rent a Car||Toyota Yaris||4||2||Small cars|
|MEX RENT A CAR||Hyundai Creta||4||2||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.