Car Rental Ireland
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Ireland?
Republic of Ireland is a great place to rent a car in. From cities like Dublin, Cork, and Galway to cozy villages, long sea coast and beautiful nature areas, its great diversity is best explored with the freedom of having your own ride.
Top ways to enter Ireland
- Dublin Airport: Ireland’s largest airport serves flights to and from many destinations in Europe, as well as in North America, Asia, and Africa.
- Knock Airport: Popular with low-cost carriers, Knock Airport is an entry point for Northwest Ireland.
Cork Airport: The airport of Ireland’s second city mainly hosts flights to and from United Kingdom and Western Europe.
- By land: It might also be possible to rent a car in Northern Ireland, part of the United Kingdom, and then drive to Republic of Ireland. Large airports in United Kingdom near Republic of Ireland are Belfast International Airport, Belfast City Airport, and Derry Airport.
Top cities and places to visit
- Dublin: At once the epitome of Irish culture and the most modern place in the country, Dublin is a fascinating destination to visit.
- Galway: Small, but hip and full of life, Galway is one of the most fun destinations in Ireland.
- Cork: Its first settlement dating back to the 6th Century, Cork is a place of interesting architecture and distinct atmosphere.
- Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim. These counties may be be small, but they have beaches, hills, lakes, and other natural beauty in abundance.
- The West: In some ways, Western Ireland is the most traditional part of the country. Bordering Atlantic Ocean and full of interesting traditions, it is a place where Irish language is still spoken on a daily basis. In paticular County Donegal, with it's largest city Letterkenney, is worth a visit.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Republic of Ireland is the VW Polo, followed by the Toyota Corolla and the Ford Fiesta.
Republic of Ireland is bordered by Northern Ireland that is part of the United Kingdom. As of December 2018, both countries are part of the Common Travel Area and the border control is not enforced. Citizens of the member states of European Economic Area can enter both countries without a visa.
Citizens of some other countries may be permitted to visit Republic of Ireland, but might need a separate visa to visit the United Kingdom. We advise you to get in touch with your Ministry of Foreign Affairs to find out whether you need a visa to visit United Kingdom.
Some car rental providers allow you to cross national borders and even drop off your car in a different country, while others don’t. If you’d like to cross a national border during your rental period, make sure to check the terms and conditions before booking a car. Learn more about cross-border rentals in our FAQ section.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in Ireland is an Intermediate, but Compact and Economy are also frequently picked by travelers.
Top driving routes
- Dublin - Belfast (166 km / 103 mi) You can do the road between the capital of Ireland and the capital of Northern Ireland in just over two hours. Note that you’ll have to cross a national border, so check with your rental car provider first to make sure they permit it.
- Galway - Dublin (209 km / 130 mi) The route between these two cities crosses the entire Ireland from east to west, taking you from the Atlantic Ocean to the Irish Sea.
- Kerry - Cork (104 km / 64 mi) Kerry International Airport is just 90 minute drive away from Ireland’s second city.
Car Rental Prices
- Station wagons - from $64 per day
- Large cars - from $51 per day
- Medium cars - from $42 per day
- People Carriers / Vans - from $161 per day
- Premium cars - from $130 per day
- Small cars - from $34 per day
- SUVs - from $70 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Ireland:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Republic of Ireland is the cheapest in January when renting a car is nearly 50% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 13 Most Popular Cities in Ireland
Car Rental in Dublin from $8.22 per day
Car Rental in Cork from $9.92 per day
Car Rental in Shannon from $9.92 per day
Car Rental in Knock from $13.24 per day
Car Rental in Kerry from $11.38 per day
Car Rental in Donegal from $37.79 per day
Car Rental in Galway from $23.93 per day
Car Rental in Naas from $29.07 per day
Car Rental in Mullingar from $42.52 per day
Car Rental in Letterkenny from $41.34 per day
Car Rental in Kilkenny from $28.35 per day
Car Rental in Sligo from $28.35 per day
Car Rental in Athlone from $28.35 per day
Top 17 Most Popular Locations in Ireland
Car Rental at Dublin Airport from $8.22 per day
Car Rental at Cork Airport from $9.92 per day
Car Rental at Shannon Airport from $9.92 per day
Car Rental at Knock Airport from $13.24 per day
Car Rental at Kerry Airport from $11.38 per day
Car Rental at Dublin, Downtown from $8.28 per day
Car Rental at Donegal Airport from $37.79 per day
Car Rental at Galway, Downtown from $23.93 per day
Car Rental at Naas, Downtown from $29.07 per day
Car Rental at Cork, Downtown from $25.41 per day
Car Rental at Mullingar Downtown from $42.52 per day
Car Rental at Letterkenny, Downtown from $41.34 per day
Car Rental at Kilkenny, Downtown from $28.35 per day
Car Rental at Sligo, Downtown from $28.35 per day
Car Rental at Athlone, Downtown from $28.35 per day
Car Rental at Cavan, Downtown from $28.35 per day
Car Rental at Tralee, Downtown from $22.21 per day
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Ireland?
What’s the average rental length in Ireland?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Ireland?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Budget||VW Polo||3||1||Small cars|
|Budget||Toyota Corolla||5||2||Large cars|
|Budget||Renault Clio||4||2||Medium cars|
|Budget||Ford Ka||2||1||Small cars|
|Easirent||Ford Focus||5||4||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Easirent||Fiat 500||3||2||Small cars|
|Budget||VW Up||5||1||Small cars|
|Budget||Toyota Avensis||4||1||Large cars|
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 7 Suppliers for Ireland in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email