Car Hire at Warsaw-Modlin Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
Warsaw might not have the same historic appeal as cities like Krakow or Prague, but over the last two decades, the Polish capital has been steadily building its profile as a travel destination. A fun, innovative, and sophisticated place, it is rich in both famous landmarks and hidden gems. Here are three of Warsaw’s most interesting attractions:
- Old Town. Although a lot of Warsaw’s historical architecture perished during the Second World War, the surviving buildings and restored structures together make up one of the loveliest parts of the city. Known as Stare Miasto in Polish, the area is home to such landmarks as the Market Square, reconstructed townhouses, and the magnificent Royal Castle.
- Palace of Culture and Science. Built during communism in the typical post-war style of socialist realism, Poland’s tallest building continues to divide opinion. But whether you like it or hate it, the palace remains an important symbol of its era and the 20th-century history of Poland. An observation deck at the top of the building provides great views of the city below.
- Zachęta. Located inside a beautiful 19th-century building, Zachęta is the most important contemporary art museum in Poland. The museum’s permanent collection is made up of thousands of paintings, drawings, photographs, installations, and other artwork. Other interesting museums of Warsaw include the National Museum, Museum of the History of Polish Jews, Chopin Museum, and Warsaw Uprising Museum.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 38 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 50 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 36 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - starting at £ 73 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 79 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 23 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 70 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Gdansk (304 km / 189 mi). The large Polish coastal city is one of the nicest travel destinations in the country. There are plenty of historic landmarks for a traveler to enjoy like the Gdansk Town Hall and Artus Court, while the nearby city of Sopot offers some of the most relaxing spas in the region.
- Krakow (333 km / 207 mi). Having a well-preserved old town and architecture, Krakow is considered by many to be the most beautiful city in Poland. After taking in all of its historic delights, why not travel even further south to the snowy peaks of Polish Tatra?
- Wroclaw (364 km / 226 mi). A large university city built on a number of islands, Wroclaw is as picturesque as it is sophisticated. Attractions include its immense churches, large public green areas, and an old synagogue.
- Lodz (146 km / 91 mi). Poland’s third largest city is an industrial hub, and while it may not match Krakow or Wroclaw when it comes to history, the city nonetheless has its fair share of delights. These include the fun and central Piotrkowska street, many interesting museums, and former factories turned into tourist attractions.
- Poznan (320 km / 199 mi). The capital of Wielkopolska region, Poznan may not be the largest city in the country, but that did not stop it from building Poland’s largest market square. If that alone isn’t enough of a reason to visit, other impressive sites like the Cathedral Island and the Archbishopric Museum are also on offer.
- Vilnius (462 km / 287 mi). The capital city of neighboring Lithuania, Vilnius is an up-and-coming travel destination. Combining fascinating history with a youthful, innovative energy, this city is one of a kind. The capital can also serve as a great base for exploring the rest of the country.
Warsaw-Modlin Airport (WMI)
- IATA: WMI
- ICAO: EPMO
- Name: Warsaw-Modlin Airport (WMI)
- Size: Large Airport
- Flights per year: 9,061
- Passengers (per year): 2,932,639
- Distance from the city centre: 21.7 miles / 35 km NW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 9 Destinations around Warsaw Modlin Airport
Warsaw Airport starting at £ 6.55 per day6.2 km / 3.8 miles away
Piaseczno Railway Station starting at £ 78.92 per day17.2 km / 10.7 miles away
Lublin Airport starting at £ 10.97 per day162.7 km / 101.1 miles away
Katowice Airport starting at £ 6.55 per day234.2 km / 145.5 miles away
Rzeszów–Jasionka Airport starting at £ 6.26 per day246.0 km / 152.8 miles away
Krakow Airport starting at £ 6.55 per day252.1 km / 156.7 miles away
Poznan–Lawica Airport starting at £ 6.55 per day281.9 km / 175.2 miles away
Gdansk Airport starting at £ 6.55 per day291.6 km / 181.2 miles away
Wroclaw Airport starting at £ 6.26 per day307.5 km / 191.1 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Warsaw-Modlin Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Warsaw-Modlin Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Warsaw-Modlin Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Global Rent a Car||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Global Rent a Car||Smart For Four||5||1||Small cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Golf STW||5||2||Station wagons|
|Autounion||Mazda 2||4||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
|AddCar||Peugeot 208||4||2||Small cars|
|AddCar||Skoda Fabia||5||2||Small cars|
|Autounion||Fiat 500||2||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|