Car Rental at Edmonton Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Known as the oil capital of Canada, this affluent Albertan city is sometimes overlooked for its southern neighbor, Calgary, but can be a very rewarding travel destination. While a big draw is, of course, the access Edmonton provides to Canada’s stunning nature, the city itself also has plenty to see and do. Here are three such suggestions:
- The Art Gallery of Alberta. Many modern structures get labeled futuristic and unique, but if there’s one building deserving of these monikers, it’s Edmonton’s own Art Gallery. Slightly resembling the melting forms of Gaudi’s architecture in Barcelona, the redeveloped museum was opened in 2010. The art collections you can find inside are very much worth your attention, too.
- Muttart Conservatory. Known for its distinct greenhouses and pyramids, Muttart is Edmonton’s main botanic garden. In addition to plants native to the North Saskatchewan River valley, there is fauna from places as far away as Australia and East Asia. Easily accessible, the conservatory is in South Central Edmonton and provides free parking for visitors.
- Elk Island National Park. Banff and Jasper are the two most famous national parks in Alberta. Located only a four-hour drive from Edmonton (to the south and west, respectively), they are definitely worth a visit. If your time is limited, however, a good alternative is the much closer Elk Island which is only half an hour’s drive to the east. Known for its active role in the conservation of plains bison, the park is also home to moose, porcupines, pelicans, and many other species of wildlife.
Top international routes
- Las Vegas, NV
- Seattle, WA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Minneapolis, MN
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Denver, Colorado
- Houston, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- Cancun, Mexico
- Palm Springs, CA
Other airlines include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Delta, Iceland Air, KLM, and United Airlines.
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $48 per day
- Medium cars - from $47 per day
- Vans - from $82 per day
- Premium cars - from $58 per day
- Small cars - from $47 per day
- SUVs - from $64 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
There is a Renaissance Hotel on the grounds of the airport that is directly connected to the check-in area of the terminal. Other hotels at lower price points can be found a short drive away from the airport. Many of them offer free shuttle service, too.
The gates for U.S.-bound flights are separate from the rest of the terminal. The selection of facilities such as restaurants in this area is more limited. There is a duty-free shop on the way to the gates, though. There is also a currency exchange booth.
The airport has three lounges. One is an Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge. The others are Plaza Premium Lounges, one in the main part of the terminal and the other in the area of the US gates.
Nearest gas station
If you have a Costco membership, you can fill up at the Costco located right off of Airport Road just after you pass highway 2. As usual, Costco has lower prices for gas than nearby stations.
Popular one-way rentals
- Calgary (300 km / 186 mi). The site of the 1988 Winter Olympics and the largest city in Alberta, Calgary is a great travel destination. Some of the city’s most famous landmarks include the Calgary Tower, Stampede Trail, Glenbow Museum, and Calgary Chinatown. Calgary can also be a great base from where to access some of Alberta’s most impressive nature areas such as Banff National Park and Lake Louise
- Saskatoon (525 km / 326 mi). The largest city of neighboring Saskatchewan, Saskatoon might not have the same amount of attractions as Edmonton, Vancouver, and Toronto, but can nonetheless be a lovely place to visit. Travelers love the Prairie Wind installation, Western Development Museum, and the scenic Meewasin Trail.
- Vancouver (1,160 km / 720 mi). A long trip away, but endlessly appealing, Canada’s third city is an awesome place to visit. Thousands travel to Vancouver every year to see the Stanley Park, the coastal mountains and the city’s beaches orexperience the atmosphere of a Canucks game, the local ice hockey team, or to enjoy the view from the top of Grouse Mountain.
- Grand Prairie (458 km / 284 mi). Even further north than Edmonton, Grand Prairie is a small, but interesting Albertan city. Art lovers enjoy visiting the Art Gallery of Grand Prairie, and Grant Berg Gallery while history enthusiasts can’t get enough of the Grand Prairie Museum & Heritage Village and Phillip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum.
- Banff (414 km / 257 mi). Located in the Canadian Rocky Mountains and surrounded by the natural park of the same name, Banff is a winter sports and outdoor paradise. From snowboarding and skiing in winter to canoeing or hiking in the summer or taking a gondola to the mountaintop, Banff has something for everyone to enjoy.
- Winnipeg (1,305 km / 811 mi). The hometown of Neil Young, Manitoba's capital is a lively and culturally diverse place. Some of its attractions include the Winnipeg Art Gallery, the unique Graffiti Museum, Urban Shaman Contemporary Aboriginal Art Center, and the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. Winnipeg is also near the Grand Beach Provincial Park on the banks of Lake Winnipeg.
Edmonton Airport (YEG)
- IATA: YEG
- ICAO: CYEG
- Name: Edmonton Airport (YEG)
- Distance from city: 5 miles / 8 km
Top 20 Locations near Edmonton Airport
Car Rental at Calgary Airport from $44.63 per day246.0 km / 152.9 miles away
Car Rental in Calgary (Downtown) from $44.59 per day254.4 km / 158.1 miles away
Car Rental at Saskatoon Airport from $45.97 per day480.0 km / 298.3 miles away
Car Rental at Kelowna Airport from $59.00 per day546.7 km / 339.7 miles away
Car Rental at Kamloops Airport from $48.46 per day551.8 km / 342.9 miles away
Car Rental at Prince George Airport from $51.94 per day603.5 km / 375.0 miles away
Car Rental at Regina International Airport from $59.00 per day689.9 km / 428.7 miles away
Car Rental at Abbotsford International Airport from $53.39 per day774.9 km / 481.5 miles away
Car Rental in Vancouver (Downtown) from $44.59 per day799.0 km / 496.5 miles away
Car Rental at Vancouver Airport from $41.82 per day809.1 km / 502.8 miles away
Car Rental at Victoria International Airport from $45.84 per day861.3 km / 535.2 miles away
Car Rental at Comox Valley Airport from $165.08 per day877.6 km / 545.3 miles away
Car Rental at Winnipeg Airport from $44.59 per day1186.8 km / 737.4 miles away
Car Rental at Thunder Bay International Airport from $59.00 per day1779.4 km / 1105.7 miles away
Car Rental at Windsor International Airport from $59.00 per day2568.1 km / 1595.7 miles away
Car Rental at Toronto Airport from $24.78 per day2689.1 km / 1670.9 miles away
2702.1 km / 1679.0 miles away
Car Rental in Toronto (Downtown) from $24.78 per day2703.8 km / 1680.1 miles away
Car Rental at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport from $59.00 per day2707.7 km / 1682.5 miles away
Car Rental at Ottawa Airport from $59.00 per day2849.4 km / 1770.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Edmonton Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Edmonton Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Edmonton Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Hertz, Thrifty, Alamo, Avis, National|
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Large cars, Vans, Premium cars|
|Lowest price||$47 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Avis||Hyundai Elantra||4||2||Large cars|
|Hertz||Dodge Grand Caravan||5||3||Vans|
|Thrifty||Dodge Charger||4||4||Premium cars|
|Alamo||Kia Forte||4||3||Large cars|
|Hertz||Toyota Corolla||4||3||Large cars|
|Alamo||Chevrolet Spark||3||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.