Car Rental at Muscat Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Developed and affluent, but relatively quiet, Muscat hasn’t received the same international attention as some of its neighbors like Dubai. But give this coastal capital a chance and you’ll discover an ancient city that has been inhabited for three thousand years, boasts fascinating culture in the shape of everything from museums to markets, and also provides access to unique nature. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Muscat:
- Al Jalali Fort. The imposing Al Jalali Fort is one of the symbols of Muscat. Built in the late 16th century by the Portuguese who ruled the area at the time to repel Ottoman naval attacks, Al Jalali has seen multiple sieges and attacks over the centuries but has always been rebuilt to its former glory. There are several other famous forts in Muscat, most notably Al Mirani Fort.
- Museums. Muscat is home to a large number of museums, several of which are among the best on the Arabian peninsula. Among these, Bait Al Zubair Museum is dedicated to the history of the Omani people, Bait al-Baranda Museum is mainly dedicated to the early habitation of Oman, the Natural History Museum deals with the flora and fauna characteristic of the country, and the National Museum is the best place to see Omani national costumes and traditional crafts.
- The Hajar Mountains. Located in the country’s interior west of the capital, the Hajar Mountains are one of the most impressive natural attractions of Oman. Home of austere landscapes and dramatic vistas, the area is also home to attractions such as the ruins of Wadi Tanuf, ancient sites of Bat and Al-Khutm, and the Al Hoota cave of stalactites and stalagmites. The main highways of the region are quite accessible, but to explore the mountains properly, it is best to rent a 4x4. A car trip from the capital to the mountains takes about three hours, so while the area can be visited on a day trip, it is best to spare at least two to three days to have time.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $60 per day
- Medium cars - from $49 per day
- Small cars - from $38 per day
- SUVs - from $112 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Abu Dhabi (498 km / 309 miles)
- Dubai (427 km / 265 miles)
- Sharjah (411 km / 255 miles)
- Salalah (1,017 km / 632 miles)
Muscat Airport (MCT)
- IATA: MCT
- ICAO: OOMS
- Name: Muscat Airport (MCT)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 114,258
- Passengers (per year): 14,034,865
- Distance from City: 19.9 miles / 32 km W of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Muscat Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Muscat Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Muscat Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Europcar||Toyota Land Cruiser Prado||5||2||SUVs|
|SIXT||Suzuki Vitara 4x4||5||1||SUVs|
|Europcar||Nissan Sunny||4||2||Medium cars|
|Europcar||Toyota Corolla||5||2||Large cars|
|Europcar||Mazda 6||4||2||Large cars|
|Europcar||Toyota Yaris||5||2||Small cars|
|AST Car Rental & Tours||Hyundai Creta||5||2||SUVs|
|Europcar||Toyota CAmry||5||2||Large cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.