Car Hire at Katowice Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
The city of Katowice might not have a reputation as a tourist destination, but it has a surprising amount of things to see and do, provided that you know where to look. In addition to being an industrial urban center, it can also serve as a hub for traveling around the historic region of Silesia. If you get a rental car, many interesting attractions are just a short drive away. Here are three of them:
- Architecture. Although Katowice is perhaps best known for its seemingly endless rows of socialist apartment blocks, the city is also home to plenty of architecture that is more pleasant to look at. Some of the city’s most famous buildings include the wooden St. Michael the Archangel church which is more than 500 years old, the neo-gothic St. Mary’s Church, the historic Nikiszowiec area, and the city’s old main train station.
- Tarnowskie Góry. Like with many other regions of Europe, the historic development of Silesia is closely linked to mining, with many of the mines now turned into industrial heritage attractions. Located just a 30-minute drive northwest of Katowice, the silver mine in the town of Tarnowskie Góry is open to visitors and has been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Exploring its deep and long underground caverns is a claustrophobic, but fascinating, experience. Right next to the mine is the Black Trout Adit, one of the longest underground tourist routes in Europe. If you enjoy visiting these two places, you can also follow the Industrial Monuments Route which has sites in different parts of Silesia.
- Silesian Park. Also known as the Silesian Culture and Recreation Park, this large complex is one of the most visited places in the region. In addition to lots of greenery, the park is home to the Upper Silesian Ethnographic Park where you can see the wooden architecture and learn about the pre-industrial life in the region, as well as the Silesian Planetarium, Silesian Zoological Garden, and venues for different sports. Located only 4 km (2.5 miles) northwest of Katowice city center, the park can be reached in less than ten minutes by car.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 3 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 4 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 4 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 29 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 51 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 2 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 7 per day
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Krakow (95 km / 59 mi). Home to impressive classical and religious architecture, Krakow is one of the most beautiful historic cities in Europe. Most of the landmarks are understandably located in the old town, but plenty of hidden gems are also waiting to be found outside its bounds.
- Warsaw (298 km / 185 mi). Always full of ideas and youthful energy, Poland’s capital is a hub of culture, arts, and innovation. Although the city might not be as historic as Krakow, there are nonetheless plenty of fascinating landmarks like the Royal Castle and Palace of Culture and Science.
- Wroclaw (206 km / 128 mi). A university city built on 12 islands, Wroclaw is equal parts picturesque and interesting. Wroclaw’s highlights include the Cathedral Island, St. Maria Magdalena Church, and ‘Under the White Stork’ synagogue; the city also boasts the largest number of bridges to be found anywhere in Europe outside Venice.
- Gdansk (499 km / 310 mi). Located on the Polish Baltic coast, Gdansk is one of the classiest cities in Poland. After marveling at its well-preserved historic center and equally nice contemporary architecture, why not travel to one of the nearby beaches, forests, or spas?
- Rzeszow (272 km / 169 mi). Although sometimes overlooked in favor of other Polish cities (its hard-for-foreigners-to-pronounce name might have something to do with that), Rzeszow is a lovely place to visit. Home to a number of palaces, churches, and synagogues, it is a history lover’s dream.
- Opole (100 km / 60 mi). Located in Southwestern Poland near the border with the Czech Republic, Opole has been growing as a tourism destination. Piast Tower is the city’s symbol, but other landmarks include the Church on the Hill, Opole Open Air Museum of Rural Architecture, as well as a number of beautiful fountains.
Katowice Airport (KTW)
- IATA: KTW
- ICAO: EPKT
- Name: Katowice Airport (KTW)
- Distance from the city centre: 21.1 miles / 34 km
Top 9 Destinations around Katowice Airport
Car Hire at Krakow Airport starting at £ 3.45 per day66.7 km / 41.4 miles away
Car Hire at Wroclaw Airport starting at £ 7.94 per day169.3 km / 105.2 miles away
Car Hire at Rzeszów–Jasionka Airport starting at £ 4.72 per day212.7 km / 132.2 miles away
Car Hire at Warsaw Airport starting at £ 3.45 per day229.3 km / 142.5 miles away
Car Hire at Warsaw-Modlin Airport starting at £ 6.52 per day245.1 km / 152.3 miles away
Car Hire at Poznan–Lawica Airport starting at £ 5.93 per day266.7 km / 165.7 miles away
Car Hire at Lublin Airport starting at £ 13.27 per day268.8 km / 167.0 miles away
274.4 km / 170.5 miles away
Car Hire at Gdansk Airport starting at £ 3.21 per day436.0 km / 270.9 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
In which month is car hire at Katowice Airport the most affordable?
This information can help you determine the low season. But note that these prices are only averages. The cost of your hire is determined by the type of car you select, the length of time you hire it for and how much in advance you book. Simply type in your dates in the form at the top of the page in order to find out the exact prices.
What’s the usual hire length for renters at Katowice Airport?
Which time of year sees the highest demand for car hire at Katowice Airport?
Car Hire Information
|Popular suppliers||Flex To Go, Kaizen Rent, Carwiz, Ace Rent a car, PANEK|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Station wagons|
|Lowest price||£ 2 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Flex To Go|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Flex To Go||Volkswagen Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Flex To Go||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Flex To Go||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Kaizen Rent||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|Kaizen Rent||Hyundai i30||5||2||Medium cars|
|Kaizen Rent||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Medium cars|
|Flex To Go||Volkswagen Tiguan||5||3||SUVs|
|Kaizen Rent||Toyota Aygo||3||1||Small cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Carwiz||Skoda Fabia||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.