Car Rental at Dunedin Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Known as one of the southernmost cities in the world, Dunedin is also among New Zealand’s most interesting urban destinations with plenty of history and culture going on. That being said, its main draw is the access it provides to the South Island’s majestic nature. These are three of the main attractions in and around it:
- Baldwin Street. One of Dunedin’s main attractions is actually a street! Located in the North East Valley area, Baldwin has been called the world’s steepest street. The Guinness Records agreed, making the status official in 1987. The street is open for car traffic, but those looking for a real challenge will try to walk (or climb) the 350 m (1,150 feet) to its top.
- Gasworks Museum. One of the most interesting in Dunedin, this museum is dedicated to the area’s industrial past. The old coal gasworks closed in the 1980s, and the complex was repurposed into a museum. Much of the old technology is on display here, including a number of stationary steam engines.
- Orokonui Ecosanctuary. Located just 30 minutes northeast of the city in the Blueskin Bay area, Orokonui is dedicated to the conservation of reptiles and birds native to this part of the South Island. The sanctuary is also home to the tallest tree in New Zealand. After visiting it, you can travel further to Warrington Beach, a popular surfing spot.
- Tunnel Beach. Tunnel Beach Walk provides spectacular coastal views, including a natural archway bridge. Check out the historic 1870s tunnel to a small but beautiful beach surrounded by towering cliffs. The walk takes about two hours, and the beach is located around a ten-minute drive away from the center of Dunedin. It’s one of the most beautiful beaches on the South Island of New Zealand.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $24 per day
- Medium cars - from $23 per day
- Vans - from $303 per day
- Premium cars - from $139 per day
- Small cars - from $23 per day
- SUVs - from $33 per day
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Queenstown (257 km / 160 mi)
- Invercargill (183 km / 114 mi)
- Christchurch (389 km / 242 mi)
Dunedin Airport (DUD)
- IATA: DUD
- ICAO: NZDN
- Name: Dunedin Airport (DUD)
- Distance from city: 12.4 miles / 20 km
Top 20 Locations near Dunedin Airport
Car Rental at Queenstown Airport from $29.22 per day152.1 km / 94.5 miles away
Car Rental at Invercargill Airport from $62.02 per day154.7 km / 96.1 miles away
Car Rental at Christchurch Airport from $25.92 per day328.0 km / 203.8 miles away
Car Rental in Christchurch (Downtown) from $29.31 per day328.3 km / 204.0 miles away
Car Rental at Nelson Airport from $49.34 per day568.9 km / 353.5 miles away
Car Rental at Wellington Airport from $26.46 per day631.3 km / 392.3 miles away
Car Rental in Wellington (Downtown) from $29.55 per day632.7 km / 393.1 miles away
Car Rental at Wellington Inter Island Ferry Terminal from $62.44 per day636.2 km / 395.3 miles away
Car Rental at Palmerston North Airport from $42.99 per day762.1 km / 473.5 miles away
Car Rental at New Plymouth Airport from $41.82 per day835.1 km / 518.9 miles away
Car Rental at Napier Airport from $36.94 per day901.1 km / 559.9 miles away
Car Rental at Rotorua Airport from $35.07 per day1004.6 km / 624.2 miles away
Car Rental at Tauranga Airport from $43.66 per day1043.1 km / 648.2 miles away
Car Rental at Auckland Airport from $27.89 per day1062.1 km / 660.0 miles away
Car Rental in Auckland Onehunga from $58.07 per day1071.1 km / 665.6 miles away
Car Rental in Auckland Henderson from $27.63 per day1071.6 km / 665.9 miles away
Car Rental in Auckland Penrose from $58.99 per day1072.4 km / 666.4 miles away
Car Rental in Auckland East Tamaki from $27.63 per day1072.4 km / 666.4 miles away
Car Rental in Auckland Mount Wellington from $58.07 per day1074.4 km / 667.6 miles away
Car Rental in Auckland (Downtown) from $27.63 per day1078.5 km / 670.1 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Dunedin Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Dunedin Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Dunedin Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Go Rentals, Ezi Car Rental, Hertz, yesaway, Moto|
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Medium cars, Small cars, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$23 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Go Rentals||Toyota Corolla||5||1||Medium cars|
|Ezi Car Rental||Toyota Yaris Cross||4||2||Small cars|
|Go Rentals||Toyota Corolla Sedan||4||2||Large cars|
|Hertz||Hyundai i30||5||2||Medium cars|
|Moto||Toyota Corolla||5||2||Medium cars|
|Alamo||Toyota Corolla||5||2||Medium cars|
|Ezi Car Rental||Toyota Corolla||5||1||Medium cars|
|yesaway||Toyota Corolla||4||3||Large cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.