Car Rental at Calama El Loa Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Airport Car Rental
Built around a large copper mine that has now been turned into a tourist attraction, Calama is one of the largest cities of Chile’s remote north. While the city itself is not without merit and has things for a curious traveler to explore (including the aforementioned mine), its main attraction is that it can be used as a hub for exploring the fascinating nature of the surrounding region. With that in mind, these are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Calama:
- Chuquicamata Mine. Although inhabited since pre-Columbian times, the modern history of Calama is inextricably linked with the mining industry. Visiting the neighboring Chuquicamata mine, at one point the largest copper mine in the world, is an otherworldly experience and something you shouldn’t miss when visiting the area. You can only visit on a guided bus tour — you can book it by either sending an email to email@example.com, calling the number +56 552322122, or visiting the tourist information center at El Loa Park in Calama.
- Chiu Chiu. Located just a 30-minute drive northeast of Calama, the oasis village of San Francisco de Chiu Chiu is one of the most popular (and the most accessible) day trips in the area. The area is known for its crater-like lagoons and the nearby Lasana Canyon, as well as the oldest church in Chile which dates back to the early 17th century and was built with an indigenous technique using mud and cactus wood.
- San Pedro de Atacama. Located about an 80-minute drive southeast of Calama is the town of San Pedro, one of the most popular tourist attractions in Chile. From the Moon Valley and the geysers of El Tatio to ancient petroglyphs and some of the best stargazing tours on the planet, the area is absolutely rich in awe-inspiring experiences to have. Keep in mind that while having a rental car is a great help in exploring the region, there are obstacles such as rugged mountain roads, an elevation of up to 4,700 m (15,420 feet), temperatures that get as low as -15 C (5 F), and extremely low population density. Prepare well, plan accordingly, and consider hiring a guide.
Top international routes
- La Serena
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $189 per day
- SUVs - from $119 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Arica (605 km / 376 mi)
- Antofagasta (215 km / 133 mi)
Calama El Loa Airport (CJC)
- IATA: CJC
- ICAO: SCCF
- Name: Calama El Loa Airport (CJC)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Passengers (per year): 315,725
- Distance from City: 3.7 miles / 6 km SE of town
Top 11 Locations near Calama El Loa Airport
Car Rental at Antofagasta Cerro Moreno Airport from $71.29 per day186.7 km / 116.0 miles away
Car Rental at Iquique Diego Aracena Airport from $47.90 per day254.2 km / 157.9 miles away
Car Rental at Arica Chacalluta Airport from $76.20 per day484.6 km / 301.1 miles away
Car Rental at La Serena La Florida Airport from $76.20 per day854.6 km / 531.0 miles away
Car Rental at Viña del Mar Airport from $39.33 per day1187.9 km / 738.1 miles away
Car Rental at Santiago International Airport from $39.33 per day1224.3 km / 760.8 miles away
Car Rental at Talca Airport from $39.33 per day1454.5 km / 903.8 miles away
Car Rental at Temuco Airport from $39.33 per day1859.7 km / 1155.6 miles away
Car Rental at Puerto Montt Airport from $49.15 per day2140.8 km / 1330.2 miles away
Car Rental at Coyhaique Balmaceda Airport from $72.28 per day2583.3 km / 1605.2 miles away
Car Rental at Punta Arenas Airport from $51.25 per day3395.3 km / 2109.7 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Calama El Loa Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Calama El Loa Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Calama El Loa Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers