Car Rental at Austin-Bergstrom Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Home of the SXSW festival and known for its very strong music scene, Austin is one of the most creative places in all of the U.S. In addition to its wealth of entertainment, it can also be a hub for exploring surrounding Northeastern Texas. Here are three of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Live music. Austin is known as one of the music capitals of the U.S. – many famous bands hail from the city, and live performances are held at many venues across the city every night. Austin is also home to South by Southwest (or SXSW), one of the largest music and media festivals in the world, which takes place every March. On a more classical note, the city is also famous for its opera house and symphonic orchestra.
- The Contemporary Austin. Previously known as the Austin Museum of Art, The Contemporary is one of the main cultural hubs of the city. It has two separate locations – The Arthouse at the Jones Center and Laguna Gloria (the latter also doubles as an art school). Both branches of the museum have a focus on local and other American contemporary artists and also frequently host various events. Visit the official website to learn more.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. A large botanical garden and arboretum, this is the right place to learn about the flora of Texas — the center has close to 1,000 plant species unique to the Lone Star State. The center is about a 20-minute drive southwest of downtown and is on the Violet Crown Trail, a popular 30-mile (48 km) hiking and cycling route that runs parallel to Barton Creek.
Top international routes
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Toronto (seasonal)
- Calgary (seasonal)
- London Heathrow
- London Gatwick (seasonal)
The South Terminal hosts flights from low-cost carriers such as Allegiant Air and Frontier Airlines. It is located on the southern end of the airport and even has a separate entrance, though rental car customers will still need to use the same entrance as the main terminal.
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $113 per day
- Large cars - from $49 per day
- Medium cars - from $49 per day
- Vans - from $82 per day
- Premium cars - from $69 per day
- Small cars - from $48 per day
- SUVs - from $51 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
The only hotels at the airport itself are Hilton and Hyatt Place. Quality Inn & Suites has a location just north of the airport and many other chains have locations near the Texas 71 US 183 interchange. Almost all of the hotels offer free shuttle service to and from the airport.
Nearest gas station
Another Shell station is located at 2453 Bastrop Hwy just on the other side of Highway 71 from the airport. Though requiring a small circle, prices are competitive. If seeking anything other than a fill-up, though, you should stick with the higher-priced, but new and clean, Texaco station at the airport.
Austin-Bergstrom Airport (AUS)
- IATA: AUS
- ICAO: KAUS
- Name: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Distance from city: 5 miles / 8 km
Top 12 Locations near Austin-Bergstrom Airport
Car Rental at Killeen Ft Hood Airport from $67.53 per day97.2 km / 60.4 miles away
Car Rental at Houston Airport from $48.42 per day225.3 km / 140.0 miles away
Car Rental at Houston William P. Hobby Airport from $45.15 per day238.0 km / 147.9 miles away
Car Rental at Corpus Christi International Airport from $67.53 per day270.2 km / 167.9 miles away
278.8 km / 173.2 miles away
Car Rental at Dallas Love Field Airport from $47.59 per day304.7 km / 189.3 miles away
Car Rental at Dallas Fort Worth Airport from $48.10 per day306.3 km / 190.3 miles away
Car Rental at McAllen-Miller International Airport from $69.46 per day450.2 km / 279.7 miles away
Car Rental at Midland International Airport from $62.24 per day473.8 km / 294.4 miles away
Car Rental at Brownsville/South Padre Island International Airport from $69.46 per day477.6 km / 296.8 miles away
Car Rental at Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport from $67.53 per day549.1 km / 341.2 miles away
Car Rental at El Paso International Airport from $48.42 per day849.5 km / 527.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Austin-Bergstrom Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Austin-Bergstrom Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Austin-Bergstrom Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Easirent, Thrifty, Dollar, Europcar, Enterprise|
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Large cars, Small cars, Medium cars|
|Lowest price||$48 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Easirent||Toyota Yaris||5||0||Small cars|
|Easirent||Nissan Sentra||4||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Nissan Altima||4||1||Large cars|
|Easirent||Hyundai Santa Fe||5||2||SUVs|
|Thrifty||Mazda 3||5||3||Large cars|
|Thrifty||Chevrolet Malibu||4||2||Large cars|
|Europcar||Toyota Yaris||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.