Car Rental at Guarulhos Airport
500+ Trusted Suppliers:
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Fiat Mobi or similar
$17.06 per day
Peugeot 208 or similar
$22.37 per day
Hyundai HB20s or similar
$28.92 per day
Fiat Argo or similar
$29.29 per day
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Volkswagen Virtus or similar
$86.62 / per day
Citroen C4 or similar
$122.35 / per day
Jeep Renegade or similar
$53.21 / per day
Volkswagen Saveiro or similar
$60.37 / per day
The above prices are only approximate and were last updated at 17:24 on 2023-03-24. Prices may vary based on the booking dates, length of rental, and car class.
Why book with us?
As a market leader (see SimilarWeb), we get special offers like contactless pick-ups, great prices, and free upgrades.
World's Leading Car Rental Booking Website in the World Travel Tech Awards (3 years in a row).
A combined rating of 4.5 with 90k total reviews on platforms like Trustpilot, Google, and Review Center.
Have already booked on one of the fastest-growing car rental booking websites.
Average car rental price
$52.52 / per day
Average car rental length
Speed limit within town
40 - 60 km/h
25 - 37 mph
Speed limit out of town
60 - 80 km/h
37 - 50 mph
Acceptable limit of BAC
Average gasoline price
$1.25 / 1 liter
Highest gasoline price
$1.33 / 1 liter
Lowest gasoline price
$0.95 / 1 liter
Airport Car Rental
São Paulo–Guarulhos Airport is also known as Guarulhos–Governador André Franco Montoro International Airport, Cumbica Airport and Aeroporto Internacional de São Paulo/Guarulhos–Governador André Franco Montoro.
Top international routes
- New York City
- Buenos Aires
LATAM Brasil, Gol Linhas Aéreas, Avianca Brazil, Azul Brazilian Airlines, United Airlines, and TAP Air Portugal
Of the three passenger terminals, T2 (the orange terminal) and T3 (the magenta terminal) are connected to each other by a walkway, while both are connected to the much smaller T1 (the blue terminal) by a free shuttle bus. The numbering system of the terminals and gates was changed in 2015, but some online resources still refer to the old system. Make sure to follow the current system!
São Paulo–Guarulhos Airport is about 28 km (17.3 mi) northeast of downtown São Paulo. BR-610, Rod. Ayrton Senna, Av. Morvan Dias de Figueiredo, and Av. Salim Farah Maluf are the main roads connecting the airport to the city center.
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $69 per day
- Large cars - from $61 per day
- Medium cars - from $37 per day
- Vans - from $92 per day
- Small cars - from $42 per day
- SUVs - from $59 per day
Car rental desks
Many are in the T2 and T3 arrivals halls. The exact location of your car rental provider's desk will be listed on your Confirmation Voucher.
Services and facilities
You’ll find coffee shops, bars, fast food outlets, and full-service restaurants, as well as many shops, including duty-free outlets, in both T2 and T3. There are also ATMs, currency exchanges, an on-site hotel, sleeping cabins, pharmacies, a first aid center, baby changing facilities in all three terminals, a massage salon, a manicure salon, a hair salon, a luggage wrapping service, an observation deck, and a post office. Luggage lockers are located in the T2 and T3 arrivals halls.
Nearest gas station
Posto Shell gas station, with the same address as the airport, is located at the entrance/exit of the airport complex and can be reached in about three minutes. However, travelers don’t give this station a high rating. Better-rated gas stations include Petrobras Serodio Auto Desk at Av. Candéa, 21 - Cidade Serodio, Guarulhos - SP, which can be reached in about 15 minutes. There are also many other gas stations near São Paulo–Guarulhos Airport and on the way to the city.
Popular one-way rentals
- Rio de Janeiro (429 km / 266 mi). Brazil’s second city is often seen as the rival of Sao Paulo, so it’s up to you to compare the two and decide which one you prefer. The city is home to many cultural institutions, but its famous beaches like Ipanema and Copacabana are just as iconic.
- Belo Horizonte (594 km / 369 mi). The capital of Minas Gerais state, Belo Horizonte has plenty for a traveler to enjoy. In addition to many large parks and public gardens, the city’s landmarks include the Museum of Arts and Crafts and the unique São Francisco de Assis Church.
- Curitiba (435 km / 270 mi). The capital of the southern state of Paraná, Curitiba is known as one of the best and greenest Brazilian cities to live in and one of the country’s innovation hubs. The city has many things to see and do, but visiting Capão da Imbuia Wood/Natural History Museum would be a highlight of any visit to Curitiba.
- Campinas (117 km / 73 mi). Located in the Sao Paulo state, Campinas is sometimes overlooked as a travel destination in favor of its larger and more famous neighbor. Those who do venture to this bustling city are rewarded with interesting architecture, Campinas Planetarium, and Bosque dos Jequitibás, a rainforest within the city.
- Porto Alegre (1,163 km / 722 mi). Located in the far south of the country, the classy city of Porto Alegre has been heavily influenced by its Portuguese, German, and Italian inhabitants and by the Gaúcho culture that it shares with neighboring Argentina and Uruguay.
- Asuncion (1,367 km / 849 mi). The capital of Paraguay, Asuncion is yet to be discovered by the masses of international tourists. A proud and relatively untouched place, it is home to large public squares, indigenous Guarani cultural centers, and nearby national parks. To go from Brazil to Paraguay, you’ll have to cross the international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it (also, find out whether you need a visa to enter either country).
Guarulhos Airport (GRU)
- IATA: GRU
- ICAO: SBGR
- Name: Guarulhos Airport (GRU)
- Size: Large Airport
- Passengers (per year): 36,596,326
- Distance from city: 13 miles / 21 km NE of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 20 Locations near Guarulhos Airport
Car Rental in Sao Paulo Tatuape from $69.54 per day9.4 km / 5.8 miles away
Car Rental at Sao Paulo Airport Congonhas from $18.27 per day22.6 km / 14.1 miles away
Car Rental at Rio de Janeiro Airport Galeao from $16.68 per day343.6 km / 213.5 miles away
Car Rental at Rio de Janeiro Airport Santos Dumont from $17.80 per day349.7 km / 217.3 miles away
Car Rental at Curitiba Airport from $19.93 per day352.9 km / 219.3 miles away
Car Rental at Contagem Carrefour from $57.17 per day465.5 km / 289.2 miles away
Car Rental at Belo Horizonte Airport from $62.08 per day481.7 km / 299.3 miles away
Car Rental at Confins Airport from $16.24 per day501.3 km / 311.5 miles away
Car Rental at Florianopolis Airport from $15.08 per day510.0 km / 316.9 miles away
Car Rental at Maringa Airport from $17.70 per day559.4 km / 347.6 miles away
Car Rental in Lages Sagrado Coracao de Jesus from $26.89 per day614.8 km / 382.0 miles away
Car Rental at Vitoria Airport from $16.68 per day736.4 km / 457.6 miles away
Car Rental at Goiania Airport from $17.78 per day809.4 km / 502.9 miles away
Car Rental at Foz do Iguacu Airport from $17.08 per day838.9 km / 521.3 miles away
Car Rental at Brasilia Airport from $22.69 per day856.2 km / 532.0 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Alegre Airport from $16.44 per day860.2 km / 534.5 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Seguro Airport from $19.59 per day1102.1 km / 684.8 miles away
Car Rental in Salvador Pernambues from $50.88 per day1443.6 km / 897.0 miles away
Car Rental at Salvador Airport from $17.78 per day1457.1 km / 905.4 miles away
Car Rental at Maceio Airport from $17.78 per day1925.7 km / 1196.6 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Guarulhos Airport?
The cost of renting a car at Guarulhos Airport depends on the time of year. This graph compares month-to-month price changes to help you find the best deal.
Average Rental Price at Guarulhos Airport
The cheapest time of the year to rent a vehicle at Guarulhos Airport is February when prices for an Economy class start from $22.99. You can see that this is 20% cheaper than the yearly average and 39% cheaper than renting a car in December (when rental prices start at $37.67 for a Compact class). Knowing this can help you find the best price. But remember that these are just average numbers. The exact cost of your rental will depend on your rental length and on how far in advance you book the car. Enter your travel dates at the top of the page to see exact prices and offers!
What’s the most frequent rental length at Guarulhos Airport?
Travel length differs from one month to another: in June the average rental period is 17 days, while in April, the average rental period is only 11 days.
Average Rental Length
Which is the busiest month for car rental at Guarulhos Airport?
Travelers are most likely to rent a car at Guarulhos Airport in December, while they are least likely to to rent in in May.
Popularity by Monthly Searches
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Localiza, Movida, Foco, Unidas, Alamo|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Large cars, Medium cars|
|Lowest price||$17 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Foco||VW Gol||4||2||Medium cars|
|Localiza||Fiat Mobi||4||2||Small cars|
|Foco||Renault Logan||4||3||Large cars|
|Foco||Fiat Mobi||4||2||Small cars|
|Localiza||Volkswagen Gol||4||2||Small cars|
|Movida||Fiat Mobi Like||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.
February 22, 2023
we drove many places in Brazil and we had fun and conveince in our had to take it easy the way we like
January 28, 2023
Visiting family and friends
March 11, 2020
The desk was tucked away on the ground floor, but relatively well signed. The hire cars are kept in the multi-storey car park nearest to arrivals, a very short walk away. On return to the airport it was a bit unclear which lane to go in to return the car, but there were limited options so i
January 10, 2019
fast and good price
Car Rental Statistics
Highest rated company
9.24 / 10
Lowest rated company
7.42 / 10
Total number of reviews
Total rental companies
Average daily price
Lowest daily price
Total cars available
Top 8 Suppliers at Guarulhos Airport in 2023
Rod Helio Smidt, S/N, Jd Cumbica
$28 - $81
Rod Helio Smidt
SP-019, 2016 - Aeroporto Guarulhos - SP 07190-100
$23 - $60
Rod Helio Smidt,
$54 - $100
Rod. Hélio Smidt, s/nº - Aeroporto, Guarulhos - SP, 07190-100
$54 - $100
R.Pedro De Toledo 1000, 07140000, Guarulhos, São Paulo
$54 - $122
SP-019, S/N Aeroporto Internacional de São Paulo - Cumbica, Guarulhos - SP, 07190-100
$21 - $90
+551120850751 / +5511941973909
Rua Pedro Toledo, 651, Jardim Santa Lidia
$17 - $18
Book and manage your booking on the go