Car Rental at Podgorica Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Unlike in many other countries, the capital of Montenegro is not among its most fabled attractions — most travelers are in a hurry to take off for the country’s beaches and mountains. But if you give Podgorica a chance, you’ll discover a surprisingly historic place with many hidden gems. The relatively small size of the country means that the city can also be used as a base for exploring the different parts of Montenegro. With that in mind, these are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Podgorica:
- Podgorica City Museum. One of the most interesting cultural institutions in the capital, this museum covers the archaeology, ethnography, history, and cultural aspects of Montenegro. Some of the most interesting artifacts on display are related to the Illyrian and Ancient Roman cultures that inhabited the present-day territory of Montenegro 1,700-2,600 years ago.
- Stara Varoš. Also known as a Turkish town, this is one of the oldest and most distinct neighborhoods of Podgorica. Most of its landmarks date back to the times when the city was ruled by the Ottoman Empire. These include the 17th-century clock tower of Haji-pasha Osmanagič, Ribnica Fortress, and the Aji-pasha Bridge.
- Lovčen National Park. Named after the impressive mountain at its heart, Lovčen National Park is one of the most visited protected areas in Montenegro. The area is characterized by rugged peaks, thick woodlands, the Mausoleum of Njegoš (a resting place of the Montenegrin king Petar II), and authentic village architecture. The drive from Podgorica takes about 1 hour and 10 minutes; a visit to Lovčen can be combined with seeing Cetinje, the historical capital of Montenegro, which is on the way between the two.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $144 per day
- Station wagons - from $33 per day
- Large cars - from $45 per day
- Medium cars - from $30 per day
- Vans - from $83 per day
- Small cars - from $30 per day
- SUVs - from $51 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Tivat (89 km / 55 mi). Located on the picturesque Bay of Kotor, Tivat is one of the prettiest coastal towns in Montenegro. Most of the things to do in Tivat are connected to the sea, but there is also an impressive botanic garden and a number of nearby mountain villages that you can easily reach by car.
- Budva (65 km / 40 mi). Another popular destination on the Adriatic coast, Budva is often mentioned as one of the poshest places in the region. The city is characterized by built-up beaches, energetic wildlife, as well as more historic attractions like the labyrinthine Budva Old Town.
- Zadar (472 km / 293 mi). Located in the historic Croatian region of Dalmatia, the seaside city of Zadar was named the best European destination in 2016. The city is famous for its Venetian heritage that includes impressive city walls. You’ll have to cross an international border to travel from Montenegro to Croatia or any other neighboring country, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it. Also, find out if you need a visa to visit the country of your destination.
- Dubrovnik (158 km / 98 mi). Located just a relatively short drive west of Podgorica in neighboring Croatia, Dubrovnik is an amazing travel destination. Like elsewhere on the Adriatic there are awesome beaches, but this city also boasts an impressive array of churches, museums, and ancient sites.
- Zagreb (725 km / 450 mi). The capital and largest city of Croatia, Zagreb has a very different vibe than the country’s famous coastal destinations. Influenced by nearby Austria and Hungary, Zagreb is a real metropolis of history, learning, architecture, and cuisine.
- Budapest (833 km / 517 mi). There are many good reasons why the capital of Hungary is one of the most popular travel destinations in Europe. Imperial, yet accessible and youthful, this unique city is characterized by famous landmarks like the Castle Hill, royal views of the Danube river, and the deliciously spicy Hungarian food.
Podgorica Airport (TGD)
- IATA: TGD
- ICAO: LYPG
- Name: Podgorica Airport (TGD)
- Distance from city: 5 miles / 8 km
Top 2 Locations near Podgorica Airport
Car Rental at Podgorica Hotel Hilton from $75.20 per day8.9 km / 5.5 miles away
Car Rental at Tivat Airport from $33.60 per day43.7 km / 27.2 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Podgorica Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Podgorica Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Podgorica Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||GreenMotion, Surprice, Carwiz, ABBYCAR, SIXT|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$30 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Surprice||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Carwiz||Skoda Fabia||5||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Skoda Rapid||5||2||Medium cars|
|ABBYCAR||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Carwiz||Toyota Yaris||5||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Hyundai i10||3||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Ford Fiesta||4||1||Small cars|
|Ok Mobility||Peugeot 208||5||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||Skoda Fabia||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.