Car Rental at Innsbruck Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Innsbruck Airport is also known as Kranebitten Airport and Flughafen Innsbruck. There is a lot to see and do around Innsbruck, especially with a rental car. Here are some ideas for day trips from Innsbruck:
- Hofkirche. Also known as the Court Church, the most important house of prayer in Innsbruck dates back to the 16th century when it was built under the orders of Emperor Frederick I. Nowadays, the Catholic church is a very popular tourist attraction that’s known for its life-size bronze statues of historically known personages.
- Ambras Castle. Another architectural masterpiece of the 16th century, Schloss Ambras also dates back to the time of the Holy Roman Empire’s rule of the Tyrol region. Having replaced an even older castle that stood at the same site, it is one of the most notable palatial complexes in Austria and boasts a vast art collection that is on display for visitors to enjoy.
- Igls. Best known for its Olympic skiing and bobsleigh tracks that continue to host world-class events every year, the town of Igls is one of the several winter sports hubs that can be found in the area. Igls is also a popular hiking destination, not just for its natural beauty but also as the location of several Bronze Age sites that rank among the best-preserved in Europe. The drive from Innsbruck to Igls takes only about 15 minutes.
- Eng. Located at an altitude of 1,227m (4,025ft), Eng has the largest highland pastures in Europe. This is where local farmers let their cattle graze in the summer, later making the famous Tyrolean cheese in winter. Part of the Karwendel Nature Park, Eng is just a short ride away from Innsbruck, but its remoteness and the Alpine scenery can make it feel like true wilderness.
- Schwaz. A small city in the Lower Inn Valley, Schwaz is best known for its silver mine. Now closed for industry and functioning as a museum, it provided the precious metal for 500 years. You’ll have to take a miner’s train to get inside the mountain. After getting back to daylight, don’t miss out on the city’s planetarium, another fascinating place to visit. Just 30km (18.6 miles) east of Innsbruck, Schwaz can be reached by car in about 35 minutes.
- Karwendel Nature Park. One of Europe’s oldest protected nature areas, Karwendel is characterized by jagged peaks, meadows full of orchids, and even some highland fens. Parts of the park are accessible by car, but it’s also worth going on one of the hikes available — you might even spot a wild ibex. The drive from Innsbruck to Karwendel takes less than 30 minutes.
- Salzburg. Salzburg is the fourth-largest city in Austria, but in all honesty, that’s the least impressive of its titles. With its impressive fortresses and cathedrals, the mountain scenery of the Salzach River, and nearby alpine lakes, Mozart’s birthplace is considered by many to be one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Located about 185km (115 miles) northeast of Innsbruck, Salzburg can be reached by car in a little more than two hours.
- Stubai Valley. Stubaital is one of the most famous alpine valleys in Austria. Located only a 30-minute drive from Innsbruck, it's a must-visit spot. It is a famous winter and summer ski destination as skiing on the Stubai glacier is possible year-round. A myriad of hiking trails accessible with short gondola rides away offers a great outdoor experience to tourists visiting Stubai valley.
- Seefeld and Leutasch. Located on a high plateau, just 30 minutes away from Innsbruck, Leutasch and Seefeld are a cross-country skiing paradise with over 200 kilometers of groomed classic and skating trails from beginner to advanced levels.
- Sölden and Oetztal. The little town of Sölden, whose population only amounts to 3500 people, is the third most visited destination in Austria with a turnaround of 2 million per year. Thanks to its extensive ski network with over 146 kilometers of skiable terrain and countless hiking and biking trails Soelden is an outdoor paradise. One of the biggest attractions of Sölden is the James Bond Elements high altitude alpine galleries built on the summit of Gaislachkogel, specifically. It was one of the filming locations of the Spectre movie.
Top international routes
- Palma de Mallorca
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $66 per day
- Large cars - from $58 per day
- Medium cars - from $46 per day
- Vans - from $82 per day
- Premium cars - from $131 per day
- Small cars - from $45 per day
- SUVs - from $67 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Salzburg (192 km / 119 mi)
- Vienna (482 km / 299 mi)
- Munich (146 km / 91 mi)
- Dubrovnik (1,111 km / 690 mi)
- Milan (407 km / 253 mi)
- Geneva (560 km / 348 mi)
Innsbruck Airport (INN)
- IATA: INN
- ICAO: LOWI
- Name: Innsbruck Airport (INN)
- Distance from city: 2.5 miles / 4 km
Top 9 Locations near Innsbruck Airport
Car Rental at Salzburg Airport from $47.88 per day138.0 km / 85.7 miles away
Car Rental in Salzburg (Downtown) from $53.19 per day142.3 km / 88.4 miles away
Car Rental at Klagenfurt Airport from $44.80 per day237.4 km / 147.5 miles away
Car Rental at Linz Airport from $50.61 per day238.5 km / 148.2 miles away
Car Rental at Graz Airport from $40.31 per day311.3 km / 193.4 miles away
Car Rental at Vienna Hauptbahnhof Train Station from $40.19 per day390.2 km / 242.5 miles away
Car Rental in Vienna (Downtown) from $17.17 per day392.3 km / 243.8 miles away
Car Rental in Vienna Simmering from $40.19 per day392.9 km / 244.1 miles away
Car Rental at Vienna Airport from $14.11 per day402.4 km / 250.0 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Innsbruck Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Innsbruck Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Innsbruck Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Europcar, Alamo, SIXT, Megadrive, Enterprise|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, Large cars, Station wagons|
|Lowest price||$45 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Alamo||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Alamo||Opel Astra||5||2||Medium cars|
|Europcar||Volkswagen T-Cross||4||2||Medium cars|
|Europcar||Fiat 500||2||1||Small cars|
|Europcar||Volkswagen T-Cross||5||2||Medium cars|
|Megadrive||Suzuki Swift||2||1||Small cars|
|Enterprise||Peugeot 3008||5||3||Large cars|
|Megadrive||Fiat Punto||3||2||Small cars|
|SIXT||Citroën C3||2||1||Small cars|
|Buchbinder||Hyundai i20||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.