Car Rental at Geneva Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The largest French-speaking city in Switzerland, Geneva is best known for its role in international diplomacy but also has plenty to offer to visitors. Situated on the southern end of the lake of the same name (known as lac Léman in French), Geneva is a sophisticated city that’s rich in history and culture — but it also offers easy access to Switzerland’s nature. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Geneva year-round. For what to do in the winter, specifically, check out this guide of things to do in winter in Geneva.
- CERN. Geneva is not only a cultural and political hub, it is also the home of CERN, the largest particle physics laboratory in the world. Tours and exhibitions are available to learn about this complex, but fascinating work — some of them with quite evocative names such as the Universe of Particles and Passport to the Big Bang. Meanwhile, the futuristic wooden building of the Globe of Science and Innovation is an attraction in itself. Visit CERN’s official website to learn more about tours and admission.
- Museums. There are lots of museums and art galleries in Geneva — many of them of very high quality. The magnificent Palace of Nations, home of the UN, offers tours and is an interesting place to visit even if you’re not particularly interested in politics. Other highlights include the beautiful Conservatory and Botanical Garden of Geneva, the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum, the Museum of Natural History, the International Museum of Reformation (located in the St. Pierre Cathedral), and the Contemporary Art Center.
- Montreux. Located at the other end of the crescent-shaped Lake Geneva, the little town of Montreux offers arguably even more stunning views of the large body of water. In addition to scenic beauty, it is also known for the medieval Chillon Castle located on a nearby island, the neighboring Regional Park Gruyère Pays-d'Enhaut, and even a statue of Freddy Mercury. The trip from Geneva takes only about an hour.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Zurich (274 km / 170 mi)
- Munich (581 km / 361 mi)
- Basel (251 km / 156 mi)
- Milan (337 km / 209 mi)
- Vienna (1,012 km / 629 mi)
- Dijon (265 km / 164 mi)
Geneva Airport (GVA)
- IATA: GVA
- ICAO: LSGG
- Name: Geneva Airport (GVA)
- Distance from city: 2.5 miles / 4 km
Top 7 Locations near Geneva Airport
Car Rental in Geneva (Downtown) from $67.36 per day3.9 km / 2.4 miles away
Car Rental at Geneva Train Station from $83.54 per day4.0 km / 2.5 miles away
Car Rental at Bern Airport from $173.26 per day130.0 km / 80.8 miles away
Car Rental at Basel Airport from $67.81 per day185.5 km / 115.3 miles away
Car Rental at Zurich Airport from $66.26 per day230.3 km / 143.1 miles away
231.9 km / 144.1 miles away
Car Rental at St.Gallen–Altenrhein Airport from $103.24 per day296.8 km / 184.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Geneva Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Geneva Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Geneva Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Alamo, Geneva Rental Cars, Europcar, SIXT, Enterprise|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Vans|
|Lowest price||$65 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Geneva Rental Cars||Volkswagen Up||3||2||Small cars|
|Alamo||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Alamo||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Geneva Rental Cars||Volkswagen Polo||5||2||Small cars|
|Geneva Rental Cars||Volkswagen Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Geneva Rental Cars||Volkswagen Tiguan||5||3||SUVs|
|Geneva Rental Cars||Volkswagen Touran||5||2||Vans|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.