Car Rental at Ljubljana Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Rent a car at Ljubljana Airport! Then drive into the city, park near the center, and take a leisurely stroll through the picturesque Old Town. Make sure to check out the iconic Zmajski Most, or Dragon Bridge, Ljubljana Castle, and the ruins of the Roman-era walls that once enclosed the city.
Ljubljana is home to some top-notch museums: the Architecture Museum of Ljubljana, the National Gallery, and the Museum of Modern Art are just a few. After you take in all the culture and history, enjoy a delicious meal—burek is a savory pie baked with a variety of fillings, or, if you’re feeling really adventurous, try a Slovenian horse meat burger.
Ljubljana’s a great destination, but there’s so much more to explore. With a longer term car rental deal you can visit the Slovenian Alps and head to the beautiful beach towns, Koper and Izola, or drive to neighboring Austria, Hungary, Italy, or Croatia. You can even pick up your rental car at Ljubljana Airport and drop it off in a different city. Start planning your adventure today!
Ljubljana Airport is also called Jože Pučnik Airport, Brnik Airport, and Letališče Jožeta Pučnika Ljubljana.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $38 per day
- Large cars - from $47 per day
- Medium cars - from $25 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $76 per day
- Small cars - from $14 per day
- SUVs - from $45 per day
Top car rental companies
- National (Tel: +38630208881)
- SIXT (Tel: +38642382414)
- Enterprise (Tel: 38630208881)
- Alamo (Tel: +38630208881)
- Europcar (Tel: +38642367990)
- Avis (Tel: +38642365000)
- Autounion (Tel: +38631391962)
- Alamo (Tel: +38630208881)
- Surprice (Tel: +38631727777)
- GreenMotion (Tel: +38631747400)
- NUCarrentals (Tel: +38642019848)
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Koper (106 km / 66 mi). Located about an hour’s drive southwest of the capital, Koper is Slovenia’s largest coastal city. During the summer months, its beautiful beaches attract thousands of lovers of the sun and the sea. The city is also home to a well-preserved old town and many historic landmarks.
- Zagreb (169 km / 105 mi). The capital city of neighboring Croatia, Zagreb is a classy place to visit. It might not get the same amount of visitors as the Slovenian beach destinations like Pula or Split, but the city is a true hub of culture, architecture, and innovation, and has plenty to see and do. If you want to visit Zagreb or any other destination outside Slovenia, you should ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Maribor (127 km / 79 mi). Located in the northeast part of the country near the borders with Austria and Hungary, Maribor is a historic and interesting place to visit. A large hub of viticulture, it boasts the officially oldest vine in the world and some interesting wine tours (worth taking even if you’re driving and not allowed to sample the wines).
- Bled (54 km / 33 mi). Located on the eastern bank of the lake of the same, Bled has been called the most beautiful small city in the world. Surrounded by the beautiful Julian Alps and located near the Triglav National Park, Bled is a place of long valleys, impressive castles, and fairytale-like atmosphere.
- Vienna (388 km / 241 mi). The capital city of Austria remains one of the most impressive cities in Europe. The hometown of many world-class composers, it is full of amazing architecture, art galleries, and also lots of more contemporary attractions.
- Venice (262 km / 163 mi). Located just over the border in the northeastern corner of Italy, the famous city of channels is just a short three hour drive from Ljubljana. Venice is home to many world-famous landmarks, but the maze of its smaller side-streets and nearby islands like Burano and Lido can be just as fun to explore.
Ljubljana Airport (LJU)
- IATA: LJU
- ICAO: LJLJ
- Name: Ljubljana Airport (LJU)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 34,467
- Passengers (per year): 1,683,045
- Distance from City: 12.4 miles / 20 km WNW of town
- Phone: +386 4 20 61 000
- Email: email@example.com
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Ljubljana Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Ljubljana Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Ljubljana Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Alamo||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||Renault Clio||5||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Hyundai i20||4||2||Small cars|
|SIXT||VW Up!||3||Small cars|
|SIXT||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
|NUCarrentals||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Opel Astra||5||2||Medium cars|
|Alamo||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|SIXT||Audi Q2 Aut.||5||2||SUVs|