Car Hire at Geneva Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
The main city of the French-speaking part of Switzerland, Geneva is a world-known hub of politics, finance, and diplomacy. It comes as something of a surprise, then, that the city is also a great tourist destination. With an interesting history, lots of high-quality museums and galleries, and easy access to spectacular Swiss nature, Geneva is not going to disappoint. Here’s our pick of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Museum of Art and History. Located in an impressive building in Geneva City Centre, this is one of the best art museums in Switzerland. There are collections dedicated to the artworks of local Genevois artists such as Liotard and Töpffer, as well as internationally renowned masters like Rembrandt, Cezanne, and Modigliani. In addition, there are also collections of traditional art from Ancient Egypt (hosting a 2,900-year-old mummy), Classical Greece, and other places around the world.
- St. Pierre Cathedral. Built in the 4th century, Cathédrale St-Pierre is not only an example of Gothic architecture but also an important hub for Reformed Christianity. Originally built as a Catholic church and later turned into a Calvinist one, it hosts the International Museum of Reformation but also doesn’t ignore its earlier roots — there is an archaeological site underneath it where visitors can go on a tour and learn about the church’s, and Geneva’s, history.
- Palace of Nations. Home to the United Nations office in Geneva (and the former headquarters of the League of Nations), it is one of the most impressive places in the city. Although it continues to fulfil its original purpose and hosts up to 1,000 international meetings and events per month, the palace is also open to visitors who can join a guided tour, visiting its spectacular Assembly Hall and the exhibitions hosted here.
- Jura Vaudois Nature Park. The majestic Alps are one of Switzerland’s trademarks. In the area of Geneva, this is best exemplified by the Jura Mountain range that makes up a large part of this nature park. Whether you go on a scenic drive to enjoy the views of the snow-capped peaks, follow one of the well-maintained hiking paths, or visit the medieval monasteries in the village of Romainmôtier, this is the right place to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city. Located just 45 km (28 miles) north of Geneva, the nature park can be reached in about 50 minutes by car.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 50 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 45 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 46 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - starting at £ 92 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 43 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 86 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Zurich (274 km / 170 mi)
- Munich (581 km / 361 mi)
- Basel (251 km / 156 mi)
- Milan (337 km / 209 mi)
- Vienna (1,012 km / 629 mi)
- Dijon (265 km / 164 mi)
Geneva Airport (GVA)
- IATA: GVA
- ICAO: LSGG
- Name: Geneva Airport (GVA)
- Flights per year: 189,840
- Passengers (per year): 16,532,691
- Distance from the city centre: 2.5 miles / 4 km NW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 4 Destinations around Geneva Airport
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Geneva Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Geneva Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Geneva Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Alamo||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|SIXT||Renault Captur||4||1||Medium cars|
|Dollar||Volvo V40||4||3||Medium cars|
|Alamo||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Dollar||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||Ford Fiesta||2||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||Renault Clio||2||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||Ford Tourneo Custom||5||3||People Carriers/Vans|
|Alamo||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Europcar||VW Polo||5||2||Medium cars|