Car Rental at Kuala Lumpur Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
A futuristic metropolis with a stunning skyline, Kuala Lumpur is also a surprisingly diverse destination — the city is home to plenty of culture and has lots of historical attractions if you know where to look. Better yet, the city also offers easy access to some of Malaysia’s most serene natural wonders. These are five of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Petronas Twin Towers. The Petronas Twin Towers are iconic skyscrapers that once held the title of the world's tallest twin towers. Standing at a height of 452 meters (1,483 feet), they are renowned for their stunning architecture and serve as a symbol of Malaysia's modernity and economic growth.
- Chinatown. Unlike in many other cities around the world, this Chinatown isn’t just an ethnic district, it’s also one of the oldest parts of the city as the Chinese were some of the first inhabitants of modern Kuala Lumpur. Consequently, the area is surprisingly diverse and you’ll find Chinese temples right next to Hindu houses of prayer. The main artery of Chinatown is Petaling Street, a hectic, but charming, area known for its street vendors, eclectic architecture, many restaurants, and open-air market.
- Merdeka Square. Merdeka Square is located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur and is the most significant public space. It is known for its expansive open area, dominated by the towering Sultan Abdul Samad Building and the iconic 95-meter flagpole, where Malaysia's independence was declared in 1957, making it a symbol of the nation's sovereignty and freedom.
- Botanical Garden. This area is named after the beautiful Perdana Botanical Garden which remains one of its main attractions but, in fact, includes much more than just that — the area is also home to landmarks like the Masjid Negara (National Mosque), as well as the National Museum, Islamic Arts Museum, National Planetarium, and Malay World Ethnology Museum.
- Fraser’s Hill. A former hill station located in the inland part of mainland Malaysia, Fraser’s Hill is one of the most popular day trips from the capital (the drive takes about two hours each way). Made up of majestic peaks, misty tropical forests, and plenty of hiking trails, it’s a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy the fresh mountain air. If you’ve got more time on your hands, you can travel even further to the Krau Wildlife Park or Taman Negara National Park.
Top international routes
- Hong Kong
- Ho Chi Minh City
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $36 per day
- Medium cars - from $30 per day
- Vans - from $46 per day
- Small cars - from $22 per day
- SUVs - from $50 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Kuala Lumpur Airport (KUL)
- IATA: KUL
- ICAO: WMKK
- Name: Kuala Lumpur Airport (KUL)
- Distance from city: 31.1 miles / 50 km
Top 4 Locations near Kuala Lumpur Airport
Car Rental at Johor Bahru (Senai International) Airport from $29.67 per day251.2 km / 156.1 miles away
Car Rental at Penang Airport from $25.72 per day323.9 km / 201.3 miles away
Car Rental at Langkawi Airport from $20.54 per day454.2 km / 282.2 miles away
Car Rental at Kota Kinabalu International Airport from $24.35 per day1629.0 km / 1012.2 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Kuala Lumpur Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Kuala Lumpur Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Kuala Lumpur Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Galaxy Asia Car, Keddy, Paradise Car Rental, SEIYON Rent a Car, Europcar|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Vans, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$22 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Galaxy Asia Car||Proton Saga||4||2||Small cars|
|Paradise Car Rental||Proton Saga||4||2||Small cars|
|Keddy||Perodua Bezza||5||1||Small cars|
|Galaxy Asia Car||Perodua Bezza||4||2||Small cars|
|Keddy||Nissan Almera||4||1||Medium cars|
|Galaxy Asia Car||Perodua Alza||5||2||Vans|
|Paradise Car Rental||Perodua Bezza||4||2||Small cars|
|Paradise Car Rental||Proton Exora||5||2||Vans|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.