Car Rental at La Palma Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Not to be confused with Palma de Mallorca, little La Palma is one of the two westernmost Canary islands. Not as busy as Gran Canaria or Tenerife, it is notable for its serene atmosphere, as well as plenty of great hiking opportunities. These are a few of the island’s most notable attractions:
- El Roque de los Muchachos. It might be only two-thirds the height of Teide, Spain’s highest mountain on neighboring Tenerife, but at 2,423 m (7,950 feet), the Rock of the Boys is nonetheless an impressive place to visit. Easily accessible by car (albeit only during the day as the road closes for the night), it offers both a stunning mountain drive and awesome views from the top.
- Observatory. Not only the reason why the road to El Roque is closed at night, but La Palma’s space observatory is also one of the most interesting places to visit in all of the Canaries. Located near the peak of the mountain, it is notable both for its many large-scale telescopes and the significant research that is done there. A tour, which lasts about 90 minutes, needs to be booked in advance but is very much worth it.
- Caldera de Taburiente National Park. Encompassing not just El Roque, but a notable chunk of the island’s north, Caldera de Taburiente is a hiker’s paradise. Named after the large, canyon-like cauldron at its heart, it is known for its network of trails, Canary pine forests, volcanic formations, and a variety of bird species, many of which can only be found in the Canaries.
- Los Tilos. This 22-meter-high waterfall is accessible via a short hiking trail. The adventurous path leads along an open water channel. You will also cross two short tunnels. Around Los Tilos, you can marvel at the laurel forest of La Palma. Various hiking trails give you a closer look at the lush green nature.
- La Palma Maritime Museum. Naturally, La Palma is all about the outdoors, but those visitors who are so inclined will discover that it also has a number of enjoyable cultural institutions. Located on the island’s eastern coast, this small, but interesting museum (also called the Naval Museum) is dedicated to the importance that the Atlantic Ocean has had on the island’s commerce, lifestyle, and folklore.
- Tenerife. Situated southeast of La Palma and reachable by either plane or ferry (more on that below), Tenerife is one of the most famous destinations of the archipelago. Home to Mount Teide, the active volcano that’s the highest point in Spain, it is a hiking, water sport, and beach mecca.
After the volcanic eruption in 2021, traveling by car on La Palma is now possible again without restrictions. Newly built roads lead right through the newly created lava field. Seeing the aftermath of one of the most recent volcanic eruptions in history is something very special! A rental car is perfect for this.
Note: It is possible to take a ferry from La Palma to other islands in the Canaries, but it’s important to check the ferry schedule and book the tickets in advance — some routes are not active during the winter months, so you might need to either fly or take connecting ferry rides.
While it is possible to take a rental car on some ferries, many car rental suppliers don’t allow it, so it’s important to ask them in advance. An alternative plan can be to drop off your car in La Palma, go as a foot passenger, and then pick up a new rental car at your destination port.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $84 per day
- Station wagons - from $63 per day
- Large cars - from $34 per day
- Medium cars - from $31 per day
- Vans - from $60 per day
- Small cars - from $29 per day
- SUVs - from $36 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
La Palma Airport (SPC)
- IATA: SPC
- ICAO: GCLA
- Name: La Palma Airport (SPC)
- Distance from city: 5 miles / 8 km
Top 20 Locations near La Palma Airport
Car Rental in Downtown Playa de la Arena from $30.37 per day99.4 km / 61.8 miles away
Car Rental at Playa Paraiso Hard Rock Hotel from $47.90 per day110.7 km / 68.8 miles away
Car Rental at Playa Paraiso H10 Atlantic Sunset Hotel from $41.64 per day110.9 km / 68.9 miles away
Car Rental at Tenerife Adeje Hotel Bahia Principe from $44.95 per day111.1 km / 69.0 miles away
Car Rental at Tenerife Adeje GF Fanabe from $49.24 per day115.9 km / 72.0 miles away
Car Rental at Tenerife Adeje Isabel Family Hotel from $45.63 per day116.0 km / 72.1 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown Costa Adeje from $22.86 per day116.6 km / 72.5 miles away
Car Rental at Tenerife Adeje Troya Hotel from $39.67 per day117.5 km / 73.0 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown Playa de las Americas from $33.66 per day118.2 km / 73.4 miles away
Car Rental at Tenerife Los Cristianos Port from $28.62 per day119.6 km / 74.3 miles away
Car Rental at Puerto de la Cruz from $25.25 per day120.3 km / 74.8 miles away
Car Rental at Amarilla Golf Aguamarina Golf Hotel from $41.64 per day130.0 km / 80.8 miles away
Car Rental at Golf de Sur Fantasia Bahia Principe Hotel from $47.90 per day130.4 km / 81.0 miles away
Car Rental at Tenerife Airport South from $16.11 per day132.3 km / 82.2 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown El Medano from $41.64 per day135.5 km / 84.2 miles away
Car Rental at Tenerife North Airport from $10.61 per day138.8 km / 86.2 miles away
148.4 km / 92.2 miles away
Car Rental at Gran Canaria Airport from $8.40 per day243.8 km / 151.5 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown Costa Calma from $28.62 per day348.6 km / 216.6 miles away
Car Rental at Fuerteventura Airport from $18.66 per day380.4 km / 236.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at La Palma Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at La Palma Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at La Palma Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||TopCar, Thrifty, Turisprime, Budget, Keddy|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$29 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|TopCar||Citroen C3||5||1||Small cars|
|TopCar||Toyota Aygo||4||1||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Hyundai i10||3||1||Small cars|
|TopCar||Citroen C3 Aircross||5||3||Medium cars|
|Turisprime||Citroen C3||5||2||Small cars|
|Budget||Citroen C3||5||2||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
|TopCar||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Turisprime||Citroen C1||3||1||Small cars|
|TopCar||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.