Car Hire in Paphos
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Why hire a car in Paphos?
Located on the southwestern coast of Cyprus, Paphos is one of the most interesting destinations of that island country. Like other Cypriot cities, it has no shortage of fun nightlife options, but on top of that, it also boasts plenty of historical stories to tell, some of them dating all the way back to antiquity.
One-way Car Hire in Paphos
The most popular one-way car hire options for pick up in Paphos and drop off in another city include:
- From Paphos to Larnaca - 194 offers from £ 9.07 per day
Top ways to enter Paphos
- Paphos Airport. The gateway for most international visitors, Paphos Airport is located just southwest of the city centre and can be reached by car in about 20 minutes. The airport has flights by numerous low-cost carriers.
- Larnaca Airport. Significantly larger, but about a 90-minute drive away from Paphos, Larnaca Airport is another entry point for foreign visitors to Cyprus.
Top destinations and activities
- Paphos Archaeological Park. Cyprus is all about the sea and the beach — but also stunning history immortalized by many Ancient Hellenic tales and legends; when it comes to Paphos, the area is widely known as the birthplace of Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love. Telling fact from fiction is the task of historians, but what is definitely true is that the city’s Archaeological Park, located just a short drive southwest of the old town, is home to the ruins of two stunning villas built millennia ago.
- Tomb of the Kings. It’s up to you whether you want to visit a necropolis during your vacation, but the Tomb of the Kings is one of the most tourist attractions of Paphos, and for good reason. Although no ancient royalty actually rests here — instead, it’s the local elite of the Classical Hellenic days — this place is full of sights and a historic atmosphere.
- Akamas Peninsula. Located about an hour’s drive north of the city itself, Akamas is one of the most interesting places to visit in the Paphos area. In addition to being home to a national park that’s known for hiking and rafting and includes the impressive Avakas gorge, Akamas is also home to the Baths of Aphrodite, a natural grotto that holds a special place in the local mythology.
Traffic and parking
- Unlike most EU countries, Cyprus drives on the left-hand side of the road.
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 100km/h (62mph) on highways, 80km/h (50mph) on most of the other motorways, 65km/h (40mph) on many countryside roads, and 50km/h (31mph) inside cities, villages, and other built-up areas.
- While most national highways are in great shape, some countryside roads and mountainous inland roads can be in considerably worse condition. Always plan your driving route in advance and look up the roads on which you are going to drive.
- Like in other cities of Cyprus, many streets in Paphos can be quite narrow, so choosing a large rental car might result in some problems. On the other hand, some nature and mountainous areas might require a rather powerful vehicle to travel safely. Many 4x4 vehicles are available for rent in Paphos.
- Compared to many other European countries, Cypriot drivers like to use their car horns quite a lot. It might come as a bit of a cultural shock, but do not get upset about this — nobody means any harm, it is just a part of the local driving culture.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.02% for experienced drivers and 0.00% for novice drivers. Exceeding the limit can lead to large fines, an EU-wide license ban, or even imprisonment.
- Proof of insurance and the car’s documentation need to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- When driving, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The emergency number, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112
There are no toll roads in Cyprus.
Ideas for day trips
- Limassol. The largest coastal city of Cyprus, Limassol is just a 50-minute drive east of Paphos. Known for its busy nightlife, it is also home to a small, but well-preserved old town, ancient sites like the Kourion, and a large, attractive waterfront.
- Troodos Mountains. Located just a relatively short drive from the hustle and bustle of the beach resorts, Troodos Mountains is a markedly different Cyprus experience. Characterised by notable peaks that sometimes even see snow, pine forests, and old Greek Orthodox monasteries, it is a place of tranquil atmosphere.
Most popular cars
The most hired car in Paphos is the Kia Picanto, followed by the Ford Fiesta and the Suzuki Alto. The most popular car types are mini, economy, and compact.
Car Hire Prices in Paphos
- Convertibles - starting at £ 73 per day
- Station wagons - starting at £ 42 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 37 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 29 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 55 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 102 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 21 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 35 per day
These are some good methods to save money on your hired car:
- Compare rates of different car providers
- Book your car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit during the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Paphos is the cheapest in February.
Top 4 Cities near Paphos
Top 5 Destinations around Paphos
Paphos Airport Car Hire starting at £ 21.11 per day
City Centre Car Hire starting at £ 26.09 per day9.9 km / 6.2 miles away
Limassol Hotel Delivery Car Hire starting at £ 31.50 per day50.8 km / 31.6 miles away
Larnaca Hotel Delivery Car Hire starting at £ 77.19 per day103.2 km / 64.1 miles away
Larnaca Airport Car Hire starting at £ 21.11 per day105.5 km / 65.6 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
In which month is car hire in Paphos the most affordable?
This information can help you determine the low season. But note that these prices are only averages. The cost of your hire is determined by the type of car you select, the length of time you hire it for and how much in advance you book. Simply type in your dates in the form at the top of the page in order to find out the exact prices.
What is the usual period for which people keep their hire cars, on average, in Paphos?
What is the most favoured month for hiring a car in Paphos?
Car Hire Information
|Car hire locations||3|
|Popular suppliers||Aercar, Elephant Rent A Car, AutoRent Cyprus, Get Your Car, CTT Car Rentals|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, People Carriers|
|Lowest price||£ 21 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||AutoRent Cyprus|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Elephant Rent A Car||Toyota Passo||5||1||Small cars|
|Aercar||Volkswagen Up||5||2||Small cars|
|Elephant Rent A Car||Nissan Pixo||5||1||Small cars|
|AutoRent Cyprus||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Aercar||Toyota Yaris||5||1||Small cars|
|AutoRent Cyprus||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
|Aercar||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
|Get Your Car||Citroen C1||5||1||Small cars|
|Get Your Car||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
|Get Your Car||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.