Car Rental at Ljubljana Airport
500+ Trusted Suppliers:
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Fiat Panda or similar
$19.15 per day
Peugeot 208 or similar
$22.23 per day
Opel Astra or similar
$27.89 per day
Skoda Octavia STW or similar
$31.36 per day
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Opel Insignia or similar
$47.64 / per day
Renault Trafic or similar
$94.80 / per day
Mercedes Benz Vito or similar
$142.14 / per day
Mercedes Benz CLS or similar
$147.11 / per day
The above prices are only approximate and were last updated at 19:36 on 2023-03-29. Prices may vary based on the booking dates, length of rental, and car class.
Why book with us?
As a market leader (see SimilarWeb), we get special offers like contactless pick-ups, great prices, and free upgrades.
World's Leading Car Rental Booking Website in the World Travel Tech Awards (3 years in a row).
A combined rating of 4.5 with 90k total reviews on platforms like Trustpilot, Google, and Review Center.
Have already booked on one of the fastest-growing car rental booking websites.
Average car rental price
$66.54 / per day
Average car rental length
Speed limit within town
Speed limit out of town
Acceptable limit of BAC
Average gasoline price
$1.72 / 1 liter
Highest gasoline price
$1.95 / 1 liter
Lowest gasoline price
$1.63 / 1 liter
Airport Car Rental
The capital of Slovenia, Ljubljana is also its unmistakable center of culture and commerce. However, thanks to the city’s central location, Ljubljana is not only a great destination in its own right, but can also be a good starting point for exploring the rest of the country. With that in mind, these are three of the best ideas for road trips in Slovenia:
- Triglav National Park. One of the symbols of Slovenia, this large national park with the three-headed mountain at its center is just a 45-minute drive northwest of the capital. A hub for climbing, hiking, and other outdoor activities, it is the location of impressive mountain lakes, gorges, and waterfalls. Located on the edge of Triglav is Bled, one of the most scenic small towns in Europe.
- Adriatic coast. Slovenia might only have a coastline of about 47km (29 miles), but the country has done its best to make the most of it. In addition to popular beaches, the area is home to charming port cities like Izola which are notable for their imperial past and well-preserved architecture. Just off the coast are a number of karst cave systems that make for a claustrophobic, but unforgettable experience.
- Northeastern Slovenia. An unknown quantity for most foreign visitors and sometimes unjustly forgotten even by Slovenians themselves, the northeast is a secretly charming destination for those who know where to look. Highlights include historic castles and churches, natural attractions like Goričko Park, and bucolic vineyards which include the certifiably oldest vine in the world in the city of Maribor.
- Kamnik-Savinja Alps. This picturesque mountain range in Northern Slovenia represents the southeasternmost part of the Alps chain. The range is defined by deeply carved glacial valleys, plateaus, and craggy limestone mountains. Many destinations within the Kamnik-Savinja Alps, including Logar Valley, are only accessible by car.
Top international routes
easyJet, Wizz Air, Air France, Air Serbia, Lufthansa, and Turkish Airlines
The airport has two passenger terminals.
The airport is about 24 km (15 mi) from Ljubljana and 10 km (6 mi) from Kranj. Motorways A2/E61 and 104 are the main roads connecting Ljubljana Airport to the city.
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $74 per day
- Large cars - from $76 per day
- Medium cars - from $44 per day
- Vans - from $153 per day
- Small cars - from $32 per day
- SUVs - from $74 per day
Car rental desks
Many are located in the departures hall.
Services and facilities
You’ll find a good number of bars, snack kiosks, and restaurants, some of which offer outdoor seating during the summer. You can shop in one of the many stores, gift shops offering local Slovenian goods, or in the duty-free outlet. There are also ATMs, a currency exchange, a children’s play area, a post office, an observation deck, and regular art exhibitions. The airport’s facilities are easily accessible to travelers with reduced mobility.
Nearest gas station
Petrol BS Voklo, located at Gasilska cesta 55, can be reached in about seven minutes and is open 24/7. There are many other gas stations nearby and on the way to Ljubljana.
Popular one-way rentals
- Koper (106 km / 66 mi). Located about an hour’s drive southwest of the capital, Koper is Slovenia’s largest coastal city. During the summer months, its beautiful beaches attract thousands of lovers of the sun and the sea. The city is also home to a well-preserved old town and many historic landmarks.
- Zagreb (169 km / 105 mi). The capital city of neighboring Croatia, Zagreb is a classy place to visit. It might not get the same amount of visitors as the Croatian beach destinations like Pula or Split, but the city is a true hub of culture, architecture, and innovation, and has plenty to see and do. If you want to visit Zagreb or any other destination outside Slovenia, you should ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Maribor (127 km / 79 mi). Located in the northeast part of the country near the borders with Austria and Hungary, Maribor is a historic and interesting place to visit. A large hub of viticulture, it boasts the officially oldest vine in the world and some interesting wine tours (worth taking even if you’re driving and not allowed to sample the wines).
- Bled (54 km / 33 mi). Located on the eastern bank of the lake of the same, Bled has been called the most beautiful small city in the world. Surrounded by the beautiful Julian Alps and located near the Triglav National Park, Bled is a place of long valleys, impressive castles, and fairytale-like atmosphere.
- Vienna (388 km / 241 mi). The capital city of Austria remains one of the most impressive cities in Europe. The hometown of many world-class composers, it is full of amazing architecture, art galleries, and also lots of more contemporary attractions.
- Venice (262 km / 163 mi). Located just over the border in the northeastern corner of Italy, the famous city of channels is just a short three hour drive from Ljubljana. Venice is home to many world-famous landmarks, but the maze of its smaller side-streets and nearby islands like Burano and Lido can be just as fun to explore.
Fact checked by:
Sabrina Brett and Katrin Walzl
Fact checked and updated by Sabrina Brett and Katrin Walzl, the outdoor travel writers behind MoonHoneyTravel.com. Their goal is to make hiking in Europe more accessible by being a trustworthy resource for hut-to-hut hiking, coastal trekking, and day hiking.
Ljubljana Airport (LJU)
- IATA: LJU
- ICAO: LJLJ
- Name: Ljubljana Airport (LJU)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 34,467
- Passengers (per year): 1,683,045
- Distance from city: 12.4 miles / 20 km WNW of town
- Phone: +386 4 20 61 000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 2 Locations near Ljubljana Airport
Car Rental at Ljubljana Train Station from $22.44 per day1.5 km / 1.0 miles away
Car Rental at Hotel Lev from $21.92 per day1.6 km / 1.0 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Ljubljana Airport?
The cost of renting a car at Ljubljana Airport depends on the time of year. This graph compares month-to-month price changes to help you find the best deal.
Average Rental Price at Ljubljana Airport
The cheapest time of the year to rent a vehicle at Ljubljana Airport is January when prices for an Economy class start from $25.64. You can see that this is 43% cheaper than the yearly average and 67% cheaper than renting a car in August (when rental prices start at $76.93 for a Compact class). Knowing this can help you find the best price. But remember that these are just average numbers. The exact cost of your rental will depend on your rental length and on how far in advance you book the car. Enter your travel dates at the top of the page to see exact prices and offers!
What’s the most frequent rental length at Ljubljana Airport?
Travel length differs from one month to another: in October the average rental period is 11 days, while in January, the average rental period is only 6 days.
Average Rental Length
Which is the busiest month for car rental at Ljubljana Airport?
Travelers are most likely to rent a car at Ljubljana Airport in August, while they are least likely to to rent in in November.
Popularity by Monthly Searches
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Autounion, Flizzr, GreenMotion, Alamo, SIXT|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$19 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|GreenMotion||Peugeot 208||4||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Volkswagen Up||2||1||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Volkswagen Up||2||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Volkswagen Polo||5||2||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Opel Corsa||3||1||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Peugeot 108||3||2||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Opel Astra||5||2||Medium cars|
|Alamo||Hyundai i20||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.
August 2, 2022
Had a grate time in Cres
United Arab Emirates
Ford Custom Tourneo
August 2, 2022
Renault Clio STW
July 20, 2022
The natural landscapes, beaches, lakes and rivers in the countries of Slovenia and Croatia were extremely spectacular.
May 30, 2019
small airport. easy to find everything.
February 23, 2019
Ljubljana Airport is very convenient for any travelling within Slovenia!
Car Rental Statistics
Highest rated company
9.42 / 10
Lowest rated company
8.26 / 10
Total number of reviews
Total rental companies
Average daily price
Lowest daily price
Total cars available
Top 16 Suppliers at Ljubljana Airport in 2023
Letališče Jožeta Pučnika, Zgornji Brnik 130A, 4210 Brnik, Ljubljana
$37 - $95
Zg. Brnik 130 a, Ljubljana Airport, 4210 Brnik
$25 - $89
Zgornji Brnik 130a, 4210 Brnik - Aerodrom
$51 - $184
Zgornji Brnik 130a, ,
$22 - $121
Zgornji Brnik 130 a, 4210 Zgornji Brnik
$22 - $132
Zgornji Brnik 130a, 4210 Brnik
$67 - $403
APT TERM ZGORNJI BRNIK 130A,
$19 - $116
Airport Ljubljana, Zgornji Brnik 130a, 4210 Brnik
$22 - $89
AIRPORT TERMINAL, ZGORNJI BRNIK 130A
$25 - $129
ZG. BRNIK 130 A
$37 - $65
Apt Term Zgornji Brnik 130A
Zgornji Brnik 130 A
$32 - $187
+38631727777 / +38670727777
CelovAjka cesta 228 - In Terminal
In Terminal International Arrivals
+38630611178 / +38630611177
LETALIŠČE JOŽETA PUČNIKA ZGORNJI BRNIK 130A
LJUBLJANA BRNIK AIRPORT
Book and manage your booking on the go