Car Rental at Ljubljana Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of Slovenia, Ljubljana is also its unmistakable center of culture and commerce. However, thanks to the city’s central location, Ljubljana is not only a great destination in its own right, but can also be a good starting point for exploring the rest of the country. With that in mind, these are three of the best ideas for road trips in Slovenia:
- Triglav National Park. One of the symbols of Slovenia, this large national park with the three-headed mountain at its center is just a 45-minute drive northwest of the capital. A hub for climbing, hiking, and nature viewing, it is the location of impressive mountain lakes, ravines, and waterfalls. Located on the edge of Triglav is Bled, one of the most scenic small towns in Europe.
- Adriatic coast. Slovenia might only have a coastline of about 47km (29 miles), but the country has done its best to make the most of it. In addition to popular beaches, the area is home to charming port cities like Izola which are notable for their imperial past and well-preserved architecture. Just off the coast are a number of karst cave systems that make for a claustrophobic, but unforgettable experience.
- Northeastern Slovenia. An unknown quantity for most foreign visitors and sometimes unjustly forgotten even by Slovenians themselves, the northeast is a secretly charming destination for those who know where to look. Highlights include historic castles and churches, natural attractions like Goričko Park, and bucolic vineyards which include the certifiably oldest vine in the world in the city of Maribor.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $169 per day
- Large cars - from $301 per day
- Medium cars - from $40 per day
- Vans - from $272 per day
- Small cars - from $28 per day
- SUVs - from $169 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Koper (106 km / 66 mi). Located about an hour’s drive southwest of the capital, Koper is Slovenia’s largest coastal city. During the summer months, its beautiful beaches attract thousands of lovers of the sun and the sea. The city is also home to a well-preserved old town and many historic landmarks.
- Zagreb (169 km / 105 mi). The capital city of neighboring Croatia, Zagreb is a classy place to visit. It might not get the same amount of visitors as the Slovenian beach destinations like Pula or Split, but the city is a true hub of culture, architecture, and innovation, and has plenty to see and do. If you want to visit Zagreb or any other destination outside Slovenia, you should ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Maribor (127 km / 79 mi). Located in the northeast part of the country near the borders with Austria and Hungary, Maribor is a historic and interesting place to visit. A large hub of viticulture, it boasts the officially oldest vine in the world and some interesting wine tours (worth taking even if you’re driving and not allowed to sample the wines).
- Bled (54 km / 33 mi). Located on the eastern bank of the lake of the same, Bled has been called the most beautiful small city in the world. Surrounded by the beautiful Julian Alps and located near the Triglav National Park, Bled is a place of long valleys, impressive castles, and fairytale-like atmosphere.
- Vienna (388 km / 241 mi). The capital city of Austria remains one of the most impressive cities in Europe. The hometown of many world-class composers, it is full of amazing architecture, art galleries, and also lots of more contemporary attractions.
- Venice (262 km / 163 mi). Located just over the border in the northeastern corner of Italy, the famous city of channels is just a short three hour drive from Ljubljana. Venice is home to many world-famous landmarks, but the maze of its smaller side-streets and nearby islands like Burano and Lido can be just as fun to explore.
Ljubljana Airport (LJU)
- IATA: LJU
- ICAO: LJLJ
- Name: Ljubljana Airport (LJU)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 34,467
- Passengers (per year): 1,683,045
- Distance from city: 12.4 miles / 20 km WNW of town
- Phone: +386 4 20 61 000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Ljubljana Airport?
What’s the most frequent rental length at Ljubljana Airport?
Which is the busiest month for car rental at Ljubljana Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Flizzr||Volkswagen Up||2||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Volkswagen Up||2||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Peugeot 208||4||1||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Opel Corsa||3||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Volkswagen Polo||5||2||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Peugeot 108||3||2||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Opel Astra||5||2||Medium cars|
|Flizzr||Opel Astra||5||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.