Car Rental at Guarulhos Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The main entry point of São Paulo for international visitors, Guarulhos Airport handles about 35 million travelers every year. Named after the suburb in which it is located, the airport is about an hour’s drive northeast of central São Paulo, providing easy access to Brazil’s largest city. The airport is also known as Governador André Franco Montoro International Airport and Cumbica Airport. The busiest in Brazil, it is not to be confused with the much smaller Congonhas Airport and Viracopos Airport, both of which also serve the wider São Paulo area.
Top international routes
- Buenos Aires
- New York City
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $16 per day
- Medium cars - from $13 per day
- Vans - from $63 per day
- Premium cars - from $56 per day
- Small cars - from $13 per day
- SUVs - from $38 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Rio de Janeiro (429 km / 266 mi). Brazil’s second city is often seen as the rival of Sao Paulo, so it’s up to you to compare the two and decide which one you prefer. The city is home to many cultural institutions, but its famous beaches like Ipanema and Copacabana are just as iconic.
- Belo Horizonte (594 km / 369 mi). The capital of Minas Gerais state, Belo Horizonte has plenty for a traveler to enjoy. In addition to many large parks and public gardens, the city’s landmarks include the Museum of Arts and Crafts and the unique São Francisco de Assis Church.
- Curitiba (435 km / 270 mi). The capital of the southern state of Paraná, Curitiba is known as one of the best and greenest Brazilian cities to live in and one of the country’s innovation hubs. The city has many things to see and do, but visiting Capão da Imbuia Wood/Natural History Museum would be a highlight of any visit to Curitiba.
- Campinas (117 km / 73 mi). Located in the Sao Paulo state, Campinas is sometimes overlooked as a travel destination in favor of its larger and more famous neighbor. Those who do venture to this bustling city are rewarded with interesting architecture, Campinas Planetarium, and Bosque dos Jequitibás, a rainforest within the city.
- Porto Alegre (1,163 km / 722 mi). Located in the far south of the country, the classy city of Porto Alegre has been heavily influenced by its Portuguese, German, and Italian inhabitants and by the Gaúcho culture that it shares with neighboring Argentina and Uruguay.
- Asuncion (1,367 km / 849 mi). The capital of Paraguay, Asuncion is yet to be discovered by the masses of international tourists. A proud and relatively untouched place, it is home to large public squares, indigenous Guarani cultural centers, and nearby national parks. To go from Brazil to Paraguay, you’ll have to cross the international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it (also, find out whether you need a visa to enter either country).
Guarulhos Airport (GRU)
- IATA: GRU
- ICAO: SBGR
- Name: Guarulhos Airport (GRU)
- Distance from city: 13 miles / 21 km
Top 20 Locations near Guarulhos Airport
Car Rental at Sao Paulo Airport Congonhas from $12.96 per day28.9 km / 18.0 miles away
Car Rental at Rio de Janeiro Airport Galeao from $14.14 per day336.8 km / 209.3 miles away
Car Rental at Rio de Janeiro Airport Santos Dumont from $14.94 per day342.9 km / 213.1 miles away
Car Rental at Curitiba Airport from $12.96 per day359.6 km / 223.4 miles away
Car Rental at Belo Horizonte Airport from $17.35 per day475.7 km / 295.6 miles away
Car Rental at Confins Airport from $13.56 per day495.3 km / 307.8 miles away
Car Rental at Florianopolis Airport from $12.62 per day515.3 km / 320.2 miles away
Car Rental at Maringa Airport from $17.60 per day565.8 km / 351.6 miles away
Car Rental at Vitoria Airport from $13.19 per day729.4 km / 453.2 miles away
Car Rental at Goiania Airport from $13.38 per day808.8 km / 502.6 miles away
Car Rental at Foz do Iguacu Airport from $16.66 per day845.9 km / 525.6 miles away
Car Rental at Brasilia Airport from $17.53 per day854.3 km / 530.8 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Alegre Airport from $11.16 per day866.1 km / 538.2 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Seguro Airport from $17.85 per day1095.5 km / 680.7 miles away
Car Rental at Salvador Airport from $13.56 per day1450.9 km / 901.5 miles away
Car Rental at Maceio Airport from $13.82 per day1919.4 km / 1192.7 miles away
Car Rental at Recife Airport from $12.47 per day2100.3 km / 1305.1 miles away
Car Rental at Natal Airport from $13.19 per day2288.8 km / 1422.2 miles away
Car Rental at Fortaleza Airport from $13.76 per day2346.1 km / 1457.8 miles away
Car Rental at Belem Airport from $20.51 per day2461.7 km / 1529.6 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Guarulhos Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Guarulhos Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Guarulhos Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Localiza, Foco, Movida, Unidas, Enterprise|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Large cars, Medium cars|
|Lowest price||$13 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Foco||VW Gol||4||2||Medium cars|
|Foco||Fiat Mobi||4||2||Small cars|
|Foco||Renault Logan||4||3||Large cars|
|Localiza||Fiat Mobi||2||2||Small cars|
|Localiza||Fiat Mobi||2||2||Small cars|
|Foco||Chevrolet Onix||4||2||Medium cars|
|Localiza||Volkswagen Gol||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.