Car Hire at Warsaw Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
The capital of Poland, Warsaw is also the country’s main hub of culture, commerce and entertainment. While the city has a wealth of historic landmarks and interesting museums to explore, the region that surrounds it is sometimes overlooked by foreign visitors. But for those looking to broaden their horizons, a number of interesting and underrated destinations are just a short ride away and can be visited as part of a day-trip. Here’s our pick of them:
- Plock. A medium-sized city in the Masovia region which it shares with Warsaw, Plock is home to some fascinating history. It was the capital of Poland in the 11th and 12th centuries and remained an important centre for years to come. Sitting on the right bank of the River Vistula, it boasts the impressive gothic Castle of Masovian Dukes, the Plock Cathedral, and one of the prettiest city halls in the country. About 110 km (68 miles) northwest of Warsaw, Plock can be reached in about 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Lodz. A historic centre of textile-making and other industries, Lodz used to be absent from most Polish travel brochures. Although one of the largest cities in the country, it experienced a couple of rough decades following Poland’s transition from socialism and didn’t have a reputation for being a tourist hotspot. Over the last 10 years, though, Lodz has been working hard to shed its previous image — and, according to many, it has done a great job. The city is home to Piotrkowska Street, one of the longest urban boulevards in Europe which is now lined with cafeterias, galleries, and museums. Visitors also love its well-preserved Old Market Square and the Poznanski Palace and Museum, while Litzmannstadt Ghetto offers a history lesson on the plight of Poland’s Jewish community. The city is also home to a Textiles Museum dedicated to its working-class roots. Located some 130 km (80 miles) southwest of Warsaw, Lodz takes 1 hour and 40 minutes to reach.
- Białowieża. Located in the northeastern part of Poland on the border with Belarus, Białowieża is famous for its old-growth forest which is one of the oldest in Europe. One of the very few woodlands in the world that have received a UNESCO World Heritage designation, it is also a national park home to many species of wildlife, the most famous of which is the European bison. Most of the protected area can only be visited with a tour guide. Located some 235 km (146 miles) from the capital, Białowieża takes three hours to reach. It might be a stretch to visit it as a day trip — although many travellers do so — but there are also a number of cottages and cabins near the national park and in the surrounding villages.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 11 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 10 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 9 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 23 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 47 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 6 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 12 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Warsaw Airport (WAW)
- IATA: WAW
- ICAO: EPWA
- Name: Warsaw Airport (WAW)
- Distance from the city centre: 6.2 miles / 10 km
Top 9 Destinations around Warsaw Airport
Car Hire at Warsaw-Modlin Airport starting at £ 9.10 per day38.2 km / 23.7 miles away
Car Hire at Lublin Airport starting at £ 12.62 per day158.5 km / 98.5 miles away
Car Hire at Katowice Airport starting at £ 9.55 per day229.3 km / 142.5 miles away
Car Hire at Rzeszów–Jasionka Airport starting at £ 5.10 per day240.1 km / 149.2 miles away
Car Hire at Krakow Airport starting at £ 5.53 per day246.4 km / 153.1 miles away
Car Hire at Poznan–Lawica Airport starting at £ 7.71 per day282.8 km / 175.7 miles away
293.6 km / 182.4 miles away
Car Hire at Gdansk Airport starting at £ 7.43 per day296.8 km / 184.4 miles away
Car Hire at Wroclaw Airport starting at £ 6.53 per day305.4 km / 189.8 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
In which month is car hire at Warsaw Airport the most affordable?
This information can help you determine the low season. But note that these prices are only averages. The cost of your hire is determined by the type of car you select, the length of time you hire it for and how much in advance you book. Simply type in your dates in the form at the top of the page in order to find out the exact prices.
What’s the usual hire length for renters at Warsaw Airport?
Which time of year sees the highest demand for car hire at Warsaw Airport?
Car Hire Information
|Popular suppliers||Flex To Go, Viaggiare, Carwiz, Kaizen Rent, WheeGo|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Large cars|
|Lowest price||£ 6 per day|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Flex To Go||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Viaggiare||Toyota Aygo X||5||1||Small cars|
|Viaggiare||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
|Flex To Go||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Flex To Go||Volkswagen Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Viaggiare||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Kaizen Rent||Nissan Qashqai||5||3||SUVs|
|Flex To Go||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Viaggiare||Skoda Kamiq||5||2||Large cars|
|Carwiz||Skoda Fabia||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.