Car Hire at Knock Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
Also known as Ireland West, this small international airport serves not just the village of Knock, but also the larger County Mayo. Located in the northwestern corner of the country, it is somewhat underrated as a tourist destination but offers scenic beaches, plenty of history, and a remote, untamed atmosphere for those who dare to visit. Here are three of Mayo’s most interesting attractions:
- Leenaun. A small, but lively village on the coast of Killary fjord which is one of the only three fjords in Ireland, Leenaun (or Leenane) has a number of interesting attractions. These include the Sheep and Wool Center dedicated to the history of this locally important industry, as well as natural sites like Delphi and Maam Valleys and Devilsmother mountain. Leenaun is located along the Wild Atlantic Way, one of the most stunning drives in all of Ireland.
- Achill Island. The largest of Ireland’s islands, Achill is home to a number of historical attractions such as Carrickkildavnet Castle (also known as Grace O’Malley’s Castle for those not daring to pronounce its full Irish name), Kill Damhnait Castle, an abandoned Franciscan monastery, and an abandoned village near Slievemore mountain. Each of these tells an important story of the island's past. Connected to the mainland by the Michael Davitt Bridge, the island becomes quite lively with holiday-makers during the summer months; in winters, it’s much emptier and, arguably, more atmospheric.
- Castlebar. The largest settlement and county town of Mayo, Castlebar often serves as a hub for exploring the rest of the region, mainly thanks to having some of Mayo’s best restaurants and hotels. There’s also plenty of interesting things to see, including churches of Catholic and other denominations, Horkan’s Garden and Pet Center, Mayo Memorial Peace Park, and even a gin trail celebrating Castlebar’s long and proud traditions of making that particular beverage (for obvious reasons, the trail is best enjoyed after your day’s driving is done).Meanwhile, in the neighboring village of Turlough, you’ll find the National Museum of Country Life, the only branch of the national museum located outside of Dublin.
Top international routes
- East Midlands
Most popular types of hire car
- Large cars - starting at £ 129 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 102 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 99 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 81 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 124 per day
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Dublin (204 km / 127 mi)
- Galway (89 km / 55 mi)
- Cork (271 km / 168 mi)
Knock Airport (NOC)
- IATA: NOC
- ICAO: EIKN
- Name: Knock Airport (NOC)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Passengers (per year): 735,869
- Distance from the city centre: 3.1 miles / 5 km SW of town
- Working hours:
- Phone: + 353 94 936 8100
- Email: email@example.com
Top 7 Destinations around Knock Airport
Donegal Airport starting at £ 64.68 per day129.8 km / 80.7 miles away
Shannon Airport starting at £ 55.66 per day134.5 km / 83.6 miles away
Limerick City Ennis Road starting at £ 61.24 per day137.9 km / 85.7 miles away
Dublin Airport starting at £ 58.61 per day176.5 km / 109.7 miles away
Kerry Airport starting at £ 55.66 per day198.0 km / 123.0 miles away
Cork Mallow Road starting at £ 92.13 per day222.5 km / 138.3 miles away
Cork Airport starting at £ 58.61 per day231.1 km / 143.6 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Knock Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Knock Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Knock Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Budget||Renault Clio||4||2||Medium cars|
|Budget||Toyota Corolla||5||2||Large cars|
|Budget||VW Polo||3||1||Small cars|
|Budget||Ford Ka||2||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Budget||VW Up||5||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Ford Ka||2||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Ford Fiesta||3||1||Small cars|
|Budget||Toyota Corolla||5||2||Large cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.