Car Rental at Windhoek Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Located far away from the coast, near the geographical center of Namibia, Windhoek sits at an elevation of 1,600 m (5200 feet). While the isolated location and the dry, moonlike landscapes that surround it give it a remote feel, Windhoek is also a modern capital with plenty of culture and entertainment going on. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Alte Feste. A fortification built in the late 19th century when the area was ruled by German colonizers, Alte Feste is not just an impressive structure in its own right but also a notable memorial of Namibia’s complicated history. It now houses the National Museum of Namibia.
- Parliament Gardens. There’s lots of fascinating nature in Namibia, and some of it can be enjoyed without leaving the capital. Located next to the Ink Palace, the seat of the Parliament of Namibia, this former olive grove is known not just for the publicly available greenery but also for housing bronze statues of former political leaders, chiefs, and anti-apartheid activists.
- Namib-Naukluft National Park. There are several nature and game preserves around the capital — Daan Viljoen is just half an hour’s drive to the northwest — but to enjoy the full might of Namibian outdoors, head to Namib-Naukluft National Park. Known for its otherworldly landscapes, totally wild combinations of colors, and the fact that it is the largest in all of Africa, the national park is home to such wildlife as leopards, cape foxes, and gemsbok antelopes. The drive from Windhoek takes about four hours each way and requires some planning (parts of the park are only accessible with a 4x4), but the experience is worth it.
Top international routes
- Cape Town
- Addis Ababa
- Victoria Falls
The single terminal building at WDH hosts all international and local flights.
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $97 per day
- Medium cars - from $50 per day
- Small cars - from $47 per day
- SUVs - from $86 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Walvis Bay (439 km / 273 mi)
- Swakopmund (405 km / 252 mi)
- Cape Town (1,519 km / 944 mi)
- Victoria Falls (1,471 km / 914 mi)
- Johannesburg (1,344 km / 835 mi)
- Maun (766 km / 476 mi)
- Swakopmund (396 km / 246 mi)
Windhoek Airport (WDH)
- IATA: WDH
- ICAO: FYWH
- Name: Windhoek Airport (WDH)
- Distance from city: 24.9 miles / 40 km
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Windhoek Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Windhoek Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Windhoek Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Hertz, Europcar, Avis, Budget|
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Small cars, Medium cars, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$47 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Hertz||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Hertz||Toyota Corolla Cross||5||3||SUVs|
|Hertz||Volkswagen T-Cross||5||2||Medium cars|
|Europcar||Toyota Hilux||4||5||Large cars|
|Avis||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Medium cars|
|Hertz||Toyota Corolla Quest||4||2||Medium cars|
|Hertz||Toyota RAV 4||5||2||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.