Car Rental in Mauritius
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Mauritius?
Having a car in Mauritius will let you discover this tropical island at your own pace. The island is small and well-connected by a road network, so the travel distances are small, yet you’ll discover a surprising variety of culture and nature.
Top ways to enter Mauritius
Mauritius Airport: The only international airport on Mauritius is located in Plaisance and is about an hour’s drive away from Port-Louis. It hosts flights to and from many destinations in Africa, Europe, and Asia.
Top cities and places to visit
- Blue-Bay: Famous as a spot for snorkeling and doing other water sports, Blue-Bay is also where you can sample the delicious Mauritian cuisine, a mixture of French, Indian, and African influences. Locals say that you have to look for the best restaurants outside of the main tourist areas.
- Port-Louis: The capital of Mauritius is small and cozy. Its art spaces and museums are the best places to learn about the island’s culture and history.
- Bel Ombre: Home not only to wild beaches, but also impressive mountains, the area around Bel Ombre village is home to Frédérica Nature Reserve.
- Rivière Noire: Also known as the Black River District, the westernmost part of Mauritius has the scenic Tamarin Falls, as well as unique dunes and gorges.
- Pereybere: Located on the northern tip of the Mauritius island, Pereybere and its surrounding beaches offer world-class diving opportunities.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Mauritius is the Hyundai i10, but the Toyota Vitz and the Citroen C1 are also popular.
As an island country, Mauritius doesn’t have any neighbors, so there are no land borders to cross.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in Mauritius is an economy, but travelers also tend to pick mini and intermediate.
Top driving routes
Plaisance - Grand Baie (70 km / 43 mi) Mauritius is famous for its beaches, but the route between these two popular tourism destinations will let you explore more of the inland.
Car Rental Prices
- Convertibles - from $178 per day
- Station wagons - from $78 per day
- Large cars - from $87 per day
- Medium cars - from $56 per day
- Vans - from $96 per day
- Premium cars - from $112 per day
- Small cars - from $47 per day
- SUVs - from $145 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Mauritius:
- Compare rates
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Mauritius is the cheapest in October when renting a car is about 30% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 11 Most Popular Cities in Mauritius
Car Rental in Plaisance from $34.40 per day
Car Rental in Flic en Flac from $44.42 per day
Car Rental in Grand Bay from $39.74 per day
Car Rental in Le Morne Peninsula from $44.42 per day
Car Rental in Mauritius from $69.54 per day
Car Rental in Trou aux Biches from $36.85 per day
Car Rental in Pointe aux Piments from $68.48 per day
Car Rental in Port Louis from $68.48 per day
Car Rental Tamarin from $45.27 per day
Car Rental in Quartier Militaire from $25.25 per day
Top 2 Most Popular Locations in Mauritius
Car Rental at Mauritius Airport from $25.94 per day
Car Rental in Pointe aux Piments Le Meridien Ile Maurice from $68.48 per day
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Mauritius?
What’s the average rental length in Mauritius?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Mauritius?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Mauriconnect Car Rental||Toyota Vitz||5||1||Small cars|
|Mauriconnect Car Rental||Hyundai Grand i10||5||1||Small cars|
|Coastal Cars||Renault Kwid||5||1||Small cars|
|AutoRent Mauritius||Suzuki Alto||5||1||Small cars|
|Mauriconnect Car Rental||Honda Jazz||5||1||Small cars|
|AutoRent Mauritius||Nissan Micra||4||2||Small cars|
|Garuda Car Rental||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Garuda Car Rental||Suzuki Alto||4||1||Small cars|
|Mauriconnect Car Rental||Nissan Micra||5||1||Small cars|
|AutoRent Mauritius||Suzuki Alto||4||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.