Car Rental in Eindhoven
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Eindhoven?
Eindhoven is a great place for renting a car. Although the city itself is not too large, its landmarks and points of interest are quite spread out. With your own ride, you can also travel to nearby Dutch villages and nature preserves and even sneak across the border to visit one of the Netherlands’ neighbors, Germany, France, or Belgium.
One-Way Car Rentals in Eindhoven
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Eindhoven and drop off in another city include:
- From Eindhoven to Charleroi - 36 offers from $68.37 per day
- From Eindhoven to Amsterdam - 50 offers from $37.55 per day
- From Eindhoven to Brussels - 36 offers from $56.94 per day
Top ways to enter Eindhoven
- Eindhoven Airport: One of the fastest-growing airports in Western Europe, Eindhoven Airport handles nearly 6 million travelers every year. Popular with a number of low-cost carriers, it offers flights to and from many countries in Europe as well as some in Africa and Asia. The airport is located just 8km (5 miles) northwest of the city center.
- Amsterdam Airport: Also known as Schiphol, Amsterdam Airport is not only by far the busiest in the Netherlands but also the third-busiest in Europe. Serving around 71 million travelers every year, it has flights to and from all parts of the world. The airport is located about 130km (80.8 miles) northwest of Eindhoven.
- Rotterdam-The Hague Airport: Serving two of the Netherlands’ largest cities, Rotterdam Airport has flights by 8 different airlines. The airport is an important focus city for Transavia, a low-cost Dutch airline. Rotterdam-The Hague Airport is located 120km (75 miles) northwest of Eindhoven and can be reached by car in about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Maastricht Airport: A small and cozy airport in the very southeast corner of the Netherlands, Maastricht Airport has flights to and from many holiday destinations including Italy, Spain, Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey, and even The Gambia in West Africa. The airport is especially active during the summer months. Maastricht Airport is located only 78km (49 miles) southeast of Eindhoven and can be reached in about one hour.
- Brussels Airport: With 25.6 million travelers every year, Brussels Airport is by far the busiest in Belgium and among 25 busiest in Europe. A hub for Brussels Airlines, the airport is also served by around 60 other airlines. The airport is located about 128km (79 miles) southwest of Eindhoven. Since you’d need to cross the border between Belgium and the Netherlands to drive from Brussels to Eindhoven, ask your car rental provider in advance if they permit it.
- Although not located on the coast, Eindhoven has an oceanic climate. With the average temperature of 18°C (65°F) in July, the hottest month, Eindhoven is one of the warmest cities in the Netherlands. The average temperature in January, the coldest month, is 3°C (37°F). The amount of rain is rather even throughout the year and Eindhoven experiences at least some snowy days every winter.
- The fifth-most populated city in the Netherlands, Eindhoven has around 230,000 residents. The city is made up of seven districts. The Central district, or Centrum, is the smallest and the least populated one but also the one that hosts most of the city’s landmarks and attractions. Dutch is by far the most common language in the city. Eindhoven also has small Turkish, Moroccan, Surinamese, and Indonesian communities. English is widely understood by most people and by almost everyone working in the service and tourism industries.
Top destinations and activities
- The Van Abbemuseum. One of the best contemporary art museums in Europe, Van Abbemuseum also has many artworks by world-famous late 19th-century and early 20th-century artists such as Picasso, Chagall, and Kandinsky. One of the nicest places to visit in Eindhoven, you can find the opening hours on the museum’s official website.
- DAF Museum. A museum that’s dedicated to DAF vehicles, a truck-making company from Eindhoven, it has exhibitions on the history of DAF vehicles from the company’s beginnings in the late 1920s up to the present day. Besides trucks, the museum also houses many classy oldschool DAF models like the DAF 600 from 1959 and the DAF 44 from 1975. Sadly, none are available as rental cars.
- Evoluon. Very strongly resembling a flying saucer as it’s seen in popular culture, Evoluon is a strange and fascinating futuristic vision from the past. It was built in 1966 by Philips, the Dutch electronics giant, to celebrate the company’s technological progress and usher in an era of new inventions. The science and technology museum that Evoluon used to house is sadly closed now, but it still remains a building that every visitor of Eindhoven should take a look at.
- MU Hybrid Art House. One of the several contemporary art spaces in the city, MU has a special focus on visual arts and new technologies, with a lot of the works touching on socially relevant topics. In addition to permanent and temporary exhibitions, the art house also holds various lectures and other events, most of them taking place on Tuesdays.
- Eindhoven Museum. An archaeological open-air institution, this museum is dedicated to the historical human habitation and different types of dwellings in the North Brabant Region. Although most of the exhibitions deal with the past few centuries, as well as the medieval period, there is also a reconstruction of an Iron Age settlement. The museum is located just east of the city center, near the De Vleut reservoir.
Traffic and parking
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 100km/h (61 mph) between 6:00 and 19:00 on motorways or autosnelwegen, and sometimes higher at night, though the signs will indicate how much higher. On smaller highways (marked as N-routes), the speed limit is usually 100km/h (61 mph), though sometimes it’s marked differently. On smaller, non-highway routes outside built-up areas, the speed limit is 80km/h (50 mph). Inside built-up areas, it’s 50km/h (31 mph) or 30km/h (19mph) in residential areas - usually indicated by a raised sidewalk serving as a speed bump on entering the area.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.02% for novice drivers and drivers under the age of 24. Exceeding the limit can lead to large fines, an EU-wide licence ban, or imprisonment.
- Proof of insurance and the car’s registration need to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- When drving, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The emergency number, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112.
The only roads in the Netherlands that require paying a fee are two toll tunnels, the Kiltunnel near Dordrecht (about an hour’s drive south of Eindhoven) and Westerschelde Tunnel near Terneuzen (about a two-hour drive south of Eindhoven).
For using the Kiltunnel, you can only pay in cash. The price is €2. For using the Westerschelde, the price is €5. Electronic payment tags are also available, but most rental cars are not equipped with them and they are mainly used by locals who use either of the tunnels frequently.
Ideas for day trips
- Nuenen. A small village with a large and traditional Dutch windmill, Nuenen is best known as the place where Vincent Van Gogh started his painting career. Visitors can follow a path that includes Van Gogh’s favorite spots, some of which inspired his world-famous artworks. Just 9km (6 miles) northeast of Eindhoven, Nuenen can be reached in about 15 minutes.
- De Maasduinen National Park. Located in the neighboring province of Limburg, this unique protected area is famous for its parabolic dunes and rare and unique marsh flora. Careful visitors might also spot wildlife like the beaver, the European nightjar or the Natterjack toad. De Maasduinen National Park is about 50km (31 miles) northeast of Eindhoven and can be reached by car in under one hour.
- Antwerp. Not only Europe’s busiest commercial port and the world’s number one diamond trading center, the city of Antwerp in neighboring Belgium is famous for eclectic architecture, unique museums, and its large Jewish Quarter which is as alive and busy as it was centuries ago. And, yes, there’s also plenty for visitors to explore inside the city’s Diamond District and in the port area. Located just 89km (55 miles) southwest of Eindhoven, Antwerp can be reached in 1 hour and 15 minutes. To go from the Netherlands to Belgium, you’d have to cross an international border, so ask your car rental provider in advance if they permit it. Don’t try to drive around the city - it’s best to find a parking garage and use public transportation from there.
- Maastricht. Whether or not you agree with those who call it the most beautiful city in the country, visiting Maastricht is a great idea if you’re in the southern part of the Netherlands. Known for its countless architectural gems and heritage sites, as well as its large and youthful student population, the city also has an array of wonderful museums. The drive from Eindhoven takes just over an hour.
Most popular cars
The most popular rental cars in Eindhoven are the Opel Astra, Opel Corsa, and Renault Captur. The most popular rental car type is a compact, followed by intermediate and economy.
- Amsterdam. Venice of the North, the world’s cycling capital, and home to more famous buildings than it would be possible to mention, the capital of Netherlands really has it all. Even if you don’t feel like sightseeing or going from one stunning museum to another, Amsterdam’s many green areas ,such as the Vondelpark, offer the chance for a perfect leisure day outdoors. Amsterdam is less than a 90-minute drive north of Eindhoven. Once there, park in a parking garage or at your hotel and then use public transportation or do like the locals and rent a bike!
- Brussels. With two official languages, an extremely diverse population, and the headquarters of more international organizations than it’s possible to name, Brussels is a busy place. It’s picturesque, too, combining impressive medieval architecture with more recent and even futuristic influences to create a unique mix of its own. Less than a two-hour drive southwest of Eindhoven, visiting this bustling capital should be on everyone’s list. To go from the Netherlands to Belgium, you’d have to cross an international border, so ask your car rental provider in advance if they permit it.
- The Hague. Like Brussels, it is internationally best known for its diplomatic and judicial standing, but the Hague is, first and foremost, a wonderfully picturesque destination. With the elegant Plein city square, William of Orange Statue, and the 17th-century Mauritshuis Palace, it’s a place for long, relaxing walks. But don’t miss out on its great museums and the many festivals that take place in the city, either! Located on the North Sea coast just 142km (88 miles) northwest of Eindhoven, the Hague can be reached by car in about 90 minutes.
Car Rental Prices in Eindhoven
- Station wagons - from $46 per day
- Large cars - from $45 per day
- Medium cars - from $35 per day
- Vans - from $115 per day
- Premium cars - from $118 per day
- Small cars - from $31 per day
- SUVs - from $56 per day
Following these simple tips can help you land a great rental car in Eindhoven:
- Compare the rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit during the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Eindhoven is the cheapest in August when renting a car is about 35% cheaper than the yearly average and about 55% cheaper than renting a car in April.
Top 12 Cities near Eindhoven
Tilburg Car Rentals from $38.15 per day23.2 km / 14.4 miles away
Roermond Car Rentals from $38.15 per day51.1 km / 31.8 miles away
Maastricht Car Rentals from $32.83 per day70.4 km / 43.7 miles away
Rotterdam Car Rentals from $30.92 per day85.8 km / 53.3 miles away
Leiden Car Rentals from $36.62 per day99.2 km / 61.6 miles away
The Hague Car Rentals from $39.17 per day100.5 km / 62.4 miles away
Deventer Car Rentals from $36.62 per day104.1 km / 64.7 miles away
Amsterdam Car Rentals from $28.79 per day104.3 km / 64.8 miles away
Hoofddorp Car Rentals from $36.62 per day106.9 km / 66.4 miles away
Emmen Car Rentals from $38.15 per day181.3 km / 112.7 miles away
Leeuwarden Car Rentals from $38.15 per day196.7 km / 122.2 miles away
Groningen Car Rentals from $56.07 per day202.8 km / 126.0 miles away
Top 8 Locations near Eindhoven
Eindhoven Airport Car Rentals from $31.04 per day
Maastricht Airport Car Rentals from $32.83 per day65.9 km / 40.9 miles away
Rotterdam East Car Rentals from $32.64 per day80.9 km / 50.3 miles away
Rotterdam Airport Car Rentals from $37.58 per day85.8 km / 53.3 miles away
Amsterdam Airport Car Rentals from $28.79 per day104.3 km / 64.8 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $30.14 per day107.1 km / 66.5 miles away
Amsterdam Central Station Car Rentals from $36.00 per day108.2 km / 67.2 miles away
202.8 km / 126.0 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
What is the cheapest month to rent a car in Eindhoven?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
What’s the usual rental length in Eindhoven?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Eindhoven?
Car Rental Information
|Car rental locations||2|
|Popular suppliers||Alamo, Keddy, Ace Rent a car, Hertz, Thrifty|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, Large cars, SUVs|
|Lowest price||$31 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Ace Rent a car|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Keddy||Volkswagen T-Cross||4||3||Medium cars|
|Alamo||Hyundai i20||4||2||Small cars|
|Alamo||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen Up||5||1||Small cars|
|Hertz||Volkswagen T-Cross||5||2||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Skoda Fabia||5||1||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Volkswagen T-Cross||5||2||Medium cars|
|Thrifty||Toyota Aygo||3||2||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Ford Fiesta||4||1||Small cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Peugeot 308||4||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.