Car Rental at Monastir Airport
500+ Trusted Suppliers:
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Volkswagen Polo or similar
$44.23 per day
Hyundai i10 or similar
$51.74 per day
Renault Elegance or similar
$59.54 per day
Honda Accord or similar
$116.01 per day
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Volkswagen Polo Sedan or similar
$53.52 / per day
Skoda Scala or similar
$91.48 / per day
Renault Clio or similar
$44.30 / per day
Fiat Punto or similar
$53.66 / per day
The above prices are only approximate and were last updated at 20:42 on 2023-03-30. Prices may vary based on the booking dates, length of rental, and car class.
Why book with us?
As a market leader (see SimilarWeb), we get special offers like contactless pick-ups, great prices, and free upgrades.
World's Leading Car Rental Booking Website in the World Travel Tech Awards (3 years in a row).
A combined rating of 4.5 with 90k total reviews on platforms like Trustpilot, Google, and Review Center.
Have already booked on one of the fastest-growing car rental booking websites.
Average car rental price
$64.31 / per day
Average car rental length
Speed limit within town
Speed limit out of town
Airport Car Rental
Dating back all the way to Ancient Carthage, Monastir is one of the oldest cities in Tunisia. This long and diverse past makes it a popular tourist destination as it obviously doesn’t lack notable sites and historical attractions. On top of that, the city is also famous for its long sandy beaches. These are three of the most notable attractions in and around it:
- The Ribat. A symbol of the city, this ancient monastery and fortress is a fascinating place to visit. Built in the 8th century during the rule of the Abbasid Caliphate, it is notable for both its architecture and the views of the Mediterranean below. Monastir’s Ribat is also the location of the Islamic Arts Museum and its most popular exhibit, a 10th-century astrolabe built in then-Islamic Andalusia.
- Museum of Folk Arts and Traditions. The religious culture of Tunisia is fascinating to explore, but so are the local traditions of its native inhabitants. One of the best places to go to learn about this is the Museum of Folk Arts which has a special focus on national costumes but also has plenty of other exhibits and artifacts on display.
- Sousse. Monastir is a lovely place to visit, but getting a rental car means you have the freedom to also explore its surroundings. One of the most popular day trip destinations from Monastir, the city of Sousse is just a 30-minute drive to the northwest. The city boasts one of the best-preserved old towns (or medinas) in the region (it has been recognized as a world heritage site), as well as an impressive mosque and beaches that are just as popular as those of Monastir.
Top international routes
- Saint Petersburg
Tunisair, Nouvelair, Transavia France, Nordwind Airlines, Azur Air, and Pegas Fly
The single airport terminal serves all international and domestic flights.
Monastir Airport is about 7 km (4.3 mi) west of downtown Monastir and about 15 km (9 mi) east of Sousse. Motorway C100e is the main road connecting the airport to the city.
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $60 per day
- Large cars - from $80 per day
- Medium cars - from $66 per day
- Premium cars - from $127 per day
- Small cars - from $46 per day
Car rental desks
Some are in the airport’s meet and greet area. The exact location of your car rental provider's desk will be listed on your Confirmation Voucher.
Services and facilities
You’ll find coffee shops and fast food outlets, as well as a few stores, including a duty-free shop that is located after passport control. There are also four banks with ATMs and currency exchanges, a nearby hotel, a medical aid center, and a lost and found office, which is located at the airport police station. Passengers with reduced mobility should contact their airline in advance to find out what kind of assistance is available at the airport.
Nearest gas station
Oilibya gas station on Route De Khniss Monastir can be reached in about 14 minutes and is open 24/7. There are many other gas stations in and around Monastir.
Popular one-way rentals
- Tunis (162 km / 101 mi)
- Djerba (385 km / 239 mi)
- Sousse (15 km / 9 mi)
Monastir Airport (MIR)
- IATA: MIR
- ICAO: DTMB
- Name: Monastir Airport (MIR)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Passengers (per year): 3,831,924
- Distance from city: 4.3 miles / 7 km NW of town
- Phone: +216 (0)73 521.300
- Email: email@example.com
Top 2 Locations near Monastir Airport
Car Rental at Tunis Airport from $39.56 per day131.6 km / 81.8 miles away
Car Rental at Djerba Airport from $37.20 per day210.3 km / 130.7 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Monastir Airport?
The cost of renting a car at Monastir Airport depends on the time of year. This graph compares month-to-month price changes to help you find the best deal.
Average Rental Price at Monastir Airport
The cheapest time of the year to rent a vehicle at Monastir Airport is March when prices for an Economy class start from $39.12. You can see that this is 31% cheaper than the yearly average and 55% cheaper than renting a car in August (when rental prices start at $87.77 for a Compact class). Knowing this can help you find the best price. But remember that these are just average numbers. The exact cost of your rental will depend on your rental length and on how far in advance you book the car. Enter your travel dates at the top of the page to see exact prices and offers!
What’s the most frequent rental length at Monastir Airport?
Travel length differs from one month to another: in June the average rental period is 15 days, while in January, the average rental period is only 4 days.
Average Rental Length
Which is the busiest month for car rental at Monastir Airport?
Travelers are most likely to rent a car at Monastir Airport in July, while they are least likely to to rent in in April.
Popularity by Monthly Searches
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||SGF Tunisia, Europcar, Hertz, Avis|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Large cars, Vans, Medium cars|
|Lowest price||$44 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Hertz||Skoda Fabia||5||2||Small cars|
|Europcar||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
|Europcar||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Nissan Micra||5||1||Small cars|
|Europcar||Volkswagen Polo Sedan||4||2||Small cars|
|Europcar||Hyundai i10||5||1||Small cars|
|Avis||Renault Elegance||4||2||Large cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Dacia Sandero||5||2||Small cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Citroën C Elysee||4||3||Large cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Nissan Micra||5||2||Small cars|
Car Rental Statistics
Highest rated company
8.79 / 10
Lowest rated company
8.08 / 10
Total rental companies
Average daily price
Lowest daily price
Total cars available
Top 6 Suppliers at Monastir Airport in 2023
Skanes, Monastir, En Face De L’Arrivée Aéroport، Rue De Tunis, 5060, Monastir
$116 - $116
HABIB BOURGUIBA INTL AIRPORT MONASTIR, 9023, Tunisia
$44 - $44
Skanes International Airport
$54 - $60
Aeroport Habib Bourguiba
APT INTERNATIONAL HABIB BOURGUIBA
Skanes, Monastir, en face de l’arrivée Aéroport، Rue de Tunis, Monastir 5060
$44 - $110
Book and manage your booking on the go