Car Rental at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
One of the main cities of the Piedmont region and all of North Carolina, Charlotte is a great place to visit. The city is well known for its diverse neighborhoods and lively cultural institutions, and also provides access to a number of destinations worth a day trip to visit. Here are three of the best attractions in and around it:
- Discovery Place. A science and innovation center, Discovery Place has sometimes been called one of the best children’s museums in all of the United States. Its interactive and accessible exhibitions include a butterfly pavilion, an IMAX dome theater, a planetarium, and the Thinker Space Lab. Nowadays, Discovery Place is made up of three separate museums – the main center, Discovery Place Science, is in Uptown Charlotte, while Discovery Place Nature is in the southern Freedom Park neighborhood, and Discovery Place Kids has branches in nearby Huntersville (a 20-minute drive to the north) and Rockingham (a 75-minute drive to the east). Visit the Discovery Place website to learn more.
- Levine Museum of the New South. One of the most notable southern-themed museums in the U.S., this is another landmark not to miss if you’re in Charlotte. The museum’s main exhibition is called "Cotton Fields to Skyscrapers: Charlotte and the Carolina Piedmont in the New South” and includes recreations of such historical sites as a one-room farmhouse and African American hospital. In addition, the museum frequently hosts various rotating exhibitions and events. Centrally located on 7th Street, it is near other notable landmarks such as the aforementioned Discovery Place and Charlotte Convention Center. Visit its website to learn more.
- Schiele Museum of Natural History. If you and your family enjoyed Discovery Place, it is worth also going on a day trip to the Schiele Museum. It has a planetarium, an aviary, and plenty of exhibitions to keep you excited. The museum is a 25-minute drive west in the town of Gastonia where you can also visit the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden and neighboring nature like that of the US National Whitewater Center and Crowders Mountain State Park.
Top international routes
- Montego Bay
- Punta Cana
Delta and United along with the low-cost airlines Southwest and Frontier also provide some flights to and from CLT. Destinations include Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York, Denver, Las Vegas, Orlando, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, and Houston.
The only international airlines that fly to the airport are Air Canada, connecting the city with Toronto, and Luthsfansa, providing connections to Munich and Frankfurt. American Airlines flies to and from many international destinations, particularly destinations in the Carribean and Mexico.
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $163 per day
- Large cars - from $56 per day
- Medium cars - from $55 per day
- Vans - from $101 per day
- Premium cars - from $69 per day
- Small cars - from $54 per day
- SUVs - from $56 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Ther airport has many different services for passengers. These include free wifi throughout the terminal, pet relief areas, a mother’s room for nursing mothers, a chapel, multiple ATMs, and currency exchanges, though you are, as always, better off taking out money out of an ATM or bringing it from your home country. The most unique service offered at the airport is the CLT Canine Crew. These trained therapy dogs are available for any passenger to pet and you can spot them by their “Pet Me” vest.
The airport has a crew of volunteers to assist travelers with any questions they have at the airport. These volunteers are known what the “Yellow Shirts” as the wear, you guessed it, yellow shirts. These friendly people can help you find your gate, find where to eat, or anything else related to your time at the airport.
Finally, you won’t go hungry or thirsty at CLT. There are various dining options in both the Atrium and the concourses. The options range from fast food to table-service restaurants. Coffee shops and the Carolina Beer Co. are there to greet thirsty travelers. If you want a lounge to relax in, there a two American Airlines Admirals Clubs.
Nearest gas station
Finally, if traveling to the airport along Billy Graham Parkway, there is another Mobil station just north of the exit to the airport. From the station, Old Dowd Road (State Route 1191) leads back to the airport, though the route to the rental car return may be confusing without a map.
Charlotte/Douglas International Airport (CLT)
- IATA: CLT
- ICAO: KCLT
- Name: Charlotte/Douglas International Airport (CLT)
- Distance from city: 4 miles / 6.4 km
Top 7 Locations near Charlotte/Douglas International Airport
Car Rental at Piedmont Triad International Airport from $65.19 per day134.6 km / 83.6 miles away
Car Rental at Asheville Airport from $65.19 per day146.1 km / 90.8 miles away
Car Rental at Fayetteville Airport from $65.19 per day188.7 km / 117.3 miles away
Car Rental at Raleigh Durham Airport from $55.09 per day208.5 km / 129.6 miles away
Car Rental at Wilmington International Airport from $65.19 per day296.5 km / 184.2 miles away
Car Rental at Coastal Carolina Regional Airport from $65.19 per day355.4 km / 220.8 miles away
Car Rental at Albert J. Ellis Airport from $65.19 per day529.9 km / 329.3 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Easirent, Ace Rent a car, Dollar, NUCarrentals, SIXT|
|Popular car categories||Large cars, Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs|
|Lowest price||$54 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Easirent||Toyota Yaris||5||0||Small cars|
|Easirent||Nissan Sentra||4||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Nissan Altima||4||1||Large cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Kia Rio||4||1||Small cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Toyota Camry||4||2||Large cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Hyundai Accent||4||1||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Hyundai Santa Fe||5||2||SUVs|
|Ace Rent a car||Nissan Kicks||5||2||SUVs|
|Ace Rent a car||Hyundai Santa Fe||5||2||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.