Car Rental at Salvador Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of the state of Bahia, the coastal city of Salvador is one of the most interesting attractions in Brazil. Notable for its large carnival which, according to some, can rival the fun of its counterpart in Rio de Janeiro, as well as its strong African heritage and many cultural and natural riches, the city has plenty to keep a visitor entertained. These are five of Salvador’s most interesting attractions:
- Pelourinho. Also known simply as the Historical Center, Pelourinho (or Pelo) is Salvador’s most famous district. A world heritage site, it is home to landmarks such as the Cathedral of Salvador, the Archaeology and Ethnology Museum, and the 18th century Palace of Saldanha. Pelourinho is also considered one of the safest areas in Salvador and can be relatively safely explored on foot, especially during the day, although it’s obviously important to still keep your wits about you.
- Afro-Brazilian Museum. A large port city on the Atlantic Ocean, Salvador is inextricably linked with its African heritage — up to almost 80% of the city’s inhabitants are at least partially descended from the African slaves brought to the area. Known as MAFRO and also located in Pelourinho, this museum celebrates the city’s and country’s African roots via collections on Afro-Brazilian art, traditions, and culture.
- Beaches. The public beaches of Salvador are no doubt one of the main attractions of the city. The highlight among them is Porto da Barra Beach — quite possibly the most famous Brazilian beach outside of Rio de Janeiro, it is known for its tranquil waters, busy atmosphere, historic landmarks (it was the first place in Salvador that was settled by the Europeans), and surrounding forts. There are a number of other beautiful beaches, but do some research before visiting as sadly not every coastal area of the city can be considered completely safe.
- Bahia Museum of Art. A small, but interesting museum known both for its collections and history – it is more than 100 years old – the Bahia Museum of Art is another notable cultural institution of Salvador and the rest of the state of Bahia. The museum features paintings, religious art, sculptures, glassworks, and other artworks of many local and other notable Brazilian masters. Two other important landmarks for art lovers include the nearby Palace of Art and the Bahia Museum of Modern Art (MAM).
- Barra Lighthouse. Located in the southern Padrão area near the previously Bahia Museum of Art, Barra Lighthouse and the surrounding Santo Antônio Fort is another interesting place to visit. Despite continuing to fulfill its original function, the historical lighthouse has been listed by Brazil’s National Historic and Artistic Heritage Institute as a historic object.
Top international routes
- São Paulo
- Rio de Janeiro
- Belo Horizonte
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $20 per day
- Medium cars - from $17 per day
- Vans - from $84 per day
- Small cars - from $16 per day
- SUVs - from $48 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Salvador Airport (SSA)
- IATA: SSA
- ICAO: SBSV
- Name: Salvador Airport (SSA)
- Distance from city: 13.7 miles / 22 km
Top 20 Locations near Salvador Airport
Car Rental at Porto Seguro Airport from $20.72 per day400.5 km / 248.9 miles away
Car Rental at Maceio Airport from $18.91 per day468.7 km / 291.2 miles away
Car Rental at Recife Airport from $15.73 per day649.4 km / 403.5 miles away
Car Rental at Vitoria Airport from $18.06 per day843.0 km / 523.8 miles away
Car Rental at Natal Airport from $18.91 per day848.5 km / 527.2 miles away
Car Rental at Confins Airport from $18.31 per day959.2 km / 596.0 miles away
Car Rental at Belo Horizonte Airport from $24.20 per day976.9 km / 607.0 miles away
Car Rental at Fortaleza Airport from $17.81 per day1016.0 km / 631.3 miles away
Car Rental at Brasilia Airport from $22.30 per day1083.6 km / 673.3 miles away
Car Rental at Rio de Janeiro Airport Galeao from $20.19 per day1217.5 km / 756.5 miles away
Car Rental at Rio de Janeiro Airport Santos Dumont from $19.55 per day1223.4 km / 760.2 miles away
Car Rental at Goiania Airport from $18.83 per day1241.5 km / 771.4 miles away
Car Rental at Guarulhos Airport from $20.32 per day1450.9 km / 901.5 miles away
Car Rental at Sao Paulo Airport Congonhas from $19.91 per day1479.7 km / 919.4 miles away
Car Rental at Belem Airport from $22.77 per day1700.8 km / 1056.8 miles away
Car Rental at Curitiba Airport from $18.37 per day1804.8 km / 1121.5 miles away
Car Rental at Maringa Airport from $25.06 per day1860.5 km / 1156.1 miles away
Car Rental at Florianopolis Airport from $15.06 per day1954.4 km / 1214.4 miles away
Car Rental at Foz do Iguacu Airport from $25.65 per day2201.7 km / 1368.1 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Alegre Airport from $23.63 per day2313.9 km / 1437.8 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Salvador Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Salvador Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Salvador Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Foco, Localiza, Movida, Unidas, Enterprise|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$16 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Foco||Fiat Mobi||4||2||Small cars|
|Foco||VW Gol||4||2||Medium cars|
|Localiza||Fiat Mobi||2||2||Small cars|
|Localiza||Volkswagen Gol||4||2||Small cars|
|Foco||Chevrolet Onix||4||2||Medium cars|
|Foco||Renault Logan||4||3||Large cars|
|Movida||Fiat Mobi Like||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.