Car Rental at Calama El Loa Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Calama is the gateway to Chile’s remote north and one of the most popular attractions in the country, the Atacama Desert. The town’s largest tourist attraction is the large copper mine that the city is built around, but predominantly, most travelers will use Calama as a hub for exploring the fascinating nature of the surrounding region. With that in mind, these are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Calama:
- Chuquicamata Mine. Although inhabited since pre-Columbian times, the modern history of Calama is inextricably linked with the mining industry. Visiting the neighboring Chuquicamata mine, at one point the largest copper mine in the world, is an otherworldly experience and something you shouldn’t miss when visiting the area. You can only visit on a guided bus tour — you can book it by either sending an email to email@example.com, calling the number +56 552322122, or visiting the tourist information center at El Loa Park in Calama.
- Chiu Chiu. Located just a 30-minute drive northeast of Calama, the oasis village of San Francisco de Chiu Chiu is one of the most popular (and the most accessible) day trips in the area. The area is known for its crater-like lagoons and the nearby Lasana Canyon, as well as the oldest church in Chile which dates back to the early 17th century and was built with an indigenous technique using mud and cactus wood.
- San Pedro de Atacama. Located about an 80-minute drive southeast of Calama is the town of San Pedro, one of the most popular tourist attractions in Chile. From the Moon Valley and the geysers of El Tatio to ancient petroglyphs and some of the best stargazing tours on the planet, the area is absolutely rich in awe-inspiring experiences to have. Keep in mind that while having a rental car is a great help in exploring the region, there are obstacles such as rugged mountain roads, an elevation of up to 4,700 m (15,420 feet), temperatures that get as low as -15 C (5 F), and extremely low population density. Prepare well, plan accordingly, and consider hiring a guide.
Top international routes
- La Serena
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $93 per day
- Small cars - from $86 per day
- SUVs - from $92 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Arica (605 km / 376 mi)
- Antofagasta (215 km / 133 mi)
Calama El Loa Airport (CJC)
- IATA: CJC
- ICAO: SCCF
- Name: Calama El Loa Airport (CJC)
- Distance from city: 3.7 miles / 6 km
Top 8 Locations near Calama El Loa Airport
Car Rental at Arica Chacalluta Airport from $53.67 per day484.4 km / 301.0 miles away
Car Rental at La Serena La Florida Airport from $53.67 per day856.4 km / 532.1 miles away
Car Rental at Santiago International Airport from $31.68 per day1225.8 km / 761.7 miles away
Car Rental at La Araucania Airport from $34.30 per day1861.3 km / 1156.6 miles away
Car Rental at Puerto Montt Airport from $29.29 per day2142.3 km / 1331.2 miles away
Car Rental at Balmaceda Airport from $106.36 per day2584.7 km / 1606.1 miles away
Car Rental at Punta Arenas Airport from $92.71 per day3396.5 km / 2110.5 miles away
6593.1 km / 4096.8 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Calama El Loa Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Calama El Loa Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Calama El Loa Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Keddy, Europcar, Routes Car Rental, Avis|
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$86 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Europcar||Chevrolet D-Max||4||3||Large cars|
|Avis||Nissan Versa||2||3||Large cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.