Car Rental at Porto Alegre Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre is one of the largest cities in southern Brazil, a distinct region known for its gaucho culture and strong European influence. Home to a number of notable landmarks, Porto Alegre also offers access to the region’s nature. These are three of the main attractions in and around the city:
- Museums. Although primarily an industrial hub, Porto Alegre also has plenty of interesting museums and other cultural institutions to explore. The highlight among them is the Iberê Camargo Foundation, a contemporary art museum that’s best known for its futuristic architecture. Other interesting places to visit include the Museum of Science and Technology, the Júlio de Castilhos and Joaquim José Felizardo Museums which are two interesting places to learn about the region’s history, and the scenic Mário Quintana Culture House named after the Brazilian writer who hailed from the city.
- Monumento aos Açorianos. One of the most interesting monuments in Brazil, the Monument to the Azoreans is dedicated to the first sixty Portuguese families who arrived in Porto Alegre from the Atlantic archipelago of the Azores in the 17th century. About 24 m (79 feet) high and 17 m (56 feet) long, the brown steel structure resembles a caravel boat made up of human bodies. The large, pyramid-shaped building that provides the background to the monument is the Rio Grande do Sul state’s administrative center.
- Aparados da Serra National Park. One of the most beautiful protected areas in southern Brazil, Aparados da Serra is a hotbed of diverse flora and fauna. Made up of the moist forests characteristic of the region, as well as grasslands and the stunning Itaimbezinho canyon, it is home to local animal species like the red-spectacled parrot, maned wolf, and neotropical otter. The territory of the national park is fairly small, but it is bordered by Serra Geral National Park, another notable protected area. The trip to Aparados da Serra takes a full three-hour drive north of Porto Alegre, so if you have the time, it’s best to make it a 2 or 3-day trip (there are a number of lodging options in the area).
Top international routes
- São Paulo
- Rio de Janeiro
- Buenos Aires
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $46 per day
- Large cars - from $32 per day
- Medium cars - from $30 per day
- Vans - from $45 per day
- Small cars - from $24 per day
- SUVs - from $52 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Curitiba (735 km / 457 mi). Known as one of the best places to live in Brazil, the capital of Paraná state is a classy, sophisticated place. Travelers love the unique Curitiba Memorial, large public gardens, and many art spaces.
- Rio de Janeiro (1,569 km / 975 mi). It’s a mighty long trip to the largest city of Brazil - best done in three or even four days - but the destination is definitely worth the effort. World-famous for its carnival and beaches like Ipanema and Copacabana, Rio is a city like no other.
- São Paulo (1143 km / 720 mi). Many people only see Sao Paulo as a place of industry, business, and commerce, but Brazil’s largest city has so much more to it than just that. If you give this megalopolis a chance, you’ll be rewarded with classy architecture, active cultural life, and delicious, varied cuisine.
- Asuncion (1,086 km / 675 mi). Even to seasoned travelers, the land-locked nation of Paraguay remains something of a mystery. Those who do venture to its capital, Asuncion, find amazing colonial buildings, a unique blend of indigenous and European cultures, and a base to explore the rest of the country. Ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit you to cross the border.
- Florianopolis (460 km / 286 mi). Located on the Atlantic coast, the capital of Santa Catarina state is something of a hidden gem among Southern Brazilian destinations. The city’s main attractions include the Metropolitan Cathedral, Lake Conceição, and no less than 42 urban beaches.
- Montevideo (800 km / 500 mi). Uruguay might be one of the smallest countries in South America, but its beautiful capital has often been named as the best place to live in the continent. Influenced by the Gaucho culture, as well as the Italian and German roots of many of its inhabitants, it’s an amazing city to explore. As with Asuncion, ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit you to cross the border.
Porto Alegre Airport (POA)
- IATA: POA
- ICAO: SBPA
- Name: Porto Alegre Airport (POA)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Passengers (per year): 7,648,743
- Distance from City: 3.7 miles / 6 km NE of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 19 Locations near Porto Alegre Airport
Car Rental in Canoas Mathias Velho from $23.85 per day20.3 km / 12.6 miles away
Car Rental at Caxias do Sul Airport from $14.04 per day98.9 km / 61.4 miles away
Car Rental in Lajeado Americano from $23.85 per day99.1 km / 61.6 miles away
Car Rental at Rio Grande Airport from $25.30 per day238.8 km / 148.4 miles away
Car Rental at Santa Maria Airport from $25.30 per day239.1 km / 148.5 miles away
Car Rental in Criciuma Nossa Sra. da Salete from $20.43 per day241.3 km / 149.9 miles away
Car Rental in Lages Sagrado Coracao de Jesus from $22.67 per day268.8 km / 167.0 miles away
Car Rental at Chapecó Airport from $29.75 per day355.8 km / 221.1 miles away
Car Rental at Florianopolis Airport from $16.44 per day375.6 km / 233.4 miles away
Car Rental in Florianopolis West from $17.90 per day378.1 km / 234.9 miles away
Car Rental at Florianopolis Henrique Valgas Road from $20.31 per day380.9 km / 236.7 miles away
Car Rental in Florianopolis North from $23.68 per day400.5 km / 248.9 miles away
Car Rental at Florianopolis Praia dos Ingleses from $23.68 per day404.4 km / 251.3 miles away
Car Rental at Pato Branco Airport from $17.59 per day452.9 km / 281.4 miles away
Car Rental in Sao Borja Piraboi from $22.33 per day487.5 km / 302.9 miles away
Car Rental at Joinville Airport from $16.44 per day491.8 km / 305.6 miles away
Car Rental at Curitiba Airport from $17.81 per day546.0 km / 339.2 miles away
Car Rental in Curitiba Southwest from $20.65 per day548.0 km / 340.5 miles away
Car Rental in Curitiba West from $25.36 per day550.8 km / 342.2 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Porto Alegre Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Porto Alegre Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Porto Alegre Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Movida||Fiat Mobi Like||4||2||Small cars|
|Movida||Hyundai HB20||4||4||Medium cars|
|Movida||Nissan Versa||4||3||Small cars|
|Movida||VW T-Cross||5||3||Large cars|
|Movida||Fiat Doblo 5+2||4||1||Vans|