Car Rental at Atlanta Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Atlanta-Hartsfield is the busiest airport on the planet, so most travelers never leave the terminals before catching their connecting flight. But if you’re in Atlanta for more than just a layover and go to explore the city itself, you will discover an energetic metropolis that offers interesting history and plenty of excitement. These are three of Atlanta’s most interesting attractions:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Park. Dedicated to the life and work of arguably the most famous of Atlanta’s sons, the MLK, Jr. National Historic Park is among the most visited places in the city. Taking up about 35 acres (0.14 sq. km) in the eastern part of the city, the park includes a number of buildings that were important to the famous preacher’s life and also provides exhibitions on the legacy of the civil rights movement. Not part of the historic park, but located nearby and also interesting to visit is the Research Library on African American Culture and History.
- Georgia Aquarium. With about 2.5 million visitors every year, the vast Georgia Aquarium is one of the most popular family attractions in Atlanta. From different species of whales, sharks, and sea lions to African penguins and California sea lions, the aquarium has an abundance of marine creatures to marvel at. There are also educational and conservation programs, and the aquarium has been rated as providing the highest standard of welfare to its wild animals. Visit the official website to learn more.
- High Museum of Art. Now 115 years old, The High, as it is often referred to by the locals, is frequently rated among the best art museums in the United States. Part of the Woodruff Arts Center, an Atlanta cultural institution that’s definitely worth exploring, the museum has a number of collections dedicated to the works of the best American masters, as well as African art, folk art, photography, and much more.
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $105 per day
- Medium cars - from $90 per day
- Vans - from $294 per day
- Premium cars - from $108 per day
- Small cars - from $88 per day
- SUVs - from $151 per day
Car rental desks
The Rental Car Center is open 24 hours a day all year long. Dollar, Thrifty, National, and Sixt are all open 24 hours a day. Europcar, Advantage, and Ace are not.
Finally, Routes Car Rental is located off-airport. To reach the company’s location, proceed to the Rental Car Center and call them for a shuttle. There is an area on the ground floor of the center for the Atlanta International Connector and off-airport rental agencies. Note that the company's rental desk closes at 11:30 PM.
Nearest gas station
If coming from the south along I-75, you will need to exit onto I-285. As there are no gas stations where you will have to exit to reach the Rental Car Center, it is best to take Exit 60 (Riverdale Rd.), continue along Riverdale Rd until reaching W Fayetteville Rd., and then turn left where there is a BP station. To reach the Rental Car Center afterward, go back to Riverdale Rd. heading toward the airport and take Terminal Parkway before reaching I-85 (you can not reach the Rental Car Center from Highway 29).
If renting from Routes from the north, other options are a Sunoco and an Exxon station on Highway 29 that require slight detours from the direct route from I-85 to the Routes location on Sullivan Rd. These may be preferable to the stations on Exit 73 since they are closer to the rental agency’s location.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int. Airport (ATL)
- IATA: ATL
- ICAO: KATL
- Name: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int. Airport (ATL)
- Size: Large Airport
- Passengers (per year): 103,902,992
- Distance from City: 7 miles / 11.3 km S of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +1 800 897 1910
Top 2 Locations near Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int. Airport
Car Rental at Augusta Regional Airport from $89.33 per day228.8 km / 142.2 miles away
Car Rental at Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport from $85.91 per day351.7 km / 218.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Atlanta Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Atlanta Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Atlanta Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Kia Sorento||5||1||SUVs|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Toyota Corolla||4||1||Large cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Honda Civic||4||3||Large cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Dodge Grand Caravan||5||2||Vans|
|Thrifty||Mazda 3||5||3||Large cars|
|Thrifty||Ford Focus 3d||3||2||Medium cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Jeep Wrangler||4||2||SUVs|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.