Car Rental at Porto Alegre Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre is one of the largest cities in southern Brazil, a distinct region known for its gaucho culture and strong European influence. Home to a number of notable landmarks, Porto Alegre also offers access to the region’s nature. These are four of the main attractions in and around the city:
- Museums. Although primarily an industrial hub, Porto Alegre also has plenty of interesting museums and other cultural institutions to explore. The highlight among them is the Iberê Camargo Foundation, a contemporary art museum that’s best known for its futuristic architecture. Other interesting places to visit include the Museum of Science and Technology, the Júlio de Castilhos and Joaquim José Felizardo Museums which are two interesting places to learn about the region’s history, and the scenic Mário Quintana Culture House named after the Brazilian writer who hailed from the city.
- Monumento aos Açorianos. One of the most interesting monuments in Brazil, the Monument to the Azoreans is dedicated to the first sixty Portuguese families who arrived in Porto Alegre from the Atlantic archipelago of the Azores in the 17th century. About 24 m (79 feet) high and 17 m (56 feet) long, the brown steel structure resembles a caravel boat made up of human bodies. The large, pyramid-shaped building that provides the background to the monument is the Rio Grande do Sul state’s administrative center.
- Aparados da Serra National Park. One of the most beautiful protected areas in southern Brazil, Aparados da Serra is a hotbed of diverse flora and fauna. Made up of the moist forests characteristic of the region, as well as grasslands and the stunning Itaimbezinho canyon, it is home to local animal species like the red-spectacled parrot, maned wolf, and neotropical otter. The territory of the national park is fairly small, but it is bordered by Serra Geral National Park, another notable protected area. The trip to Aparados da Serra takes a full three-hour drive north of Porto Alegre, so if you have the time, it’s best to make it a 2 or 3-day trip (there are a number of lodging options in the area).
- Metropolitan Cathedral of Porto Alegre. It took more than 50 years of work before it was finished in 1972, but the long wait was worth it, as Porto Alegre’s main cathedral is a sight to behold. A prime example of Baroque architecture, the church is especially known for its stunning 65 m (213 feet) nave. Interestingly, the architect of the cathedral remains unknown to this day.
Top international routes
- São Paulo
- Rio de Janeiro
- Buenos Aires
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $15 per day
- Medium cars - from $13 per day
- Vans - from $36 per day
- Premium cars - from $58 per day
- Small cars - from $13 per day
- SUVs - from $28 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Curitiba (735 km / 457 mi). Known as one of the best places to live in Brazil, the capital of Paraná state is a classy, sophisticated place. Travelers love the unique Curitiba Memorial, large public gardens, and many art spaces.
- Rio de Janeiro (1,569 km / 975 mi). It’s a mighty long trip to the largest city of Brazil - best done in three or even four days - but the destination is definitely worth the effort. World-famous for its carnival and beaches like Ipanema and Copacabana, Rio is a city like no other.
- São Paulo (1143 km / 720 mi). Many people only see Sao Paulo as a place of industry, business, and commerce, but Brazil’s largest city has so much more to it than just that. If you give this megalopolis a chance, you’ll be rewarded with classy architecture, active cultural life, and delicious, varied cuisine.
- Asuncion (1,086 km / 675 mi). Even to seasoned travelers, the land-locked nation of Paraguay remains something of a mystery. Those who do venture to its capital, Asuncion, find amazing colonial buildings, a unique blend of indigenous and European cultures, and a base to explore the rest of the country. Ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit you to cross the border.
- Florianopolis (460 km / 286 mi). Located on the Atlantic coast, the capital of Santa Catarina state is something of a hidden gem among Southern Brazilian destinations. The city’s main attractions include the Metropolitan Cathedral, Lake Conceição, and no less than 42 urban beaches.
- Montevideo (800 km / 500 mi). Uruguay might be one of the smallest countries in South America, but its beautiful capital has often been named as the best place to live in the continent. Influenced by the Gaucho culture, as well as the Italian and German roots of many of its inhabitants, it’s an amazing city to explore. As with Asuncion, ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit you to cross the border.
Porto Alegre Airport (POA)
- IATA: POA
- ICAO: SBPA
- Name: Porto Alegre Airport (POA)
- Distance from city: 3.7 miles / 6 km
Top 20 Locations near Porto Alegre Airport
Car Rental at Florianopolis Airport from $13.32 per day363.5 km / 225.9 miles away
Car Rental at Curitiba Airport from $13.68 per day534.0 km / 331.8 miles away
Car Rental at Foz do Iguacu Airport from $17.48 per day587.8 km / 365.2 miles away
Car Rental at Maringa Airport from $16.44 per day729.6 km / 453.4 miles away
Car Rental at Sao Paulo Airport Congonhas from $14.80 per day837.6 km / 520.5 miles away
Car Rental at Guarulhos Airport from $14.80 per day866.1 km / 538.2 miles away
Car Rental at Rio de Janeiro Airport Santos Dumont from $15.36 per day1120.0 km / 695.9 miles away
Car Rental at Rio de Janeiro Airport Galeao from $13.46 per day1122.1 km / 697.2 miles away
Car Rental at Belo Horizonte Airport from $29.29 per day1341.6 km / 833.6 miles away
Car Rental at Confins Airport from $16.71 per day1361.4 km / 845.9 miles away
Car Rental at Goiania Airport from $14.67 per day1499.0 km / 931.4 miles away
Car Rental at Vitoria Airport from $13.68 per day1538.9 km / 956.2 miles away
Car Rental at Brasilia Airport from $19.49 per day1605.1 km / 997.4 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Seguro Airport from $17.22 per day1945.9 km / 1209.1 miles away
Car Rental at Salvador Airport from $13.68 per day2313.9 km / 1437.8 miles away
Car Rental at Maceio Airport from $13.68 per day2781.7 km / 1728.5 miles away
Car Rental at Recife Airport from $13.92 per day2962.8 km / 1841.0 miles away
Car Rental at Manaus Airport from $18.61 per day3139.9 km / 1951.0 miles away
Car Rental at Natal Airport from $13.68 per day3154.6 km / 1960.2 miles away
Car Rental at Belem Airport from $20.23 per day3194.6 km / 1985.0 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Porto Alegre Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Porto Alegre Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Porto Alegre Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Foco, Localiza, Movida, Enterprise, Europcar|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$13 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Foco||Fiat Mobi||4||2||Small cars|
|Foco||VW Gol||4||2||Medium cars|
|Foco||Chevrolet Onix||4||2||Medium cars|
|Foco||Renault Logan||4||3||Large cars|
|Localiza||Volkswagen Gol||4||2||Small cars|
|Localiza||Fiat Argo||2||3||Small cars|
|Foco||Volkswagen Up||2||2||Small cars|
|Localiza||Fiat Mobi||2||2||Small cars|