Car Rental at Donegal Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Airport Car Rental
The northernmost and most remote of all the counties, Donegal is sometimes forgotten by visitors of the Republic of Ireland. Those who choose not to overlook it, however, will find a region of stunning coastline, strong cultural heritage, and plenty of hospitality. These are three of County Donegal’s most interesting attractions:
- Letterkenny. A lot of people, including some locals, will tell you that Donegal’s largest town is not an especially notable place and can best be used as a hub for exploring the rest of the region. But while the second part of the statement is true, there’s also plenty to see in Letterkenny if you’re ready to scratch beneath the surface. Attractions include the impressive St. Eunan’s Cathedral, the County Museum, and the historical Corn and Flax Mills.
- Glenveagh National Park. The second-largest national park in Ireland, Glenveagh is the main natural attraction of Donegal. The Derryveagh Mountains, which make up most of the park’s landscape, are home to the red deer and golden eagle, as well as a wealth of local flora. Meanwhile, Glenveagh Castle — the most notable building in the area — is known for its palatial gardens where many unique plant species from abroad can be found.
- Doagh Famine Village. Located in the northernmost part of Donegal, Doagh explains the Great Famine and the repercussions it had for the people of Ireland. The historical lesson is grim, but there’s also plenty to learn about Irish history, traditions, and the spirit of perseverance of the local people. Visit the village’s website to learn more. Doagh is near Five Finger Strand, a scenic beach known for its towering sand dunes.
Most popular types of rental car
- Small cars - from $36 per day
- SUVs - from $41 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Sligo (134 km / 83 mi)
- Derry (91 km / 56 mi)
- Belfast (216 km / 134 mi)
- Dublin (288 km / 189 mi)
- Galway (273 km / 169 mi)
- Glasgow (402 km / 250 mi)
Donegal Airport (CFN)
- IATA: CFN
- ICAO: EIDL
- Name: Donegal Airport (CFN)
- Distance from city: 2.5 miles / 4 km
Top 5 Locations near Donegal Airport
Car Rental at Knock Airport from $13.81 per day129.8 km / 80.7 miles away
Car Rental at Dublin Airport from $9.04 per day225.1 km / 139.9 miles away
Car Rental at Shannon Airport from $8.84 per day263.2 km / 163.5 miles away
Car Rental at Kerry Airport from $17.94 per day327.8 km / 203.7 miles away
Car Rental at Cork Airport from $9.15 per day356.3 km / 221.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Donegal Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Donegal Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Donegal Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Small cars|
|Lowest price||$36 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Enterprise||Ford Fiesta||3||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.