Car Rental at Helsinki Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Helsinki might lack the same historical grandeur as other Nordic capitals like Copenhagen or Stockholm, but it has plenty of other aces up its sleeve. Often named both one of the most innovative and the most livable cities on the planet, it has no shortage of interesting museums, entertainment, and landmarks. These are three of the most interesting attractions of Helsinki:
- Ateneum. The most notable of the cultural institutions that make up the Finnish National Gallery, Ateneum is also the largest art museum in Finland. Located in a 19th-century building that boasts a truly stunning facade, the museum hosts classical works of most famous Finnish artists, as well as renowned foreign masters like Munch, Cezanne, and Van Gogh.
- Löyly. An essential part of Finnish culture is its healthy obsession with subjecting oneself to heat and steam, and in recent years visiting one has been a quintessential part of a tourist’s experience. No visit to the Finnish capital is complete without experiencing a traditional Finnish sauna, and while there are almost countless opportunities for that — even most residential buildings have one — the Löyly public sauna is probably the most glamorous one. Combining a conventional sauna look with modern design influences and located right on the Baltic coast, it has been mentioned in foreign media like CNN, Vogue, and Time. Read more about the best ways to immerse yourself in Helsinki’s sauna culture here.
- National parks. There are plenty of parks and urban forests in Helsinki, but if that doesn’t feel wild enough for you, the Uusimaa region, of which Helsinki is a part, is home to three national parks. Ekenäs Archipelago can only be reached by boat (although visiting it is still a very worthwhile experience), but Nuuksio and Sipoonkorpi are both only about a 40-minute drive away (to the northwest and northeast, respectively). Both these parks are characterized by thick forests, walking trails, and local wildlife like European nightjars, flying squirrels, and, in the case of Nuuksio, even reindeer. Visiting the nature of Helsinki and the surrounding areas is an essential addition to every Helsinki itinerary.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $35 per day
- Large cars - from $51 per day
- Medium cars - from $33 per day
- Vans - from $122 per day
- Premium cars - from $97 per day
- Small cars - from $30 per day
- SUVs - from $37 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Tampere (172 km / 107 mi)
- Kuopio (382 km / 237 mi)
- Rovaniemi (802 km / 498 mi)
- Tallinn (109 km / 68 mi)
- Saint Petersburg (387 km / 240 mi)
- Riga (417 km / 259 mi)
- Lahti (100 km / 62 mi)
Helsinki Airport (HEL)
- IATA: HEL
- ICAO: EFHK
- Name: Helsinki Airport (HEL)
- Distance from city: 10.6 miles / 17 km
Top 10 Locations near Helsinki Airport
Car Rental in Helsinki (Downtown) from $26.48 per day16.0 km / 9.9 miles away
Car Rental at Tampere-Pirkkala Airport from $48.10 per day143.0 km / 88.9 miles away
191.1 km / 118.7 miles away
Car Rental at Joensuu Airport from $60.58 per day358.7 km / 222.9 miles away
Car Rental at Oulu Airport from $48.41 per day513.2 km / 318.9 miles away
Car Rental at Oulu Train Station from $58.71 per day522.6 km / 324.7 miles away
Car Rental at Kuusamo Airport from $99.33 per day665.7 km / 413.6 miles away
Car Rental at Rovaniemi Airport from $85.85 per day695.7 km / 432.3 miles away
Car Rental at Kittilä Airport from $68.16 per day821.1 km / 510.2 miles away
Car Rental at Ivalo Airport from $76.86 per day929.0 km / 577.3 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Helsinki Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Helsinki Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Helsinki Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||GreenMotion, Alamo, Keddy, FiRENT, Autounion|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, Station wagons, SUVs|
|Lowest price||$30 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|GreenMotion||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Volkswagen Golf STW||5||3||Station wagons|
|FiRENT||Toyota Yaris||5||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|FiRENT||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Volkswagen Golf||4||3||Medium cars|
|Autounion||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Opel Astra||4||3||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.