Car Rental at Monastir Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Dating back all the way to Ancient Carthage, Monastir is one of the oldest cities in Tunisia. This long and diverse past makes it a popular tourist destination as it obviously doesn’t lack notable sites and historical attractions. On top of that, the city is also famous for its long sandy beaches. These are three of the most notable attractions in and around it:
- The Ribat. A symbol of the city, this ancient monastery and fortress is a fascinating place to visit. Built in the 8th century during the rule of the Abbasid Caliphate, it is notable for both its architecture and the views of the Mediterranean below. Monastir’s Ribat is also the location of the Islamic Arts Museum and its most popular exhibit, a 10th-century astrolabe built in then-Islamic Andalusia.
- Museum of Folk Arts and Traditions. The religious culture of Tunisia is fascinating to explore, but so are the local traditions of its native inhabitants. One of the best places to go to learn about this is the Museum of Folk Arts which has a special focus on national costumes but also has plenty of other exhibits and artifacts on display.
- Sousse. Monastir is a lovely place to visit, but getting a rental car means you have the freedom to also explore its surroundings. One of the most popular day trip destinations from Monastir, the city of Sousse is just a 30-minute drive to the northwest. The city boasts one of the best-preserved old towns (or medinas) in the region (it has been recognized as a world heritage site), as well as an impressive mosque and beaches that are just as popular as those of Monastir.
Top international routes
- Saint Petersburg
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $61 per day
- Large cars - from $80 per day
- Medium cars - from $105 per day
- Premium cars - from $147 per day
- Small cars - from $53 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Tunis (162 km / 101 mi)
- Djerba (385 km / 239 mi)
- Sousse (15 km / 9 mi)
Monastir Airport (MIR)
- IATA: MIR
- ICAO: DTMB
- Name: Monastir Airport (MIR)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Passengers (per year): 3,831,924
- Distance from City: 4.3 miles / 7 km NW of town
- Phone: +216 (0)73 521.300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Monastir Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Monastir Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Monastir Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Europcar||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
|Europcar||Hyundai I10||4||1||Small cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Citroën C Elysee||4||3||Large cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Honda Accord||4||2||Large cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Nissan Micra||5||1||Small cars|
|Hertz||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Dacia Sandero||5||2||Small cars|
|Avis||Fiat Punto||4||1||Small cars|
|Avis||Hyundai Grand i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Avis||Renault Elegance||4||2||Large cars|