Car Rental at Philadelphia International Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Occasionally rough around the edges, but equally charming and creative, the City of Brotherly Love is a truly modern metropolis. Its history is famous, and its parks and green areas are well celebrated, but Philly is equally a cultural hub – there’s plenty of innovation going on and always a new performance to catch. These are three of its best attractions:
- Independence National Historical Park. There are very few places of equal historical relevance as that of what’s often called America’s most historic square mile. A center of the American Revolution, it is where the Founding Fathers convened and drafted both the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution — Independence Hall is a World Heritage site. The park is part of the Old City, where many other heritage landmarks can be found.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art. Open since 1876 and located in one of the most impressive buildings in the city, the PMoA is equally relevant for its collections. With about a quarter of a million exhibits and artworks on display, it houses everything from Ancient Egyptian and pre-Columbian art to works by some of the most important American and international authors of the last centuries. Visit the museum’s website to learn more.
- Fairmount Park. Not just the largest, Fairmount Park is also one of the most beloved green areas in Philadelphia by locals and visitors alike. Divided into two parts by the Schuylkill River, it features attractions like the Centennial Arboretum, the interactive Please Touch Museum, several famous statues, and landmark buildings like the Boelsen Cottage.
Top international routes
- Punta Cana
- Montego Bay
American receives competition from other domestic airlines like Delta, and United, but its primary competitor is the low-cost airline Southwest. At the same time, Philadelphia is a focus city for Frontier Airlines. jetBlue and Spirit, two other low-cost airlines, also have flights from and to the airport.
Major international airlines at the airport include Air Canada, British Airways, Lufthansa, Icelandair, and Qatar Airlines.
Terminals B and C, which are connected, are used exclusively by American Airlines.
Terminal D hosts the other major domestic airlines (Alaska, Delta, and United) along with Air Canada. It is connected to terminals B and C after security.
Terminal E is the low-cost terminal. This is where you will arrive if flying with Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, or Spirit.
Finally, Terminal F is the airport’s regional terminal and is home to American Eagle. The terminal is unique in that it has special jet bridges allowing passengers to board small regional planes without having to walk on the tarmac.
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $137 per day
- Large cars - from $47 per day
- Medium cars - from $46 per day
- Vans - from $93 per day
- Premium cars - from $63 per day
- Small cars - from $46 per day
- SUVs - from $44 per day
Car rental desks
Note that Thrifty and Sixt are located just outside the airport and the shuttles take a little more time to reach their rental locations.
Services and facilities
Ther airport has many different services for passengers. These include free wifi throughout the terminals along with many charging points, pet relief areas, nursing areas for mothers, 17 ATMs, and currency exchanges, though you are, as always, better off taking out money out of an ATM or bringing it from your home country. The most unique service offered at PHL is the Minute Suites where you can book a room to work, relax, or sleep in by the hour. This is a great option if your flight is delayed or you arrive at the airport early. A Marriot Hotel can be found at the airport along with a few other hotels just outside of the airport’s territory that offer free shuttles. This is helpful if you need to return a rental the night before an early morning flight.
Lounges include four different American Airlines Admirals Clubs, British Airways Galleries Lounge in Terminal A, Delta Sky Club in Terminal d, and United Club between Terminals C and D. In addition to these, there is a USO lounge for members of the military and their families. You can find this lounge in Terminal A.
Finally, you won’t go hungry or thirsty at PHL. Various dining options can be found throughout all of the terminals. These range from fast-food chains to restaurants with table service. Coffee shops and bars are readily available in all terminals, too.
Nearest gas station
If approaching from the south, for instance from Wilmington, you should exit I-95 at exit 9A onto State Route 420 in Essington. You will almost immediately reach Route 291, Industrial Highway. If you turn right, there is a Sunoco Station. From there, you could return to I-95 or continue along Industrial Highway to the airport. Farther down Industrial Highway is a Valero station, though it is on the side of the road heading away from the airport, and a Pacific Pride Station, which though not a popular brand, is the most convenient station.
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- IATA: PHL
- ICAO: KPHL
- Name: Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Distance from city: 5 miles / 8 km
Top 8 Locations near Philadelphia International Airport
Car Rental at Lehigh Valley International Airport from $46.69 per day88.2 km / 54.8 miles away
Car Rental at Lancaster Airport from $61.75 per day94.1 km / 58.5 miles away
Car Rental at Harrisburg International Airport from $69.70 per day133.9 km / 83.2 miles away
167.9 km / 104.3 miles away
Car Rental at University Park Airport from $57.93 per day246.1 km / 152.9 miles away
355.7 km / 221.0 miles away
Car Rental at Pittsburgh International Airport from $45.53 per day430.2 km / 267.3 miles away
481.3 km / 299.1 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Philadelphia International Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Philadelphia International Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Philadelphia International Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Dollar, Thrifty, SIXT, Alamo, Payless|
|Popular car categories||Large cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Small cars|
|Lowest price||$44 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Dollar||Honda Civic||4||2||Large cars|
|Dollar||Hyundai Accent||4||2||Medium cars|
|Thrifty||Mazda 3||5||3||Large cars|
|Dollar||Chevrolet Spark||4||2||Small cars|
|Dollar||Ford Explorer||4||2||Large cars|
|Thrifty||Ford Focus||3||2||Medium cars|
|Dollar||Chevrolet Malibu||4||2||Large cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.