Car Rental in Tunisia
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Tunisia?
Tunisia is a great place for renting a car. From ancient sites to bustling cities, from beach resorts to the Sahara desert, its diversity is best experienced if you have your own ride.
Top ways to enter Tunisia
- Tunis Airport: Large and modern, Tunis-Carthage Airport serves many destinations in Africa, Europe, and Asia.
- Djerba Airport: Located in the south of the country, this airport is mainly active during the summer months.
- Monastir Airport: Another seasonally active airport, Monastir Habib Bourguiba is served by around 20 airlines.
Top cities and places to visit
- Tunis: Tunisia’s capital city is famous for its ancient history, relaxed atmosphere, and great market.
- Tunisian Sahara: Sparsely populated but taking up most of the country’s territory, Sahara Desert is a destination like no other in the world. In many ways, Tunisia is one of the best and safest countries for visiting it. Jebil National Park deserves a special mention.
- Monastir: Ancient city dating back to the history of the Phoenician times, Monastir is more than just its long and sandy beaches.
- Djerba: Tunisia’s largest island is a great resort in every sense, from beautiful coastline and opportunities for doing water sports to delicious seafood and even a Star Wars filming location.
- Carthage: Once a Mediterranean sea power and a rival of Ancient Rome, Carthage can still be explored through its ruins, artefacts and museums.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Tunisia is the Nissan Micra. Travelers also like the Chevrolet Aeo and the Hyundai Grand i10.
Tunisia is bordered by Libya and Algeria. It is currently impossible to cross the border with a rental car to either of those two countries. Most foreign ministries and international organizations advise against all non-essential travel to Libya because of the military conflict that’s ongoing there.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in Tunisia is an economy, followed by compact and mini.
Top driving routes
- Tunis - Monastir (169 km / 105 mi) Monastir is just two hours drive south of Tunis, and the road goes along the Mediterranean Coast for large portions of the way.
- Tunis - Enfidha (107 km / 66 mi) The city of Enfidha is just a short drive away from Tunis, but it’s worth spending some time in Boukornine National Park near the capital that you’ll be passing through.
- Djerba - Sousse (383 km / 238 km) Driving along Tunisia’s main highway A1, the route between these two cities can be done in just under five hours, unless you decide some of the coastal towns and villages on the way.
Car Rental Prices
- Station wagons - from $136 per day
- Large cars - from $84 per day
- Medium cars - from $73 per day
- Premium cars - from $290 per day
- Small cars - from $58 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Tunisia:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Tunisia is the cheapest in February when renting a car is about 58% cheaper than the yearly average and whopping 78% percent cheaper than renting in November.
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Tunisia?
What’s the average rental length in Tunisia?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Tunisia?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|SGF Tunisia||Nissan Micra||5||1||Small cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Citroën C Elysee||4||3||Large cars|
|Keddy||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen Polo Sedan||4||2||Small cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|Keddy||Dacia Logan STW||5||2||Station wagons|
|SGF Tunisia||Renault Symbol||4||1||Medium cars|
|Avis||Renault Elegance||4||2||Large cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Nissan Micra||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.