Car Rental in Ibiza
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Ibiza?
Also known as the White Island, Ibiza is a great place to explore by car. Having the freedom of your own ride will let you see more than just the tourist parts and travel to smaller villages, nature areas, and secluded beaches of the island.
Top ways to enter Ibiza
- Ibiza Airport. The only international airport on the island, it handled more than eight million travelers in 2019. The airport has flights by more than 30 different airlines, although most companies only operate seasonally; during the low tourism season, there are flights to Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, and other Spanish destinations. Located about 6 km (3.7 mi) southeast of Ibiza Town, the airport can be reached in 7-10 minutes.
- Ibiza Port. If you’re arriving in Ibiza by a ferry, you can conveniently pick up your rental car at the Ibiza Port. There are frequent ferries from Ibiza Port to other Balearic Islands as well as destinations on Spanish mainland like Barcelona and Valencia. The service is generally a lot more active during the summer and early autumn months. Most ferries permit bringing a car with you, but you should ask in advance (you should also check whether your rental car provider permits it). Located about 4 km (2.4 mi) from the city center, Ibiza Port can be reached in seven minutes. There is also a passenger port in San Antonio Abad, about 16 km (10 mi) northwest of Ibiza Town.
Useful city facts
- Ibiza has a Mediterranean climate with semi-arid influences. The average high temperature on the island is 30.3 °C (86.5 °F) in July, the hottest month, and 15.7 °C (60.3 °F) in January, the coldest. The precipitation is extremely low in June and especially July, but increases from September until December.
- The two native languages of Ibiza are Spanish and the Balearic Catalan. There are also many native English speakers living on the island, and the language is also understood by many Spanish speakers. Additionally, many people also speak German, Dutch, French, and Italian.
- Inhabited for more than 2,600 years, Ibiza was first settled by Phoenician sailors and became a colony of Carthage. An ancient shrine to the Punic lion goddess Tanit has been found on the island. Later held by the Romans, Vandals, and the Byzantine Empire, the island maintained a large degree of autonomy until the 18th century when King Philip V made it a more integral part of Spain.
Top destinations and activities
- Beaches. Obviously, Ibiza is first and foremost known as a beach destination. Some of the hidden gems across the island include the Cala Olivera Beach, the Sol d’en Serra Beach, and the Cala Xarraca Beach, while restaurants around the Cala Mastella Beach boast about having the best seafood.
- Nature. Thanks to its beautiful and varied nature, Ibiza is a UNESCO World heritage site. Some of the best places to observe its natural beauty are the Es Amunts Natural Park, the Ses Feixes Wetlands, and the Las Salinas Nature Park.
- The clubs. Ibiza is world-famous for its nightlife. If partying is your thing, some of the nightclubs you’ll like to visit are Privilege, Space, Pacha, Eden, Amnesia, and Es Paradis.
Traffic and parking tips
- Speed limits - 50km/h (31mph) in built-up areas, 90km/h (56mph) on most standard roads, 100km/h (62mph) on standard roads that are either one-way roads, roads with more than two lanes for at least one direction of traffic and roads with shoulders more than 1.5m wide, and 120km/h (74mph) on motorways (called autovías in Spain).
- The car documentation and insurance always has to be inside a vehicle.
- The driver and all passengers are required to wear seatbelts.
- Children up to the age of 12 and measuring less than 135cm travelling on the front seat of a car must be seated in a child restraint system adapted to their size and weight.
- Unnecessary use of audible warning devices (horns) is prohibited.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.02% for novice drivers.
- The emergency number is 112.
Most of the roads inside the country are toll-free. Toll roads are called ‘carretera de peaje’. On maps and road signs, all toll roads have to include a letter P after the road type. The payment method may vary depending on the road, but most will accept cash. Regardless of the region, the average estimated price is €9.5 ($11.25) per 100km by car. See the official website for prices and more information.
Ideas for a day-trip
Atlantis. The hidden cove is a fascinating and mystical destination, but locals keep its location secret, so you’ll have to convince someone to show you the way. If the negotiations are not working out, you can still drive to Cova de Can Marçà in Puerto de San Miguel, the biggest natural caves in Ibiza.
Es Vedra. The small and uninhabited rock island near Ibiza’s south-western shore has caught the travelers imagination for centuries thanks to its unique shape and many legions that surround it. The only permanent inhabitants of the rock are Ibiza wall lizard and Eleonora’s falcon.
Formentera. Just south of Ibiza, the island of Formentera can be reached by a boat and is a great beach and culinary destination that’s more relaxed than the larger Ibiza.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most often picked rental car in the Balearic Islands is the Ford Fiesta, but travelers also tend to choose the Fiat Panda and the Nissan Qashqai. The most popular car types are economy, mini, and compact.
- Mallorca. The largest of Balearic Islands combines its long coast with interesting museums, architecture, and history.
- Barcelona. One of the most visited European cities, Barcelona has something for everyone and is a destination that you can truly explore for days and weeks.
- Valencia. Spain’s third city, like Mallorca and Barcelona, can be reached by a ferry and is home to unique culture and perhaps the best paella in the whole of Spain.
Car Rental Prices in Ibiza
- Convertibles - from $76 per day
- Station wagons - from $66 per day
- Large cars - from $57 per day
- Medium cars - from $47 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $110 per day
- Premium cars - from $209 per day
- Small cars - from $35 per day
- SUVs - from $96 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
There are different ways to get a great car rental deal in Ibiza:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Ibiza is the cheapest in February when renting a car is about 71% cheaper than the yearly average and 87% cheaper than renting a car in July.
Top 20 Locations near Ibiza
San Antonio Car Rentals from $20.79 per day5.8 km / 3.6 miles away
Ibiza Airport Car Rentals from $17.17 per day14.2 km / 8.8 miles away
Santa Eulalia Car Rentals from $20.79 per day27.6 km / 17.2 miles away
Formentera Port Car Rentals from $128.83 per day28.0 km / 17.4 miles away
Paguera Downtown Car Rentals from $30.34 per day124.0 km / 77.0 miles away
Santa Ponsa Downtown Car Rentals from $23.07 per day124.5 km / 77.4 miles away
Magaluf Downtown Car Rentals from $28.98 per day128.1 km / 79.6 miles away
Palma Nova Downtown Car Rentals from $23.07 per day128.8 km / 80.0 miles away
Palma de Mallorca Airport Car Rentals from $10.82 per day146.0 km / 90.7 miles away
Port de Soller Downtown Car Rentals from $27.57 per day157.3 km / 97.8 miles away
Cala d'Or Downtown Car Rentals from $38.66 per day178.7 km / 111.0 miles away
Puerto Pollensa Downtown Car Rentals from $23.07 per day184.9 km / 114.9 miles away
Can Picafort Downtown Car Rentals from $19.25 per day188.7 km / 117.3 miles away
Alcudia Downtown Car Rentals from $38.66 per day188.8 km / 117.3 miles away
Mallorca Sa Coma Car Rentals from $24.64 per day196.7 km / 122.2 miles away
Cala Millor Downtown Car Rentals from $30.34 per day198.3 km / 123.2 miles away
Cala Ratjada Downtown Car Rentals from $19.25 per day209.7 km / 130.3 miles away
Cala Galdana Car Rentals from $33.81 per day258.8 km / 160.8 miles away
Santo Tomas Car Rentals from $33.81 per day263.7 km / 163.9 miles away
Son Bou Car Rentals from $33.81 per day266.3 km / 165.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Ibiza?
What’s the usual rental length in Ibiza?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Ibiza?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Goldcar||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Peugeot 108||3||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Skoda Fabia||5||2||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500 Lounge||4||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Click&Rent||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|Interrent||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 17 Suppliers in Ibiza in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email