Car Rental Ibiza
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Ibiza?
Also known as the White Island, Ibiza is a great place to explore by car. Having the freedom of your own ride will let you see more than just the tourist parts and travel to smaller villages, nature areas, and secluded beaches of the island.
Top ways to enter Ibiza
- Ibiza Airport: Popular with low-cost carriers and very active during summer, Ibiza Airport hosts flights to and from countless destinations all across Europe.
- By sea: It’s also possible to come to Ibiza by ferry and then pick up a rental car at Ibiza Port once you’ve arrived.
Useful city facts
- Language: The locals speak both Spanish and Balearic Catalan, and English is also well known by a large part of the population.
- Like elsewhere in the Mediterranean, Ibiza has low precipitation, mild winters, and hot summers. Many travelers say that the best time to visit here is spring or autumn.
Top destinations and activities
- Beaches. Obviously, Ibiza is first and foremost known as a beach destination. Some of the hidden gems across the island include the Cala Olivera Beach, the Sol d’en Serra Beach, and the Cala Xarraca Beach, while restaurants around the Cala Mastella Beach boast about having the best seafood.
- Nature. Thanks to its beautiful and varied nature, Ibiza is a UNESCO World heritage site. Some of the best places to observe its natural beauty are the Es Amunts Natural Park, the Ses Feixes Wetlands, and the Las Salinas Nature Park.
- The clubs. Ibiza is world-famous for its nightlife. If partying is your thing, some of the nightclubs you’ll like to visit are Privilege, Space, Pacha, Eden, Amnesia, and Es Paradis.
Traffic and parking tips
- Speed limits - 50km/h (31mph) in built-up areas, 90km/h (56mph) on most standard roads, 100km/h (62mph) on standard roads that are either one-way roads, roads with more than two lanes for at least one direction of traffic and roads with shoulders more than 1.5m wide, and 120km/h (74mph) on motorways (called autovías in Spain).
- The car documentation and insurance always has to be inside a vehicle.
- The driver and all passengers are required to wear seatbelts.
- Children up to the age of 12 and measuring less than 135cm travelling on the front seat of a car must be seated in a child restraint system adapted to their size and weight.
- Unnecessary use of audible warning devices (horns) is prohibited.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.02% for novice drivers.
- The emergency number is 112.
Most of the roads inside the country are toll-free. Toll roads are called ‘carretera de peaje’. On maps and road signs, all toll roads have to include a letter P after the road type. The payment method may vary depending on the road, but most will accept cash. Regardless of the region, the average estimated price is €9.5 ($11.25) per 100km by car. See the official website for prices and more information.
Ideas for a day-trip
Atlantis. The hidden cove is a fascinating and mystical destination, but locals keep its location secret, so you’ll have to convince someone to show you the way. If the negotiations are not working out, you can still drive to Cova de Can Marçà in Puerto de San Miguel, the biggest natural caves in Ibiza.
Es Vedra. The small and uninhabited rock island near Ibiza’s south-western shore has caught the travelers imagination for centuries thanks to its unique shape and many legions that surround it. The only permanent inhabitants of the rock are Ibiza wall lizard and Eleonora’s falcon.
Formentera. Just south of Ibiza, the island of Formentera can be reached by a boat and is a great beach and culinary destination that’s more relaxed than the larger Ibiza.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most often picked rental car in the Balearic Islands is the Ford Fiesta, but travelers also tend to choose the Fiat Panda and the Nissan Qashqai. The most popular car types are economy, mini, and compact.
- Mallorca. The largest of Balearic Islands combines its long coast with interesting museums, architecture, and history.
- Barcelona. One of the most visited European cities, Barcelona has something for everyone and is a destination that you can truly explore for days and weeks.
- Valencia. Spain’s third city, like Mallorca and Barcelona, can be reached by a ferry and is home to unique culture and perhaps the best paella in the whole of Spain.
Car Rental Prices in Ibiza
- Convertibles - from $75 per day
- Station wagons - from $22 per day
- Large cars - from $55 per day
- Medium cars - from $36 per day
- People Carriers / Vans - from $76 per day
- Premium cars - from $131 per day
- Small cars - from $32 per day
- SUVs - from $54 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
There are different ways to get a great car rental deal in Ibiza:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Ibiza is the cheapest in February when renting a car is about 71% cheaper than the yearly average and 87% cheaper than renting a car in July.
Top 5 Locations near Ibiza
Ibiza Airport Car Rentals from $0.02 per day
Ibiza, San Antonio Car Rentals from $28.33 per day
Ibiza, Santa Eulalia Car Rentals from $28.33 per day
Palma de Mallorca Airport Car Rentals from $0.02 per day139.8 km / 86.9 miles away
Menorca Airport Car Rentals from $5.83 per day268.7 km / 167.0 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Ibiza?
What’s the usual rental length in Ibiza?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Ibiza?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Rental Agent||Make / Model||Doors||Luggage||Type|
|Record-go||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||FIAT 500||2||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Ford Ka||2||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Nissan Micra||4||2||Small cars|
|Centauro||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
|Record-go||Smart For Four||3||1||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Record-go||Fiat Grande Punto||3||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 16 Suppliers for Ibiza in 2019
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email