Car Hire at Manchester Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
One of the largest cities in England, Manchester has long been known as a global hub of industry and manufacturing, and more recently it has become known as a hotspot of diversity, culture, and cuisine. But while the city is undoubtedly fun to explore, one of the best things about getting a rental car in Manchester is that you can also explore its surrounding area. With that in mind, here are three suggestions for a fun day-trip from Manchester:
- Peak District. A large hilly area and a national park in the neighboring regions of East Midlands and Yorkshire, the Peak District is often considered one of the most scenic parts of England. Despite being right next door to the large cities of Manchester, Sheffield, and Leeds, this region is a great place to go on a long hike, take in sightseeing tours in historic villages, or simply enjoy a slower pace of life. The western border of the Peak District is only about 32 km (20 miles) east of Manchester and, depending on traffic, can be reached by car in about 40 minutes.
- Lake District National Park. Slightly farther away, but still well within the bounds of a doable day trip, the Lake District can be reached from Manchester in about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Located in the historic region of Cumbria, it attracts visitors from near and far with its splendid hills, woodlands, and lakes, as well as the well-maintained hiking trails that crisscross it. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Lake District is the largest national park in England. Another beautiful protected area, Yorkshire Dales National Park, is practically next door.
- North Wales. Sparsely populated and somewhat underrated as a travel destination, the northern part of Wales is a great place to visit if you know where to look. Although its coastal resort towns are arguably past their heyday, they retain much of their historic architecture, beautiful promenades, and wooden piers; outside of them, you’ll find rough, dramatic beaches that you may have to yourself. The region is also home to rather impressive highlands dotted with mountain-top castles, heritage railways, and a fascinating, largely Welsh-speaking culture. The stunning island of Anglesey and Snowdonia National Park are two other important attractions. The scenic town of Llandudno is about a 90-minute drive west of Manchester and you can explore the rest of the region from there.
Top international routes
- Palma de Mallorca
- Montego Bay Sangster Airport
It also takes just an hour to drive to either Peak District National Park or Liverpool.
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 62 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 51 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 37 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 24 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 63 per day
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- London (323 km / 201 mi)
- Liverpool (57 km / 36 mi)
- Bradford (82km / 51 miles)
- Preston (55km / 34 miles)
- Burnley (47km / 29 miles)
- Telford (125km / 78 miles)
- Shrewsbury (135km / 84 miles)
- Blackburn (43km / 27 miles)
- Bolton (20km / 13 miles)
- Lancaster (84km / 52 miles)
- Blackpool (92km / 57 miles)
- Barrow-in-Furness (172 km / 107 mi)
Manchester Airport (MAN)
- IATA: MAN
- ICAO: EGCC
- Name: Manchester Airport (MAN)
- Size: Large Airport
- Flights per year: 203,631
- Passengers (per year): 27,791,274
- Distance from the city centre: 8.7 miles / 14 km SW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +44 (0) 161 489 3000
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Manchester Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Manchester Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Manchester Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Easirent||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Fiat 500||3||2||Small cars|
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Kia Ceed||3||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Ford Focus||5||3||Medium cars|
|GreenMotion||VW Polo 3d||3||2||Small cars|
|Enterprise||Vauxhall Zafira 5+2||5||1||People Carriers/Vans|
|Easirent||VW Passat STW||5||2||Station wagons|
|Ace Rent a car||Citroen C3||4||2||Medium cars|