Car Rental at Linz Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of the province of Upper Austria and the country’s third-largest city, Linz can be a very fun place to visit. Although not as immediately spectacular as Vienna, it has plenty to offer, especially if you’re patient enough to look beneath the surface. These are five of its most interesting attractions:
- Linz’s main square. The main square of Linz, Austria, in German known as "Hauptplatz" is a vibrant and historic center of the city. It is characterized by its charming baroque and neoclassical architecture, with the impressive Holy Trinity Column at its heart, and it serves as a bustling hub for shopping, dining, and cultural events.
- New Cathedral. Also known as Neuer Dom and Mariendom, the largest church in Austria took 60 years to finish and will celebrate its 100th birthday in 2024. Built in a Gothic Revival style, it has around 20,000 seats. The church continues to fulfill its original function but is also open to visitors and is a very popular tourist attraction.
- Ars Electronica Center. The Ars Electronica Center is a state-of-the-art museum and research facility located in Linz. Known for its innovative exhibitions and interactive displays that explore the intersection of art, science and technology, it is a major cultural attraction in Linz. See artificial intelligence "think", train self-driving cars, program robots, 3D print, and more!
- Lentos Museum of Art. Austria has been home to several highly innovative modern artists such as Oskar Kokoschka, Gustav Klimt, and Egon Schiele, all of whom have become famous far beyond the country’s borders. The works of all three, as well as dozens of other artists, can be enjoyed in Lentos, Linz’s main contemporary art museum.
- Botanical Gardens. Among both the largest and the most interesting in all of Europe, Linz’s botanical gardens are another landmark that’s not to be missed. Home to both native and exotic flora, the gardens are made up of five greenhouses and more than 10,000 specimens. The gardens are about a 6-minute drive south of the city center, which is itself centered around the Danube and where the two previously mentioned attractions can be found.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $102 per day
- Large cars - from $81 per day
- Medium cars - from $65 per day
- Premium cars - from $124 per day
- Small cars - from $51 per day
- SUVs - from $74 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Vienna (245 km / 152 mi)
- Salzburg (126 km / 78 mi)
- Munich (270 km / 168 mi)
- Prague (245 km / 152 mi)
- Innsbruck (306 km / 190 mi)
- Budapest (435 km / 270 mi)
Linz Airport (LNZ)
- IATA: LNZ
- ICAO: LOWL
- Name: Linz Airport (LNZ)
- Distance from city: 6.8 miles / 11 km
Top 9 Locations near Linz Airport
Car Rental in Salzburg (Downtown) from $48.18 per day96.4 km / 59.9 miles away
Car Rental at Salzburg Airport from $47.91 per day100.7 km / 62.6 miles away
Car Rental at Vienna Hauptbahnhof Train Station from $40.22 per day162.3 km / 100.8 miles away
Car Rental in Vienna (Downtown) from $17.18 per day164.2 km / 102.0 miles away
Car Rental in Vienna Simmering from $40.22 per day165.5 km / 102.8 miles away
Car Rental at Graz Airport from $40.34 per day167.0 km / 103.8 miles away
Car Rental at Klagenfurt Airport from $44.83 per day177.2 km / 110.1 miles away
Car Rental at Vienna Airport from $14.11 per day177.2 km / 110.1 miles away
Car Rental at Innsbruck Airport from $45.12 per day238.5 km / 148.2 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Linz Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Linz Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Linz Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Hertz, Europcar|
|Popular car categories||Large cars, SUVs, Small cars|
|Lowest price||$51 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Europcar||Seat Ateca||5||3||Large cars|
|Hertz||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|Eurocar Test||Citroën Jumpy||5||3||Vans|
|Europcar||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.