Car Hire at Geneva Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
The main city of the French-speaking part of Switzerland, Geneva is a world-known hub of politics, finance, and diplomacy. It comes as something of a surprise, then, that the city is also a great tourist destination. With an interesting history, lots of high-quality museums and galleries, and easy access to spectacular Swiss nature, Geneva is not going to disappoint. Here’s our pick of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Museum of Art and History. Located in an impressive building in Geneva City Centre, this is one of the best art museums in Switzerland. There are collections dedicated to the artworks of local Genevois artists such as Liotard and Töpffer, as well as internationally renowned masters like Rembrandt, Cezanne, and Modigliani. In addition, there are also collections of traditional art from Ancient Egypt (hosting a 2,900-year-old mummy), Classical Greece, and other places around the world.
- St. Pierre Cathedral. Built in the 4th century, Cathédrale St-Pierre is not only an example of Gothic architecture but also an important hub for Reformed Christianity. Originally built as a Catholic church and later turned into a Calvinist one, it hosts the International Museum of Reformation but also doesn’t ignore its earlier roots — there is an archaeological site underneath it where visitors can go on a tour and learn about the church’s, and Geneva’s, history.
- Palace of Nations. Home to the United Nations office in Geneva (and the former headquarters of the League of Nations), it is one of the most impressive places in the city. Although it continues to fulfil its original purpose and hosts up to 1,000 international meetings and events per month, the palace is also open to visitors who can join a guided tour, visiting its spectacular Assembly Hall and the exhibitions hosted here.
- Jura Vaudois Nature Park. The majestic Alps are one of Switzerland’s trademarks. In the area of Geneva, this is best exemplified by the Jura Mountain range that makes up a large part of this nature park. Whether you go on a scenic drive to enjoy the views of the snow-capped peaks, follow one of the well-maintained hiking paths, or visit the medieval monasteries in the village of Romainmôtier, this is the right place to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city. Located just 45 km (28 miles) north of Geneva, the nature park can be reached in about 50 minutes by car.
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 98 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 50 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 39 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 64 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 51 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 67 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 53 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Zurich (274 km / 170 mi)
- Munich (581 km / 361 mi)
- Basel (251 km / 156 mi)
- Milan (337 km / 209 mi)
- Vienna (1,012 km / 629 mi)
- Dijon (265 km / 164 mi)
Geneva Airport (GVA)
- IATA: GVA
- ICAO: LSGG
- Name: Geneva Airport (GVA)
- Distance from the city centre: 2.5 miles / 4 km
Map of Car Hire Destinations
In which month is car hire at Geneva Airport the most affordable?
This information can help you determine the low season. But note that these prices are only averages. The cost of your hire is determined by the type of car you select, the length of time you hire it for and how much in advance you book. Simply type in your dates in the form at the top of the page in order to find out the exact prices.
What’s the usual hire length for renters at Geneva Airport?
Which time of year sees the highest demand for car hire at Geneva Airport?
Car Hire Information
|Popular suppliers||Alamo, Europcar, Geneva Rental Cars, Enterprise, SIXT|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, People Carriers|
|Lowest price||£ 39 per day|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Alamo||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Geneva Rental Cars||Volkswagen Up||3||2||Small cars|
|Europcar||Volkswagen Touran||5||2||People Carriers|
|Geneva Rental Cars||Volkswagen Polo||5||2||Small cars|
|Geneva Rental Cars||Volkswagen Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Geneva Rental Cars||Volkswagen Tiguan||5||3||SUVs|
|Budget||Seat Leon||4||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.