Car Rental at Houston Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The largest city in Texas, Houston has more than just its size going for it if you scratch beneath the surface. Known for its innovation and scientific prowess, it can be equally exciting in terms of culture and entertainment and is also near a number of destinations for fun day trips. Here are three ideas for your trip:
- Space Center. Many visitors and locals alike will tell you that no visit to Houston will be complete without seeing this science museum and NASA visitor center. With a collection of numerous starships (some of which have been to outer space), moon rocks, command modules, and a Mars virtual reality wall that permits you to experience the red planet, it greets more than one million visitors every year. Visit its official website to learn more.
- Museum of Fine Arts. A large complex that’s made up of the neoclassical Watkin Building and several other structures, as well as the Bayou Bend Gardens, this is another fascinating Houston landmark to visit. Exhibitions include historic art from all over the world, as well as works by famous American and foreign artists such as Goya and Botticelli. Learn more on the museum’s official website.
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Taking place every March, this is the largest event of its kind on the planet. Held in NRG Stadium, home of the Houston Texans, the livestock show and rodeo is a lot of fun, and also an opportunity to learn more about Texan culture. Many famous performers and musical acts have entertained audiences over the years.
Top international routes
- Mexico City
- San Jose, Costa Rica
The Skyway people mover connects all of the terminals and the International Arrivals Building airside, meaning transit between the terminals is possible without going through security again. The Subway connects all five terminals on the land side along with the airport hotel.
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $125 per day
- Large cars - from $47 per day
- Medium cars - from $47 per day
- Vans - from $96 per day
- Premium cars - from $50 per day
- Small cars - from $60 per day
- SUVs - from $47 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Lounges can be found in all terminals. Terminal D includes Air France, Centurion, and KLM Crown Lounges. Terminals A, B, C, and E all have United Club Lounges.
Water bottle refilling points are available in all of the terminals. So are baby care facilities. All terminals except Terminal Ba have a Visitor Information Center.
There is a Marriott at the airport located in the middle of the terminals. Other hotels can be found just outside the airport with most offering a free shuttle.
Consult IAH’s Interactive Directions to see what exactly is available in the terminal that you will be arriving at.
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Dallas, TX
- Austin, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- El Paso, TX
- New Orleans, LA
- Oklahoma City, OK
- IATA: IAH
- ICAO: KIAH
- Name: Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Distance from city: 15 miles / 24.1 km
Top 12 Locations near Houston Airport
Car Rental at Houston William P. Hobby Airport from $41.25 per day37.8 km / 23.5 miles away
Car Rental at Austin-Bergstrom Airport from $46.99 per day225.3 km / 140.0 miles away
Car Rental at Killeen Ft Hood Airport from $46.99 per day266.2 km / 165.4 miles away
Car Rental at Corpus Christi International Airport from $81.40 per day324.5 km / 201.6 miles away
325.1 km / 202.0 miles away
Car Rental at Dallas Love Field Airport from $45.52 per day348.9 km / 216.8 miles away
Car Rental at Dallas Fort Worth Airport from $45.84 per day361.8 km / 224.8 miles away
Car Rental at Brownsville/South Padre Island International Airport from $83.33 per day498.4 km / 309.7 miles away
Car Rental at McAllen-Miller International Airport from $83.33 per day510.3 km / 317.1 miles away
Car Rental at Midland International Airport from $64.10 per day689.8 km / 428.6 miles away
Car Rental at Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport from $81.40 per day735.7 km / 457.1 miles away
Car Rental at El Paso International Airport from $44.96 per day1072.6 km / 666.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Houston Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Houston Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Houston Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Easirent, RightCars, Dollar, Thrifty, Rent a Car 4Less|
|Popular car categories||Large cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Small cars|
|Lowest price||$47 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|RightCars||Hyundai Accent||4||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Nissan Altima||4||1||Large cars|
|Easirent||Hyundai Santa Fe||5||2||SUVs|
|Easirent||Nissan Sentra||4||2||Medium cars|
|RightCars||Toyota Corolla||4||3||Large cars|
|Easirent||Toyota Yaris||5||0||Small cars|
|Dollar||Hyundai Accent||4||2||Medium cars|
|Dollar||Honda Civic||4||2||Large cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.