Car Hire at Dublin Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
The capital of the Republic of Ireland, Dublin is also the country’s main tourist hub. Home to fascinating history, varied architecture, and lots of fun things to do, it has been frequently mentioned by travel blogs as one of the best weekend getaway destinations in Europe. Here are three of its most interesting attractions:
- National Museum of Ireland. So vast are the collections of the National Museum that it is, in fact, three separate museums, each dedicated to a different theme and chapter of Irish life. The museums of Archaeology and Country Life are located right next to each other while the museum of Decorative Arts and History is on the other side of the river about a 15-minute drive away. Whether you visit just one or all three, these three branches are the best places to learn about Irish history, art, and culture.
- Dublin Castle. One of the most impressive buildings in all of Ireland, it is also one of the most historically important. Built in the 12th and 13th centuries, the castle used to be the seat of the British government in Ireland. This heritage is best exemplified by the refined state apartments which are open to tourists. Visitors can also explore the castle’s medieval basements. Dublin Castle is located next to the body of water that gave the city its name (Dubh linn means ‘the dark pool’ in Irish).
- Dublinia. Ireland has seen waves of different peoples coming to its shores over the millennia, one of the most important being the Vikings who first arrived in the late 8th century. Dedicated to the city’s Scandinavian past, Dublinia is also known as the Viking World and has been called a living museum. In addition to various exhibitions, artefacts, and restored Viking dwellings and burial places, medieval scenes of the city life are often played out by actors, with visitors encouraged to join in.
- Dublin Writers Museum. The former home of the likes of Joyce, Shaw, Becket, and Wilde, Dublin definitely punches way above its weight when it comes to connections to world-famous authors. The best place to learn about this heritage is the unique Writer’s Museum, which boasts exhibitions on the aforementioned city’s sons, as well as a collection of quirky memorabilia.
- Wicklow Mountains National Park. Located an hour’s drive to the south, the Wicklow Mountains is one of the most popular places to take a day trip from the capital. In addition to great natural beauty and varied fauna that is especially rich in birdlife, the area is home to Glendalough, a monastic complex dating back to the 6th century.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 38 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 41 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 28 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 74 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 20 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 43 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
Dublin Airport (DUB)
- IATA: DUB
- ICAO: EIDW
- Name: Dublin Airport (DUB)
- Size: Large Airport
- Flights per year: 215,829
- Passengers (per year): 29,582,321
- Distance from the city centre: 6.2 miles / 10 km N of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +353 1 814 1111
- Email: email@example.com
Top 6 Destinations around Dublin Airport
Car Hire at Limerick City Ennis Road starting at £ 14.45 per day177.7 km / 110.4 miles away
Car Hire at Knock Airport starting at £ 12.01 per day178.7 km / 111.0 miles away
Car Hire at Shannon Airport starting at £ 10.75 per day191.8 km / 119.2 miles away
Car Hire at Cork Airport starting at £ 10.75 per day225.7 km / 140.3 miles away
Car Hire at Donegal Airport starting at £ 31.63 per day230.6 km / 143.3 miles away
Car Hire at Kerry Airport starting at £ 12.01 per day255.0 km / 158.4 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Dublin Airport?
What’s the most frequent hire length at Dublin Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Dublin Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Budget||Renault Clio||4||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Easirent||Fiat 500||3||2||Small cars|
|Budget||Skoda Citigo||4||1||Small cars|
|Budget||Volkswagen Polo||3||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Easirent||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||Toyota Yaris Aut.||5||1||Small cars|
|Budget||Toyota Corolla||5||2||Large cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.