Car Rental at Vilnius Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of Lithuania, Vilnius has become an increasingly popular tourist destination. Offering a blend of rich history and active cultural life, it is one of the most sophisticated cities in the region. Here are three of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Vilnius Cathedral. Perhaps the most notable church in Lithuania, a country where Catholicism plays an important part of national identity, Vilnius Cathedral was first built in the 13th century. Several times restored and rebuilt, it acquired its present look in the late 18th century and is a notable example of Neoclassical architecture.
- Palace of the Grand Dukes. Although a fairly small country in the present day, Lithuania was once an important European duchy that stretched all the way from the Baltic Sea to the Black Sea. After several turbulent centuries, the palace was destroyed in 1801, but its symbolic importance remained for Lithuanians, so it was rebuilt in the early 21st century to resemble its original form. Not just a single building, the palace is a large complex that’s great for sightseeing and exploring.
- Kaunas. The other big city of Lithuania and the rival of Vilnius, Kaunas has a markedly different atmosphere, but is no less interesting to explore. Its well-preserved Old Town, interesting architecture like St. Gertrude Church, and green spaces like Nemunas Island Park make it a worthwhile day trip from the capital. Located about 100 km (62 miles) northwest of Vilnius, Kaunas can be reached in 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $73 per day
- Station wagons - from $12 per day
- Large cars - from $10 per day
- Medium cars - from $10 per day
- Vans - from $62 per day
- Premium cars - from $53 per day
- Small cars - from $9 per day
- SUVs - from $12 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Tallinn (603 km / 375 mi). During the last decade the capital of Estonia’s popularity as a tourism destination has been growing at a rapid pace. The city is increasingly beloved for its fairy tale old town, hip coastal neighborhoods, and proximity to nature areas. To travel from Lithuania to Estonia or any other foreign destination, you’ll have to cross at least one international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Riga (296 km / 184 mi). The capital of Latvia and the largest city of the Baltics has its fair share of attractions for a visitor to enjoy. These include the spectacular Art Nouveau (or Jugendstil) architecture, many unique museums, and active cultural life.
- Kaunas (104 km / 64 mi). The second city of Lithuania is sometimes seen as the rival of Vilnius, but that doesn’t mean you cannot enjoy both of them! Among the attractions of Kaunas are the Kaunas castle, Kaunas Medicine and Pharmacy Museum, and scenic walks along Nemunas river.
- Palanga (331 km / 206 mi). A small city on the Baltic coast, Palanga is near a large number of beautiful Baltic beaches. Even if you’re visiting during the colder months of the year, the coastline remains picturesque and is worth exploring.
- Klaipėda (308 km / 191 mi). The neighboring city of Palanga, Klaipeda has its own share of nice beaches and can also serve as an entry point for exploring the Curonian Spit, a unique geographic and cultural region that borders Russia’s Kaliningrad.
- Daugavpils (181 km / 112 mi). Although historically not thought of as a travel destination, Latvia’s second city has recently been attracting visitors for near and far. The reasons are the unique Daugavpils Fortress area that’s being rapidly reconstructed, museum of world famous, Daugavpils-born artist Mark Rothko, and quirky smaller attractions like the Daugavpils Shot Factory and Moonshine Museum.
Vilnius Airport (VNO)
- IATA: VNO
- ICAO: EYVI
- Name: Vilnius Airport (VNO)
- Distance from city: 3.7 miles / 6 km
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Vilnius Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Vilnius Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Vilnius Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||GreenMotion, TOPRENT Lithuania, SIXT, Alamo, Thrifty|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$9 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|GreenMotion||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Volkswagen Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|GreenMotion||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Toyota C-HR||4||1||Medium cars|
|Alamo||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Volkswagen Jetta||5||3||Large cars|
|Alamo||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|TOPRENT Lithuania||Hyundai i20||5||2||Small cars|
|SIXT||VW Golf Aut.||5||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.